A transfer market review.

I don't think Hutchinson can make it at RB, I mean just look at him, he looks like a younger Terry and Terry was never a RB.

Going players:

Drogba,Kalou,Meireles,Essien,Malouda,Bosingwa,Ferreira - I really don't know how much are we going to get for these lads probably not much given most of them are just running out of contracts, but something like 30mil~ mby ?

Players in:

1.HULK-30-35mil.

2.Hazard-35mil.

3.Modric- 30mil.~

4.Marin-8 mil.~

So +30m~ for going players and -100m~ for coming players.Overall of -70mil. For these lads i think its worth it.

Squad :

Defense: Ivanovic,Terry,Cahill,Luiz,Ash,Ryan,Hutchinson (and mby another RB).

MID: Pivot starters Modirc-Mikel (subs for them - Lampard,Josh,Romeu) in 4-3-3 Ramires can be added aswell as a starter.

Wingers:Hazard,Hulk (subs for them - Marin,Ramires)

CAM:Mata (subs KDB, Kakuta(I think he is misplaced at wings and this is his best position))

Strikers: Torres (subs Sturridge,Lukaku)

Pros:

1.Younger squad, replacing the vets.

2.Less wages.

3.More entertaining football.

4.Top 4 easy.

Cons:

1.Drogba- well obviously this guy is HUGE player and big lose for ChelseaFC.

2.The new players will need more time together.

3.We may not win any cup in the first season.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't want us to buy some big star RB, seeing Todd Kane. The lad got some potential. At the same time, with our youth system.. I doubt we could get 30mil. for the going players. I also don't think Ramires should be a substitute. He has everything we need on fast counter attacks. We should rotate them. We'll see what happens, but I also want 1 - 2 classy signings so that we could kick-start everything again.

Its very complicated in 4-2-3-1 I think with better wingers Ramires will lose his place.In 4-3-3 Ramires can play at his best position in midfield but with wingers like Hazard, Hulk.Mata will be useless at wings.

How about Davide Santon for the RB, looks miles ahead of Bosingwa already(not hating on the Boss) at the age of 21.

He can't defend, he has been really lucky in the past to of escaped cricism, lots of players have gotten past him but failed to score.

Seems to me we need a full back, cm and a winger. Sure the signing of Marin and KDB provide us with additional width, but I'm not sure they are ready for the first team. And with a loos subtle 4-2-3-1 formation we could do with the additional AM/Winger in the squad.

Why the push for a new striker? We have Torres, Lukaka and Sturridge for the 1 vacant spot up front. If we sign an additional one Torres walks, he won't stay for a second year of sub appearances. Give him his chance, we need to show some faith in our existing squad.

Santon was decent for a while but he got skinned alive one match and cost Inter Milan the 3 points. Mou ripped into him after the match and Santon has never been the same. It doesn't help that most of his match experience is at LB.

Seems to me we need a full back, cm and a winger. Sure the signing of Marin and KDB provide us with additional width, but I'm not sure they are ready for the first team. And with a loos subtle 4-2-3-1 formation we could do with the additional AM/Winger in the squad.

Why the push for a new striker? We have Torres, Lukaka and Sturridge for the 1 vacant spot up front. If we sign an additional one Torres walks, he won't stay for a second year of sub appearances. Give him his chance, we need to show some faith in our existing squad.

spot on.

*Disclaimer* I have only been following football since january (i got fifa for christmas) but ive been watching Chelsea and this is what i would do if i was a coach assuming if we were in a 4-3-2-1

Striker: Torres, Sturridge, Lakaku. They all look pretty solid, and Sturridge scored several goals from the wing, just imagine if he was closer to goal. IF you had to buy somone, send lakuku on loan and buy a cheaper, tall, Striker like Ba, or Luuk De Jong.

Winger/AM: This is where i would spend all my money. The only player that I feel comfortable with starting is Mata. We have to invest in 2 first team options. Hazard/Hulk/Moura/Munian would all be great choices. i would also bring KDB and Kakuta to the first team to start rotating them in. I would rotate Hazard/Marin on LW, Hulk/Kakuta on RW, and Mata/KDB in AM. if Kakuta inst cutting it, you can use Ramires

Double Pivot:I do not understand why David Luiz isnt our first option at defensive midfield. I think he would not only be the best in the league but in the world. could contribute equally to defense then the attack. he would rotate with Mikel and Romeu. The other spot should be reserved for a deeplying playmaker. this is also where i would spend money. Somone who can set up torres to beat the defenders from the midfield (he needs a Xabi Alonso) Modric would be first choice, but Montinho, and Sahin look like good options as well. i would rotate Modric/lampard/KDB. Ramires could cover at the pivot if needed.

LB: Cole and Bertrand rotating.

CB:Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, and Hutchison rotating. If we get slammed with injuries at this position Luiz could cover.

RB:Sign Danny Simpson on a free transfer and you buy

Cesar Azpilicueta. if you cant get him VDW. have Az/Danny rotate and if your desperate Cahil or Hutchison can cover.

GK:

Cech should is our first choice. definitely one of the best players on the roster. Keep loaning Curtois until he is ready to threaten Cech for the number one spot. Ross Turnball sucks. was terrib,e against blackburn and has over a million views on youtube for a mistake that cost a goal. maybe we should invest in veteran 2nd Choice GK? make Turnball third? i do not know.

