Roman Abramovich Thread

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

what i read he could be Just selling a stake in the club the way city did or he could be selling the club  if does sell the club I hope he sells to the right buyer who can push us on the same level as psg or city owners do for them I would hate us to have clueless American owners the like Randy Lerner Or Gillett and Hicks

Even if the rumours are true I'm not concerned. We are Chelsea, one of the biggest clubs in England, no, the World. If he sells we will get in someone who will have the financial backing to help us kick on even further.We need the new stadium, we need to try to keeppace with City, PSG, Real Madrid so maybe, just maybe Roman feels he has brought us as far as he can, or needs to sell a share to keep us competitive.  Keep Calm and KTBFFH.

4 hours ago, the wes said:

what i read he could be Just selling a stake in the club the way city did or he could be selling the club  if does sell the club I hope he sells to the right buyer who can push us on the same level as psg or city owners do for them I would hate us to have clueless American owners the like Randy Lerner Or Gillett and Hicks

I was of the mind the news was bollox but then the club came out with the denial very quick and they never do shit like that.

And with the same bank that sold 13% of shity supposedly in on the deal it does add weight. Like you say its either a bit part or the whole lot.

It shouldn't be hard to find a buyer if so. There was the failed buy of the Dippers by the Saudi chap and Jim  has big pockets. But I doubt very much mate we shall find some guy thats really into football that likes a pie and a pint before the game that wants us. But as long as its not some West End shop keeper putting daft statues up and coming to the ground in those ridiculous 2 team scarves I dont really care. As long as they want their investment to grow its in our both best interest.

Its fuckin comments the media tag on like this that winds me up. Chelsea need to rebuild the team under new manager Maurizio Sarri after having allowed talents such as Mo Salah, Kevin de Bruyne and Romelu Lukaku to leave the club in recent years.

6 hours ago, kiwi1691 said:

Fake News

While I am sure that is what he is told, there is very little reason for Chelsea insiders not to lie about this and deny everything, if it was true. There is huge implications on a potential sale, that they need to shut down rumors of it until it's official. Business editors at The Sunday Times and Jonathan Norcroft are pretty good sources, and to be honest it would make sense, even if Roman loves the club, that he wouldn't want to own such a huge English football club if the country is going to keep treating him like it is.

Apparently hes going to carry on with the rebuild!!

FFS make yer minds up. He cant be selling the place and rebuild us. Unless of course hes just a really nice chap wanting to do us a favor and that wouldnt keep his money long!

Sources pointed out that the Sunday Times has claimed that Abramovich rejected an offer for a minority stake from an American private equity firm called Silver Lake Partners.

11 hours ago, calculatingInfinity said:

While I am sure that is what he is told, there is very little reason for Chelsea insiders not to lie about this and deny everything, if it was true. There is huge implications on a potential sale, that they need to shut down rumors of it until it's official. Business editors at The Sunday Times and Jonathan Norcroft are pretty good sources, and to be honest it would make sense, even if Roman loves the club, that he wouldn't want to own such a huge English football club if the country is going to keep treating him like it is.

Also this from the Financial Times.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

This is the reason why most people should be careful what they wish for. Abramovich is the closest owner to a football fan we will ever have. His never shy to admit his wrong and always willing to invest in his club. Outside of Sheikh Mansour and PSG (funded by a whole country) no one else comes remotely close to Roman in terms of spending money on his team. 

Britain's richest man Jim Ratcliffe refuses to comment on Chelsea bid as he hints he might make offer for another club 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6121303/Britains-richest-man-Jim-Ratcliffe-hints-make-offer-football-club.html

28 minutes ago, the wes said:

Britain's richest man Jim Ratcliffe refuses to comment on Chelsea bid as he hints he might make offer for another club 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6121303/Britains-richest-man-Jim-Ratcliffe-hints-make-offer-football-club.html

LOL Doesmt really have any news in it eh!

5b8a7b309dec0_Jimshirt2.thumb.png.d5426caafa851dfb8a3a58b8e2feff07.png