Roman Abramovich Thread

Fuck Barcelona. I don't want Chelsea to be like them. I want Chelsea to forge it's own identity and culture. I don't want to be a knock off from some crazy Catalonian club. To be like Barça is to give in and become a shell of a club, Chelsea doesn't need to emulate anything, Chelsea needs to be itself.

Who the fuck talked about emulating Barcelona ? Who the fuck said "We must be like Barcelona"

Maybe its time to use well your fucking brain and stop being naive as fuck.Did I say "Lets copy Barcelona" ? Tell me did I say "Lets play Tiki Taka and shit" ? No, I didnt say that.I love Dortmund's football, even if they finished their matches with 44/46 % of possession, I love to watch Madrid, but no team in the world, dominated the game like Barcelona this past five years, you just cant beat them by playing your way, they oblige every opposition to defend and play counter-attacking football, they find the key to dominate you 90 % of the match, they work hard when they lose the ball, they have extremely talented players everywhere, world-class players, their youth system is working well, they will win against you wherever is your tactic, players, home, away, they are just superior, in everything, and that is reality, since Pep, they dominate football, and you know, aswell as 99% here, that they are unique.I'm not talking about Barcelona as a club with his history & identity, I'm talking purely about the football they give on the pitch.

What I want is to copy Barcelona's style of play, and try to have the mentality of "win by style", I want a far more beautiful football than the one we're playing, I want to see my team dominate, I want them to enjoy their game, I want them to win trophies by playing good, I'm not saying we were playing bad, but since the second season of Ancelotti, we are, on the pitch, playing an ugly football, could you describe our style ? Kick n Rush ?

We have money, we have good players, we have great youth system, we could, with the right manager, and this manager could be José, include some of them, we have everything to develop and rise our game, am I right ? Yes Chelsea is Chelsea, we'll support the team everytime, but I want better football than this one, and since Barcelona's one is the "reference" lets try to play like them, and have that mentality.

Guest FullEnglishBreakfast

Who the fuck talked about emulating Barcelona ? Who the fuck said "We must be like Barcelona"

Maybe its time to use well your fucking brain and stop being naive as fuck.Did I say "Lets copy Barcelona" ? Tell me did I say "Lets play Tiki Taka and shit" ? No, I didnt say that.I love Dortmund's football, even if they finished their matches with 44/46 % of possession, I love to watch Madrid, but no team in the world, dominated the game like Barcelona this past five years, you just cant beat them by playing your way, they oblige every opposition to defend and play counter-attacking football, they find the key to dominate you 90 % of the match, they work hard when they lose the ball, they have extremely talented players everywhere, world-class players, their youth system is working well, they will win against you wherever is your tactic, players, home, away, they are just superior, in everything, and that is reality, since Pep, they dominate football, and you know, aswell as 99% here, that they are unique.I'm not talking about Barcelona as a club with his history & identity, I'm talking purely about the football they give on the pitch.

What I want is to copy Barcelona's style of play, and try to have the mentality of "win by style", I want a far more beautiful football than the one we're playing, I want to see my team dominate, I want them to enjoy their game, I want them to win trophies by playing good, I'm not saying we were playing bad, but since the second season of Ancelotti, we are, on the pitch, playing an ugly football, could you describe our style ? Kick n Rush ?

We have money, we have good players, we have great youth system, we could, with the right manager, and this manager could be José, include some of them, we have everything to develop and rise our game, am I right ? Yes Chelsea is Chelsea, we'll support the team everytime, but I want better football than this one, and since Barcelona's one is the "reference" lets try to play like them, and have that mentality.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck. FUCKING BIG FAT WOMAN'S FUCKING FROTHING GASH. I can swear too see?

Now that is out of the way. When did I say that anybody said that? WHERE? WHEEEEREEE? I didn't aim this post at anyone at all, If you think this was aimed at you mate, I'm sorry to diappoint.

Barca might dominate the football scenes lately but still they are playing boring football.

There is nothing nicer than the way Real plays, as seen last night. Quick passes, attacking forward, bingo it´s in the net. I like it.

Boring football ? Why ?

RIGHT!

3-2, 2-1, 4-4...

