Roman Abramovich Thread

Cech was the back up keeper to Courtious and was adequately replaced by Begovic, a top class keeper.

Falcao was Mourinho's signing, probably done more to do his agent a favour than to help us on the pitch considering how shocking he was at Utd and the Copa America.

You know, it's funny. Mourinho normally gets taunted as a chequebook manager. He was given an opportunity to prove otherwise this season and look what happened.

Cech was the missing piece in Arsenal's defence. You're talking about what he meant to us, but what he meant to them is far more pertinent.

Falcao may well have been a Mendes/Mourinho special. Were the rest?

I don't think the board were trying to disprove some notion about Jose - I think they were just inept. We needed to spend to improve the squad and show some ambition, and we didn't.

straws, clutching....

It's not the same as Dortmund.

Mourinho wanted Falcao

Dildo - sure that shocked everyone, but Mourinho likes tall players and he got one.

Roman was dammed if he did, dammed if he didn't.

No win situation

I personally think they should have acted much quicker and hoiked him out a good 7 weeks ago, so the timing has surprised me, I thought he would be here until the summer.

I think his last press conference did it for him, without that, perhaps he could have stayed on - but that was too much.

So Jose really only has himself to blame, he needs to keep a lid on his emotions, otherwise these are the consequences. Chelsea will go on as will JM...

Today's news, tomorrows chip paper and some good memories...

And yet the supporters still sung his name and backed him, which was something I thought we might have lost as a fanbase. That is perhaps the best thing to come from this, that the fans are showing some loyalty. But what did it get them?

As for Klopp, I like him and I think he was a marvellous presence not just at Dortmund, but in the Bundesliga. It's not however 'straw clutching' to raise pertinent details about his time there.

Ultimately you've got what you want though and maybe we'll be better for it. But I honestly don't think the vast majority of supporters will agree with you, especially at the Bridge against Sunderland.

Absolute bullshit mate every Chelsea fan should count there lucky stars the day that Roman walked into the club. I'd prefer a different billionaire ran my football club that's just fucking pathetic. Roman saved this club from the brink and I guarantee that if he hadn't we'd be in the Championship at best. Would you be a Chelsea fan? I very much doubt it. Roman has carte blanche to do what he wants it's his money and if he makes a few bad decisions that people don't agree with then tough fucking titty.

Actually he doesn't have carte blanche because he doesn't own the most important things about this club. Yes I'm grateful for his money and what it bought but that doesn't mean he can do whatever he wants. Literally he can't and he may well find that out again in the future.

Cech was the missing piece in Arsenal's defence. You're talking about what he meant to us, but what he meant to them is far more pertinent.

Falcao may well have been a Mendes/Mourinho special. Were the rest?

I don't think the board were trying to disprove some notion about Jose - I think they were just inept. We needed to spend to improve the squad and show some ambition, and we didn't.

And yet the supporters still sung his name and backed him, which was something I thought we might have lost as a fanbase. That is perhaps the best thing to come from this, that the fans are showing some loyalty. But what did it get them?

As for Klopp, I like him and I think he was a marvellous presence not just at Dortmund, but in the Bundesliga. It's not however 'straw clutching' to raise pertinent details about his time there.

Ultimately you've got what you want though and maybe we'll be better for it. But I honestly don't think the vast majority of supporters will agree with you, especially at the Bridge against Sunderland.

I think the supporters kept Jose in a job far longer than any other manager. Whether that's to the detriment of the club, only time will tell. The cold hard facts are irrefutable though, the fairytale element is harder to dismiss. We were regressing at an alarming rate under a manager that seemed different as of Jan 15, the thumping by Spuds changed something and from that moment on, things went downhill fast.

Klopp is different IMHO - he lost a lot of players to a rival and that's different to Cech being 'authorised' to move to Arsenal. For Dortmund it's a statement of, we will never be able to compete, so what's the point. For Chelsea, many (until the slump) saw it as a grand gesture towards a loyal and brilliant player, who was deemed surplus to requirements, but didn't want to uproot his family at a critical time in his children's education. Yes, looking back it wasn't ideal, but I still admire the club for this stance - it shows a genuine nature.

It's easy to say I got what I want - but if you look at my history, this was the hardest decision I have ever had to make as a Chelsea fan, heart vs mind. I defended Mourinho to the hilt, numerous times and truly thought he just needed the carthetic moment of winning the league to shrug off the monkey of Real Madrid. I remember saying to everybody on here - just you wait, the real Mourinho (my Mourinho Mk1) will emerge this season and build a dynasty. I genuinely believed we would win back to back trophies and I would experience another night like I did in Munich, but this time with Jose!

