Drogba won the ECL not Di Matteo

Dont understand the anger, all i am saying is that Drogba was more influential than RDM and that Chelsea still need a strong manager to do better than they did in the league next season and that I dont think Di Matteo is that manager

you could have posted your opinion in the relevant thread either Drogbas or RDM's

To start a new thread it needed much more class than it had.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An thread that wil turn from arguements to personal arguements to a lock.

Fact is, it was a team effort that got the club into the final - and a team effort to win the final. Mata assisted Drogba, Torres won the corner. Cole throw himself into every challenge, Roberto chose the team. We came as a team, and that should be what it was a perfect team effort, that was highlighted from an important goal to a long and legendary servant to the club.

Honestly, not trying to cause an argument, expressing my thoughts but yes promoting the site but only go and read it if you feel the same way. If you don't I then please don't go to the site and get angry. TalkSport do this and that is why I dont listen to the, they create stories that aren't true to provoke people to phone in. The title isn't misleading, I believe that if Chelsea are going to progress in the league then they need a stronger manager. I did say in the post that RDM has motivated the players where AVB obviously had demotivated them "Some of those qualities can be installed in the players or in some cases re-installed and looking from the outside in it looks as if Di Matteo has done just that"

Yes football is a team effort, but from watching the game, to me, Drogba was the game chnager.

you could have posted your opinion in the relevant thread either Drogbas or RDM's

To start a new thread it needed much more class than it had.

I#ll put my hands up to not knowing the way about things, any future posts will be put in relevant threads as mentioned

Honestly, not trying to cause an argument, expressing my thoughts but yes promoting the site but only go and read it if you feel the same way. If you don't I then please don't go to the site and get angry. TalkSport do this and that is why I dont listen to the, they create stories that aren't true to provoke people to phone in. The title isn't misleading, I believe that if Chelsea are going to progress in the league then they need a stronger manager. I did say in the post that RDM has motivated the players where AVB obviously had demotivated them "Some of those qualities can be installed in the players or in some cases re-installed and looking from the outside in it looks as if Di Matteo has done just that"

Yes football is a team effort, but from watching the game, to me, Drogba was the game chnager.

He scored the equaliser, of course he was the fucking game changer! That doesn't mean his single handely won us the Champions League.

He scored the equaliser, of course he was the fucking game changer! That doesn't mean his single handely won us the Champions League.

Of course it does, don't you remember Drogba scoring in the final moments of the Barca away game, or when Drogba scored the 4th goal vs Napoli to win it for us?

Come on, Shane.

:Goober:

TBF Drogba entered a superhuman performance against Valencia when we desperately needed it. Drogba entered a powerhouse performance against Napoli in the second leg when we desperately needed it. Drogba entered a stunning performance against Barcelona in the first leg when we desperately needed it. Drogba entered a cracking performance in the second leg against Barcelona when we desperately needed it. Drogba entered a heroic display against Bayern Munich when we desperately needed it. In the big games, Drogba has stepped up to the mark. Undoubtedly he has been Chelsea's main man on the pitch in this run to the Champions League. That being said of course every player played a part, Cech, Ivanovic, Terry, Luiz, Cahill, Cole, Mikel, Lampard, Mata, Ramires and Kalou all entered excellent displays at various stages and should be given huge amounts of credit. So too should Di Matteo, to go from where we were in the first leg against Napoli under AVB to where Di Matteo brought us is miraculous and he deserves every bit of praise that comes his way.

How the fuck would you know? Your thread title is wrong btw, Drogba AND Di Mateo both one the Champions League, along with the rest of our squad. Your clearly here trying to promote your site by causing an argument.

di mateo? who the fucking hell is di mateo?

Bayern Munich team:

• 01 Neuer
  • 17 Boateng
  • 21 Lahm
  • 26 Contento
  • 07 Ribery (Olic - 97' )
  • 31 Schweinsteiger oke
  • 39 Kroos
  • 44 Tymoschuk
  • 10 Robben
  • 25 Mueller (Van Buyten - 86' )
  • 33 Gomez

Chelsea Team:

11. Drogba

What a player!

Ashley Cole won us the CL with that goal line clearance against Napoli .

Torres won us the CL by assisting Kalou against Benfica away, and Barca ofcourse and creating the corner against Bayern.

Cech won us the CL by saving Robben penalty, and every save through the year.

Ramires won us the CL by scoring that stunning goal vs Barca and assisting Drogba vs barca.

Lampard won us the CL by assisting 2 goal out of 3 vs Barca

Mata won us the CL through a great cross to drogba

Drogba won us the CL by scoring that goal.

Di Matteo won us the CL by sitting behind closed doors and analysing our best approach and training all these players to do a job.

If your statement is taken seriously, then

Robben won us the CL by missing that Pen

Messi won us the CL by missing his Pen

It is a culmination of everything.

Have you read this article? it shows that di matteo not only took care of our on field tactics but also made sure everyone was emotionally ready for the final. i think it was a really amazing touch by him, that reminded players there is a lot more to love in life, and not to go on the pitch with memories of the past and pressure and nervousness that could have been disastrous for us.

Thats great management.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4328537/Chelseas-secret-video-ahead-of-Champions-League-final-win.html

:cry: .....

What needs to be done is for the club to ask him to put forward his vision and proposal for the future and how will he do it.

He knows how to steady a ship and keep players interested and motivated, as long as he has the correct ideas and plan for the future, he should get the job.

:readthemessage: SIGN HIM UP. He is already a legend, he is blue at heart, and will give his all for 'his' club.

And Yes, while everyone has their opinion, your view was quite subtractive, rather than analytical.

Okay, so if Sturridge or Torres has played instead of Drogba, the same result would have happened?

Dont be hypothetical. We would have played a different game altogether, and any amount of results could have happened.

The fact is that Di Matteo chose Drogba, and the formation, and Bertrand as well as everyone else.

I can imagine if we lost, you would have said Bertrand lost us the game and Robbie was wrong to chose him. The fact is that he had to make bold decisions over this CL campaign and he came out with flying colours.