Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

@ robdog: Nope, not yet as that is the latest Blues News Headlines posted by the club just awhile ago. And signs are looking good with Cahill & Luiz. Hopefully, Malouda can make it too.

well that is a load of of me mind ;) So who you think on the reserves that will get promoted? I know this is a long shot, but can Josh be brought on? He was on the roster in the group stage.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm, no. RDM has said he would put youngsters on the bench IF the worst case scenario happens. A weak bench but it will be a full bench.

Even with our registered youngsters (Romeu and Bertrand) we only have 18 players illegible for the match. We can't add random youngsters to the bench, they have to have been included in our CL squad.

Even with our registered youngsters (Romeu and Bertrand) we only have 18 players illegible for the match. We can't add random youngsters to the bench, they have to have been included in our CL squad.

18.16 Each club is entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B

during the season. The list must be submitted by no later than 24.00 CET on

the day before the match in question.

18.17 A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1990

and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted

period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with

UEFA. Players aged 16 may be registered on List B if they have been

registered with the participating club for the previous two years without

interruption.

We can include youth players!

well that is a load of of me mind ;) So who you think on the reserves that will get promoted? I know this is a long shot, but can Josh be brought on? He was on the roster in the group stage.

Neil Barnet did say that there are only 18 A-registered players available(including Malouda) and that means it will just nice for the starting XI and bench on Saturday. IF somebody misses it(touch wood), then RDM will just put the youngsters from the B-List into the matchday squad. And no. Josh is not registered and can't see him making it either.

WHS has already posted the rules and some of the younger lads are already registered in the B-List.

I didn't know that! But still I'm not sure many of our youngsters satisfy this condition: "play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years"

http://www.uefa.com/printoutfiles/competitions/ucl/2012/E/E_2007692_pk.pdf

Scroll down to Page 12 and see our full CL squad list.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7759154/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Cahill has said he will make it.

"I'm just happy that it's healed quickly.

"We've worked really hard, all day, afternoons, and I'm fortunate enough to be back.

"Hopefully, I'll be fit, I will be fit, and hopefully I'll be out there if selected."

"It was my first full session with the boys today after my injury, so it was nice to get back out there and get running around and kicking a ball about.

"There's some work to be done in two or three days now leading up to the game for me to get back into it. If I need to do a little bit of other training, I'll do that.

"But, touch wood, there's no reaction from today and I felt fine out there."

Cahill, who joined Chelsea from Bolton in January, admitted Saturday's game would be the biggest of his life.

"I think it's the biggest game for probably many of the boys," he added. "We're under no illusions how big the game is.

"It's going to be a good night and, hopefully, it goes to plan."