That dream, along with the season is in tatters :(

Jose has also conducted himself appallingly this season, it's just been too much watching him unravel.

I love the club, and for the club, I truly think we are better off without the current version of Jose. Every week I hoped he would turn it around, as did all of us, but it just wasn't going to happen.

Yes, our Board and Players share equal blame!

But it's happened and we all need to focus on the future now, not the past and as Jimmy Greaves used to say 'Football, it's a funny old game' - never rule out Mourinho Part 3....

Actually he doesn't have carte blanche because he doesn't own the most important things about this club. Yes I'm grateful for his money and what it bought but that doesn't mean he can do whatever he wants. Literally he can't and he may well find that out again in the future.

Err yes it can mate. He ultimately hires and fires and it's his dough that will finance the new ground.

Err yes it can mate. He ultimately hires and fires and it's his dough that will finance the new ground.

CPO might have something to say about that last bit, but yes he can hire and fire who he wants.

It's easy to say I got what I want - but if you look at my history, this was the hardest decision I have ever had to make as a Chelsea fan, heart vs mind. I defended Mourinho to the hilt, numerous times and truly thought he just needed the carthetic moment of winning the league to shrug off the monkey of Real Madrid. I remember saying to everybody on here - just you wait, the real Mourinho (my Mourinho Mk1) will emerge this season and build a dynasty. I genuinely believed we would win back to back trophies and I would experience another night like I did in Munich, but this time with Jose!

That dream, along with the season is in tatters :(

It's one season out of however many you plan on being a Chelsea supporter. You've got what you want now (and yes it's easy to say since it's true) but what next? What did you want next? Did you want this vacuum where supporters feel a disconnect with the club? Where we chuck a bit of our identity away? Is Steve Holland the plan? Aidy maybe?

I love the club, and for the club, I truly think we are better off without the current version of Jose. Every week I hoped he would turn it around, as did all of us, but it just wasn't going to happen.

Yes, our Board and Players share equal blame!

And I think the same guy who came back, the guy who led us to the league title and has unrivalled success as a manager would have got us going again. Jimmy Greaves probably didn't say 'form is temporary and class is permanent', but he sure as shit believed it and we'll all hold on to the players and maybe even the board regaining form.

Supporting a club when they're winning the league is easy. That's when Facebook is fun and you can put up photos from the parade as your cover.

It's when things go bad that supporting actually gets tricky yet the fans managed it every week. That's the one thing giving me hope for the future because the supporters will be united, but I suspect it may be against the players and the club itself.

It's that whole unwritten rule 'don't bite the hand that feeds you' hey?

We don't have the grounds to really not be a fan of his. He hasn't taken out huge debts against the club nor is he leaving us in any sort of financial risk or ruin. It's a shame that we use that as the current measure of what makes a successful owner and not other mitigating factors.

On the face, it does seem the sacking was Roman's own to bare. Perhaps a bit of structure needs to be brought in now. That ageing board could do with a freshening up perhaps. Wasn't it rumoured Buck was next to be going after Gourlay?

CPO might have something to say about that last bit, but yes he can hire and fire who he wants.

It's one season out of however many you plan on being a Chelsea supporter. You've got what you want now (and yes it's easy to say since it's true) but what next? What did you want next? Did you want this vacuum where supporters feel a disconnect with the club? Where we chuck a bit of our identity away? Is Steve Holland the plan? Aidy maybe?

And I think the same guy who came back, the guy who led us to the league title and has unrivalled success as a manager would have got us going again. Jimmy Greaves probably didn't say 'form is temporary and class is permanent', but he sure as shit believed it and we'll all hold on to the players and maybe even the board regaining form.

Supporting a club when they're winning the league is easy. That's when Facebook is fun and you can put up photos from the parade as your cover.

It's when things go bad that supporting actually gets tricky yet the fans managed it every week. That's the one thing giving me hope for the future because the supporters will be united, but I suspect it may be against the players and the club itself.

Ouch, I have been supporting them since I was born in 1976, I was born in a flat off Kings Road, called Mulberry House, bus-stop outside of it, always wanted to be a bus driver until I got older and realised the pay sucks and you get constant abuse... My old man tried to make me Millwall, but having none of that, that's where he was born, rest of the family are from Hackney, so are Spuds.