And the man that makes the squad work and will give it depth will be ramires. if he isnt starting everygame he has to atleast be subbed on. he can make an immediate impact from the bench, all while providing cover for the RW,CM, and RB positions. will be very important to chelsea for years to come

IN:

Hazard

Hulk

Modric

Azpilicueta

Simpson

Out:

Moulouda

Ferreria

Drogba

Kalou

Bosingwa

Meireles

Essien

Double Pivot:I do not understand why David Luiz isnt our first option at defensive midfield. I think he would not only be the best in the league but in the world. could contribute equally to defense then the attack. he would rotate with Mikel and Romeu. The other spot should be reserved for a deeplying playmaker. this is also where i would spend money. Somone who can set up torres to beat the defenders from the midfield (he needs a Xabi Alonso) Modric would be first choice, but Montinho, and Sahin look like good options as well. i would rotate Modric/lampard/KDB. Ramires could cover at the pivot if needed.

CB:Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, and Hutchison rotating. If we get slammed with injuries at this position Luiz could cover.

RB:Sign Danny Simpson on a free transfer and you buy

Cesar Azpilicueta. if you cant get him VDW. have Az/Danny rotate and if your desperate Cahil or Hutchison can cover.

These are just wrong.

David Luiz is nowhere near disciplined enough to play DM and imo he's a great CB so why try fixing something that ain't broken? At right-back why get some second rate footballer like Danny Simpson to be first choice when we already have Ivanovic to play there and he's one of the best right-backs in the league? Of course we need a backup for him but would be very stupid to get two new right-backs as you suggested with Simpson / Azpilicueta.

yes i would be spending 100m pounds but with sells and the CL money it should be alright. i mean Chelsea spent 90m last summer with no CL money

What do you mean we didn't have CL money last year? We got almost as much as this year even though we were knocked out in the QFs. To get all of those players you mentioned it would cost a hell of a lot more than that 100 mil and there's absolutely no way we can sign all of Hazard, Hulk and Modric in just one transfer window. Maybe one of those if we are lucky and then some cheaper alternatives for the others.

For me what we need to bring in are 2 more wingers, a CM and backup RB

RB: These names are pretty obvious, such as Azpilicueta etc so no need to go into too much detail, but we should look to spend no more than 15m on one.

CM: We need a CM around the 26/27 age bracket as then it won't necessarily slow down the development of de Bruyne and Mceachran in that role, and can also rotate with Lampard. I know we always talk about him, but this is why i see Modric is ideal. He wants to come here, desperate to win trophies and will provide us with so much more spark. Playing next to Mikel, he could do all the dirty work and then give the ball to modric who starts attacks. Modric can also rotate with Lamps in this role

Wingers: I think we need two wingers imo. I'm gonna say the ones that i personally really want are Hulk and one of Hazard/Kagawa/Jovetic. We need Hulk because as well as being a deadly winger, he'll still keep that physicality in the side that we've had over the years and i'm sure the majority of full backs will shit themselves with him. Another reason is because a player like Hulk can act as 3rd/4th choice striker and this will give less risk in having fernando as our main man because if he doesn't gain form, we could always just play Hulk there rather than buying Hulk and another top class striker. The other winger should be one of those type i mentioned above because as well as playing in the first team, they can also all play central too and so can rotate with Mata if he's tired while we bring in say Marin to deputise from the bench. They also add a fuckload of creativity

Team:

Cech

Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole

Modric Mikel

Hulk Mata Kagawa

Torres

Then we'll also have Marin, Rami, Bertrand, Cahill, Lamps, Sturridge, Romeu, azpilicueta etc all getting games as we have a massive season being involved in 7 trophies.

Out:

Drogba

Kalou

Bosingwa

Malouda

Essien

Ferreira

Meireles (Possibly)

These are just wrong.

David Luiz is nowhere near disciplined enough to play DM and imo he's a great CB so why try fixing something that ain't broken? At right-back why get some second rate footballer like Danny Simpson to be first choice when we already have Ivanovic to play there and he's one of the best right-backs in the league? Of course we need a backup for him but would be very stupid to get two new right-backs as you suggested with Simpson / Azpilicueta.

What do you mean we didn't have CL money last year? We got almost as much as this year even though we were knocked out in the QFs. To get all of those players you mentioned it would cost a hell of a lot more than that 100 mil and there's absolutely no way we can sign all of Hazard, Hulk and Modric in just one transfer window. Maybe one of those if we are lucky and then some cheaper alternatives for the others.

Doesnt it take more discipline to be a CB than a DM? i just hate to see all that attacking talent wasted sitting in the back. And obviously if you win the CL you will get more money than not winning it.................

Doesnt it take more discipline to be a CB than a DM? i just hate to see all that attacking talent wasted sitting in the back. And obviously if you win the CL you will get more money than not winning it.................

Nah, I would say playing DM requires more discipline than CB because a defensive midfielder is always needed to be in a good position to receive a pass in order for the team to keep possession of the ball and every time a centre back goes forward the DM has to stay back and cover for him. If for example Luiz was playing at the anchor role and he decides to go on one of his forward runs with one of the centre backs in the opposition half as well then who covers the huge gap in defense? We all know Luiz couldn't always resist the urge of going forward and countless of times in every match we would end up in a situation described above and every time it would present the opposition with a goal-scoring chance. And if Luiz wasn't allowed to go forward then what's the point of playing him at DM? At centre mid he would be allowed to occasionally leave his position without it costing goals almost every time but the difference between playing CB and CM is too much and there's no point making Luiz all confused by attempting to play him in a role he has never played before. And like I said, why should we even try to change Luiz's position when he is playing well enough at CB and we already have Mikel and Romeu for DM?

Regarding the Champions League money, you are right by saying we received more money this year than last year but it's partly because the other English clubs dropped out early on and their share from the English sides' TV revenue is not as big as ours. A couple of more millions in prize money too compared to last year but it's not as big a difference as you might think.

somebody going to crazy me ..

Ramires should be a first on team :) than other come. ....

how u can say he will be a sub ... what a fans >......

do u thing Modric is a better than him .. and playing at spurs :)

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You