When I used to live in Canada, I was watching NFL football. Those who understand the American football happily admit NFL competition as an exciting sport. I agree here. Plenty of points scored between two teams. European football could be a bit boring sometimes. When the score ends up 0:0 not much there to see.

Fuck Barcelona. I don't want Chelsea to be like them. I want Chelsea to forge it's own identity and culture. I don't want to be a knock off from some crazy Catalonian club. To be like Barça is to give in and become a shell of a club, Chelsea doesn't need to emulate anything, Chelsea needs to be itself.

I posted this several times already! :)

His post has no relation with whay I said earlier.I was not talking about identity, I was talking about style of play.

So was I. I was talking about a lot of things in general. I want clubs talking of emulating Chelsea in five years. I want Chelsea to create and develope it's own style, something we can be even more proud of.

I'm not a fan of Barça's style. To me it's the ultimate defensive style. Defence thourgh absolute offence. They control the ball so much the opponets can not attack, they strangle teams to death by not letting them attack. The stats don't say it or anything, but I see the ultimate defensive style at Barcelona. Even if their defence is utter shite.

So was I. I was talking about a lot of things in general. I want clubs talking of emulating Chelsea in five years. I want Chelsea to create and develope it's own style, something we can be even more proud of.

I'm not a fan of Barça's style. To me it's the ultimate defensive style. Defence thourgh absolute offence. They control the ball so much the opponets can not attack, they strangle teams to death by not letting them attack. The stats don't say it or anything, but I see the ultimate defensive style at Barcelona. Even if their defence is utter shite.

That's exaclty what I think, and I think they found the perfect way to win and entertain.It is a kind of domination, through this possession they find solution, through this massive possession they can dictate the tempo, and do whatever they want in 90 Minutes, for me, this is domination at best, it demands a lot of hard work, ideas, talent, world class players, and a very good manager.

That's exaclty what I think, and I think they found the perfect way to win and entertain.It is a kind of domination, through this possession they find solution, through this massive possession they can dictate the tempo, and do whatever they want in 90 Minutes, for me, this is domination at best, it demands a lot of hard work, ideas, talent, world class players, and a very good manager.

Fair enough and you are allowed to like it. And I'm allowed to dislike it. I like fast box to box football. Much like how Real Madrid played against Galatasaray the other night.

What is wrong with emulating Barcelona? They are the most successful club atm and the standard of club football. Attempting to emulate a club does not mean sacrificing your own identify and culture. That is like saying Barcelona is a copycat version of Ajax, because when Cruyff arrived at Barcelona he had the idea of emulating Ajax and their academy. Decades later no one is saying Barca is a knock off version of Ajax.

Even attempting to emulate a club will definitely create a different outcome, because there is too many variables and almost impossible to replicate that situation. It is a good thing to take the positives and goods of successful clubs.

Go beyond football, history has many examples.

What is wrong with emulating Barcelona? They are the most successful club atm and the standard of club football. Attempting to emulate a club does not mean sacrificing your own identify and culture. That is like saying Barcelona is a copycat version of Ajax, because when Cruyff arrived at Barcelona he had the idea of emulating Ajax and their academy. Decades later no one is saying Barca is a knock off version of Ajax.

Even attempting to emulate a club will definitely create a different outcome, because there is too many variables and almost impossible to replicate that situation. It is a good thing to take the positives and goods of successful clubs.

Go beyond football, history has many examples.

There is nothing wrong with it, if it happens, it happens, I'd support it.

People look for things where there is nothing, poking and proding around for things that don't exist. I'VE ALREADY STATED WHAT I WANT, TO SAY IT AGAIN WOULD BE REDUNDANT.

I feel like I'm on a merry go round having to justify and defend my opinions and ideals everytime someone disagrees with them.

I'm sorry if I seem a bit aggressive or snide, I'm just having a shit week. Apologies to everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Which Premier League shareholder is the richest man in the country... (and it's not Chelsea billionaire Roman Abramovich)?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2312407/Rich-List-2013--Whos-richest-Premier-League-personality.html#ixzz2ROBvpGRV
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Actually clubs did that already. When Jose took over he introduced the 4-3-3, which wasn't used in England at that time. Quickly other teams copied that formation, which you can say to this day is an emulation of Chelsea.