I get you hate the situation - I don't think my arguments will persuade you, and I get the distinct impression my arguments just seem to imflame you further :(

I have really enjoyed the debate - let's hope we can one day wave a plastic flag together and put that on Facebook :) :) :)

Ouch, I have been supporting them since I was born in 1976, I was born in a flat off Kings Road, called Mulberry House, bus-stop outside of it, always wanted to be a bus driver until I got older and realised the pay sucks and you get constant abuse... My old man tried to make me Millwall, but having none of that, that's where he was born, rest of the family are from Hackney, so are Spuds.

I get you hate the situation - I don't think my arguments will persuade you, and I get the distinct impression my arguments just seem to imflame you further :(

I have really enjoyed the debate - let's hope we can one day wave a plastic flag together and put that on Facebook :) :) :)

I wasn't questioning your support - we're all Chelsea supporters here and you're clearly Chelsea fan number one unless someone had a blue flag in utero, but I also don't think supporting is something you say you are or click on a website.

It's your actions surely, although I'm certainly not one to judge. I've just been remarkably proud of the support the fans have given him in recent weeks, even though results haven't been great and it's occasionally grating to see views that are different to that, although you are most certainly allowed to have them.

Think it's just the emotion of the day, and maybe one or two wums.

I wasn't questioning your support - we're all Chelsea supporters here and you're clearly Chelsea fan number one unless someone had a blue flag in utero, but I also don't think supporting is something you say you are or click on a website.

It's your actions surely, although I'm certainly not one to judge. I've just been remarkably proud of the support the fans have given him in recent weeks, even though results haven't been great and it's occasionally grating to see views that are different to that, although you are most certainly allowed to have them.

Think it's just the emotion of the day, and maybe one or two wums.

I wouldn't say number 1 - just overreacting a little :)

Easy to go into keyboard warrior mode

Aye, you won't hear me knocking the fans at the match, I don't get to many games now, last was 8-0 vs Villa, flew over and took my younger brother with me. But the support on Monday was impressive - loud and clear, can't ask for more than that!

On the contrary, it's Roman's money and he can pretty damn well do what he pleases wit the club.

He has bent over backwards to accomodate Mourinho's antics and the team's poor results this season.

The fans aren't thinking straight.

16th in the league.

15 points out of 16 games.

Out of 16 games only 4 wins, 3 draws and 9 losses.

1 point above relegation zone.

He needed to go. Quite frankly it was long overdue.

The history Mourinho had here and the support from the fans is what kept in charge for this long.

The match going support could see things on the pitch which are not so evident with watching on the screen. Showing a lack of effort, not trying their best etc is one of them.

Ok...so what if a player didnt like Mourinho or his tactics.....their lack of effort was in effect mugging us as paying supporters off.

We tried our best by singing songs about virtually every player past and present, being loud on away games when oppo fans were taking the piss etc etc and yet these prima donnas were throwing it back in our faces just because their head coach was questioning them.

Forget about tactics, formations and all that bollix that the fifa 16 coaches on here run their gobs off about....this is down to pure effort and the basics need to be sorted before anything else

The fans aren't thinking straight.

16th in the league.

15 points out of 16 games.

Out of 16 games only 4 wins, 3 draws and 9 losses.

1 point above relegation zone.

He needed to go. Quite frankly it was long overdue.

The history Mourinho had here and the support from the fans is what kept in charge for this long.

Tbh, whether it's for the right reasons or not the club did try. They've never been so patient with a manager as they have thus far, it was only going to ever get to a certain extent. It would've been inconceivable that the club would let things get so irreversible and then act, I'm sure we would've all been furious over that more than anyone would be now.

They are guilty of a lot of problems we're currently facing, but their intentions to see out this "stability" thing was there to see. I do feel sorry for Roman that it hasn't worked, like the AVB project, we seem burdened to go through managers like the ghost of Christmas past.

Perhaps, just perhaps, it's worth the club now offering minimum 2-year contracts, with an option to extend based on performances. It seems the only way Roman's going to avoid paying ridiculous compensation fees

Tbh, whether it's for the right reasons or not the club did try. They've never been so patient with a manager as they have thus far, it was only going to ever get to a certain extent. It would've been inconceivable that the club would let things get so irreversible and then act, I'm sure we would've all been furious over that more than anyone would be now.

They are guilty of a lot of problems we're currently facing, but their intentions to see out this "stability" thing was there to see. I do feel sorry for Roman that it hasn't worked, like the AVB project, we seem burdened to go through managers like the ghost of Christmas past.

Perhaps, just perhaps, it's worth the club now offering minimum 2-year contracts, with an option to extend based on performances. It seems the only way Roman's going to avoid paying ridiculous compensation fees

agree but think you mean MAXIMUM 2yr contracts