Yaya Toure

Monster in an attacking/goal scoring sense. Vintage Yaya for that second goal.

Play him in an advanced position with a proper DM behind him (Matic) and he'll still score you 20 goals in the PL from midfield. Which is precisely why City would never sell him to us.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He would look like a typical Mourinho signing if it happens. Old, experienced, weird move, looks like he is past it, but in the end he would probably end as one of key players of next season.

Hardly doubt about this move, but it would be interesting option. While he is lazy, Im sure Mou would know how to get the best of Yaya.

Signing Toure will hamper RLC chances of playing big time.

In what way? Signing a CM in his early 20's like Pogba or Koke might because they'd be starting every single match and would be here for 10 years potentially. Signing a 32 year old Yaya for a couple of years wouldn't be bad.

He's 32, far too lazy and just lumbers around the pitch. I will never forget the Liverpool game this season when he looked lost, no defensive side to his game at all.

But that was mainly due to the fact they insist on playing him in a 2-man midfield and they were overrun in there.

But over here with us, with a solid defensive base, he can still be a beast imo.

Wouldn't be against it for the right fee and contract

Toure is a greedy mofo. His agent is constantly canvasing interest and leaking things to the media so Toure can get a longer deal with higher pay.

Dont get me wrong his a great player but his on the decline. Not the same player as 2 or 3 years ago. Pass on him..

Yaya Toure also can be a great signing for two reasons.

Toure we would have solved the problem with long distance shots. This has been one of our major problems throughout the season, especially in games with small spaces and away from The Bridge.

Yaya Toure could be a perfect player to make a slow transition between him and Ruben Loftus-Cheek. RLC is only 19 years and in two years he may become a great player TOP. But for that we need to go step by step without overwhelm him and he will slowly adapting to play in a team like Chelsea. With Yaya Toure on our team RLC would not be so anxious about being a star faster, neither would see his future hampered by another signing of a young player for the midfield. In addition, it has no better teacher in the world for the position box to box than Yaya Toure.

I think it can be a very interesting option.

Yaya Toure Matic

Fabregas

Willian Hazard

Griezmann?

Diego Costa

Regards.

Why would City even consider selling him to us? Yes Yaya can push for transfer if he wants, but we would still have to overpay to city for him. If Inter rumoured fee was around 10m, City would demand at least 15m pounds for us. That is alot for 32 years old with giant wages.

But I have to admit, he would be exactly the signing Mou would make.

I fucking hate Yaya Toure, esp in an opponent's team. He is an arrogant cunt with no attitude. But I'd absolutely love him here. He would give us depth, experience, leadership, goal threat from midfield, prowess vs a parked bus - all things we have lacked this season.On a short term contract, he would be here just as long as RLC or whoever will have found his place in our midfield. I am sure Jose will be able to handle him and if not, just give Yaya the boot.

A midfield of Yaya-Matic-Fabregas would be immense for big matches as well as for small. Now imagine RLC-Matic-Yaya. The height, power, pace and athleticism of that midfield gives be goosebumps. Sing him up. On a different note, City would not allow him join us.

Yaya Toure is the typical player that if he is in the rival team you hate him madly, but if he's on your team you love him madly. :) :) :)

For me is the typical signing tailor made for Jose. And maybe just to get Yaya Jose recover his best level. For a player like Yaya Toure having 32 years it is to be still young.

In addition, I think that he is not finished. Just this season has experienced a difficult year, a little bump, but with 32 years and being a gifted physically, he can play up to 36 years in TOP level without problems. With Jose discipline for physical training he fully recover, and the ability of Jose to motivate his players he would again feel like a leader in the grass.

Every minute that passes this signing convinces me more. The market is totally crazy about the amounts of money, and any major signing will seem an expensive fight.

If Koke (it is true that his second part of the season has been much lower than I expected), Pogba (Real Madrid or Barcelona will do anything crazy to try to sign him), Thiago Alcantara (he sadly will stay with Pep), Verratti (or he stays at PSG or go to Real Madrid because Ancelotti wants him) are impossible... Yaya Toure appears as a great option. (by the way, this paragraph has a lot of football fiction).

Gundogan is also a cheaper option and maybe not going to make a big economic fight with any other big club. Cheaper and faster options.

By the way, for years I see Yaya Toure and I always think that Yaya with Mourinho would be a perfect combination....

Regards.

If he comes here he would be a huge success. He's been lazy at City this year because hes not pushed enough, not working under as demanding a coach as Jose or in a team where the quality is really high in his position. If hes not on song we can use Ramires in a 3 or play a 10 and drop him completely. Its not like at City where hes the top dog in MF, Fernandinho and Fernando can't touch him but Cesc and Matic are just as good, if not better. He is an all round footballer though, can play more advanced or play deeper as a 6 as well and like we've seen scores 10 goals plus a season from midfield.

Imagine....

Courtois

Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Azpi

Toure - Matic - Cesc

Willian - Costa - Hazard

That team would win the league again next year.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You