Roman Abramovich Thread

So will I...I wasn't advocating buying players with huge fees. I don't know if it's intentional or not but it seems like you are implying that I don't want youth in the team...

I don't really understand where you came from with that, came out of the blue...

I know, we were talking with mister @Santiago. about teams that didnt buy the title, I think Barcelona is the example of the 21st century, yes big wages, yes not all from La Masia, but it is difficult to do better.

That was exactly my point, in modern football every big club are doing the same thing and because of that it's ridiculous to somehow glorify this Barcelona team and make them to to be any more than they are, a side built with a lot of money to compete for silverware. I consider it to be essentially the same thing if Barcelona play with half the team from their academy and the other half bought with record-breaking money and then some other team just use the same amount of money to pay for the whole squad if they don't have any academy products. End result is the same, an expensive team capable of challenging for trophies, and option A is no more respectable than option B in my opinion.

But I guess that's enough off-topic, maybe there's a more suitable thread where this can be discussed further if you still feel the need. ;)

I dont think its fair, I dont think its fair really, Barcelona were in a difficult situation in Rijkaard's last season, its Pep who turned around things, in his first year, he bought who ? I dont even remember, I'm talking of Pep's first year.I think we should overemphasis how hard it is to win the European Cup with that style, and that team, I really think that, I think, if we could do the same - not in terms of playing style- it would be an immense feeling of pride, everybody would be happy if Josh McEachran, Islam Feruz, Chalobah & co are European Champions.

Anyway, its off topic.I love youth, I love to see players from the academy playing for their beloved club, I think we can do much better at CFC.

Did you know that after Guardiola took over in 2008 Barcelona have a net spend of minus 220 million? Considering the homegrown talent they already have, outspending 99% of the clubs is a bit overkill, wouldn't you say? Some cynical person could even go as far as say they bought the titles. As a Chelsea fan we can't really take moral high ground here but it's naive to think Barcelona won the trophies just because of the La Masia graduates they have in their team because many of their core players have been bought for some of the biggest transfer fees ever and all of their players are paid ridiculously high wages. If they couldn't compete in the wage market, most of their supposedly loyal academy products would have fucked off years ago.

Also, they bought Pique from Manchester United, essentially making United the club that made him. Same goes for Cesc Fabregas and Jordi Alba, they may have played for Barcelona when they were kids but they're just as much bought players as most of our players are now and we don't take credt for making them the players they are now. Or would you consider Real Madrid to be a respectable club that raises world class players in their academy and then gives them a fair chance in the first team if they now bought Juan Mata from us for 50m?

Spot on Mate. They really are a distasteful club under those circumstances as well as casting out rejects then buying them back when they emerge on the big stage and spilling out absolute nonsense in how they have Barca DNA and need to come back home. What really grinds my fucking gears is their Catalan arrogance and their Més que en club contradictory bullshit.

Spot on Mate. They really are a distasteful club under those circumstances as well as casting out rejects then buying them back when they emerge on the big stage and spilling out absolute nonsense in how they have Barca DNA and need to come back home. What really grinds my fucking gears is their Catalan arrogance and their Més que en club contradictory bullshit.

Well that is opinion.They made great players though, the Iniesta-Xavi, Busquets, Pedro, Piqué in some sense, Messi, and not only this last decade but they always produced very good talents to be fair.

Who fucking care what those dwarfs of Barca produced ?

Somehow, as far as I am concerned, they are still playing boring football.

I also thought this thread is about Roman, not anymore ?

Not anymore, we're now talking about Barcelona & youth.For you its boring football but 99% here would love to see us play that way and win titles.

Have you read the heading, lately ?

Can you talk in a better way? I know you can do better.Thank you.

Some of the members including me talked very respectfully about others things than Roman Abramovich, we sincerely regret our "off topic".

Can you talk in a better way? I know you can do better.Thank you.

Some of the members including me talked very respectfully about others things than Roman Abramovich, we sincerely regret our "off topic".

Since you " sincerely " regret your off topic, we all would be very pleased to read your view on Chelsea´s Saviour.

Since you " sincerely " regret your off topic, we all would be very pleased to read your view on Chelsea´s Saviour.

If you want to read my illuminated & great views about José, go to the other topic, I dont want to waste time re-writing for you and go off topic again.

If you want to read my illuminated & great views about José, go to the other topic, I dont want to waste time re-writing for you and go off topic again.

I was hoping to read about our fearless leader Roman, I guess not. After all, the heading says so.