Roman Abramovich Thread

Give it a rest... All you ever do is bash Jose....

It's a young squad and enforcing a playing style takes time - it's people like you with quick fix mentality that are ruining football..

Go checkout how Sir Alex Fergusons first season went... Yeah thought as much - you can't tell fuck all from a few games....

That's the same bullshit that Benítez fan feed me.

I don't care, you are given a lot of money have an expensive squad and you are required to perform good.

It's not like Chelsea is Everton!

Give it a rest... All you ever do is bash Jose....

It's a young squad and enforcing a playing style takes time - it's people like you with quick fix mentality that are ruining football..

Go checkout how Sir Alex Fergusons first season went... Yeah thought as much - you can't tell fuck all from a few games....

In a way I agree with your point but their isn't even a desire to win from the lads out there. Hazard was fucking useless, as he was against Everton. Our best player is basically 4th choice anywhere in the 3 behind the striker, our best RB is on the bench/out the squad most of the time even though Ivanovic who is better suited to a role at CB, plays there. We've played good for maybe 135 minutes in 7 games.

That's the same bullshit that Benítez fan feed me.

I don't care, you are given a lot of money have an expensive squad and you are required to perform good.

It's not like Chelsea is Everton!

Money DOES NOT EQUAL success... I don't know how else to say it - but it truly doesn't...

We paid the money for the players and we pay their wages - it's up to the club to get the best out of the assets it has procured.

The manager AND the players need to share the blame (if any needs to be levelled?) - a young inexperienced squad being built for the future - exactly what fans demanded - is now not living up to ridiculous expectations - SHOCK / HORROR...

It takes time to build a squad and we potentially have too much depth at the moment and plenty of players out of form - but it will come - patience is what's needed.

Again - I refer you to Utd and what SAF achieved after being 1 game away from the sack...

In a way I agree with your point but their isn't even a desire to win from the lads out there. Hazard was fucking useless, as he was against Everton. Our best player is basically 4th choice anywhere in the 3 behind the striker, our best RB is on the bench/out the squad most of the time even though Ivanovic who is better suited to a role at CB, plays there. We've played good for maybe 135 minutes in 7 games.

Agreed Hazard was poor - but is that Jose's fault? Players like Hazard can be dogshit for 89 minutes then produce 1 minute of brilliance and score a goal... So it's a justified gamble.

The players have potentially had 3 managers in 1 year - that's going to affect people - what we need now is patience and consistency whilst our team finds it's form...

Better to splutter at the start and finish in full steam at the end... The old tortoise and hare fable... Right now we're a tortoise...

In a way I agree with your point but their isn't even a desire to win from the lads out there.

Utter bollocks. I hate this complete bullshit that people spout about sportsmen in any sport not having a 'desire to win'.

You think sportsmen are just given a gift that they don't have to work at? You think its just luck? Like fuck is it. The ones at the top level, the ones at our club, have slogged their guts out and have a will to win and succeed that some people simply won't understand.

So don't say that these men don't have 'a desire to win' because I personally think that's the biggest cop out about sportsmen and sportswomen that is spouted nowadays. Nothing personal, but it's just something I hate seeing anyone suggest in such a casual manner.

Utter bollocks. I hate this complete bullshit that people spout about sportsmen in any sport not having a 'desire to win'.

You think sportsmen are just given a gift that they don't have to work at? You think its just luck? Like fuck is it. The ones at the top level, the ones at our club, have slogged their guts out and have a will to win and succeed that some people simply won't understand.

So don't say that these men don't have 'a desire to win' because I personally think that's the biggest cop out about sportsmen and sportswomen that is spouted nowadays. Nothing personal, but it's just something I hate seeing anyone suggest in such a casual manner.

Agreed that they have all had to work incredibly hard to get where they are, playing at the top level but a lot of these players are world class football players, some of the supposed best in the world. Why do they struggle to beat teams like Brentford for example? When we drew 2-2 with them last season we had Ivanovic, Cole, Lampard, Oscar starting that match. No disrespect to Brentford but these players in particular (not to mention the others in the side on tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of pounds per week) are touted as some of the greatest players in the world. There is a huge gulf in class between these players and League One Brentford. Regardless of Rafa's tactics, the rubbish pitch or whatever, these players should be capable of beating a side 2 leagues below us.

So why did it take us a replay to beat them? Surely if, with such talented players out, we had a greater desire to win than Brentford, we would have won? Brentford battled harder than us though, they wanted it more than us, each and every player for them gave 100%. In my opinion at least, they had a greater desire to win than us. I know that that is not the same as us 'not having a desire to win'. We did have a desire to win that day, like we do every single game. But what is the point of having a desire to win if the opposing team has a greater desire to win than you?

The Brentford situation can be likened to many other less extreme examples. There are lots of mid table sides in the Premier League that have turned us over, home and away in recent years. The top 4 teams in the league tend to have 'world class players' in abundance whereas mid table teams have 'very good players'. There is a gulf in class between Eden Hazard and Adam Johnson for example and this sort of comparison continues through the entire team. We and other top 4 teams have a larger amount of world class players which is why we are more successful. If we have much better players than them, why have we been turned over by the likes of Aston Villa, Sunderland, Newcastle, West Brom for example in the last few years? In games against these sides in recent years we have not just been 'unlucky with them nicking a goal on the counter attack' but actually outplayed. It is because they wanted it more.

Every member of the team has worked amazingly hard to get to playing for Chelsea. They wanted it and have worked for it but when we get outplayed against lesser sides I do question how much they 'want it' in a match. Sometimes it doesn't seem like the same desire that got them there in the first place. I don't think we have ever gone out to play with an attitude where we 'don't care' but there are often occasions where I feel that the opposing team have a greater desire to win than us.

I wonder if and when Roman decides he's had enough at Chelsea. I hope his son decides to buy us with his pocket money !

help a new fan out. is it rumored Roman is interested in selling? would it be for profit or boredom? and do you think his son would run the team the same way? thanks

I wonder if and when Roman decides he's had enough at Chelsea. I hope his son decides to buy us with his pocket money !

It would have happened a long time ago if he was ever going to decide he has "had enough". Novelty doesn't last 10 years.

help a new fan out. is it rumored Roman is interested in selling? would it be for profit or boredom? and do you think his son would run the team the same way? thanks

It would have happened a long time ago if he was ever going to decide he has "had enough". Novelty doesn't last 10 years.

No no no.... there are absolutely no rumors or indications that he might sell Chelsea and Tomo I wasn't implying that he'has had enough', I was merely thinking out aloud and personally can't see him selling in the near or distant future. (I hope)

No no no.... there are absolutely no rumors or indications that he might sell Chelsea and Tomo I wasn't implying that he'has had enough', I was merely thinking out aloud and personally can't see him selling in the near or distant future. (I hope)

Lmao see what you've done? :lol: