Yaya Toure

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rant:

Arrogant, lazy, old. But a good player.

Nevertheless, his attitude stinks. In those two post-season friendlies in America, RLC dominated him in both games. I am in no way saying Ruben is anywhere near the player Toure was/is, but he has shown in his little cameos that he doesn't look out of place in this team. He is a hard-working, tenacious Mourinho-type player and I see no reason for him to come into the team and deny RLC his chance.

:rant:

Arrogant, lazy, old. But a good player.

Nevertheless, his attitude stinks. In those two post-season friendlies in America, RLC dominated him in both games. I am in no way saying Ruben is anywhere near the player Toure was/is, but he has shown in his little cameos that he doesn't look out of place in this team. He is a hard-working, tenacious Mourinho-type player and I see no reason for him to come into the team and deny RLC his chance.

If we sign him it will probably be because we sell Mikel or Ramires, and it would make sense bringing in someone like Toure as he would only be here for a year or 2, during that time RLC will still be developing and be able to learn from playing and training with Toure, so after a year or 2 when Toure leaves RLC will be more then ready to step straight in and be a key player for us.

Im probably Yaya's biggest critic here but you could see some logic in getting him. (Although im 80% sure the Express report is nothing to care about).

It seems like it will be hard to get a top CM this summer, Pogba, Koke, all others, it looks like we're not getting them (and the club already knows the situation with every player, if its possible or not, fans are just guessing right now).

Yaya, when he wants to play fully seriously, is still one of the best players in PL as an attacker. Not in a Double Pivot, but as the 3rd midfilder i think with the right attitude he can help any club. If Jose thinks he can get him to be hungry again, maybe for CL glory, and while we might cant get any top CM to partner Cesc and Matic, i can see why we could want him. Like a stop-gap option, while we still have Willian and Oscar off course.

Im probably Yaya's biggest critic here but you could see some logic in getting him. (Although im 80% sure the Express report is nothing to care about).

It seems like it will be hard to get a top CM this summer, Pogba, Koke, all others, it looks like we're not getting them (and the club already knows the situation with every player, if its possible or not).

Yaya, when he wants to play fully seriously, is still one of the best players in PL as an attacker. Not in a Double Pivot, but as the 3rd midfilder i think with the right attitude he can help any club. If Jose thinks he can get him to be hungry again, maybe for CL glory, and while we might cant get any top CM to partner Cesc and Matic, i can see why we could want him. Like a stop-gap option, while we still have Willian and Oscar off course.

Agree; were not getting pogba nor koke this window and we need some depth in cm. Toure can offer 1-2 more good years and at his age he needs to be rotated alot which we can do and we can slowly intergrate rlc into team.

Even if it's true that we wanted him (which I highly doubt) there's no chance they'd sell him to us. Even if they were desperate to get rid of him and he was desperate to leave they wouldn't strengthen us like that.

Even if it were just for a single season we'd probably be unstoppable with a motivated Yaya. City wouldn't allow him to join us.

Even if it's true that we wanted him (which I highly doubt) there's no chance they'd sell him to us. Even if they were desperate to get rid of him and he was desperate to leave they wouldn't strengthen us like that.

Even if it were just for a single season we'd probably be unstoppable with a motivated Yaya. City wouldn't allow him to join us.

I think Yaya might have enough power on city to decide where he'll play. But you also might be right yourself.

I think Yaya might have enough power on city to decide where he'll play. But you also might be right yourself.

Maybe.

Yaya, motivated by a fresh move and under a manager who actually has a clue, would be top class. They'd practically be handing us next season's title.

Yaya Toure can be an interesting option.

I remember when Jose won Champions League with Inter and he did surrounded by veteran players highly experienced but with the ambition to make it big.

Yaya won the Champions League with Barcelona but he was not a star in Barcelona. So he went to City to win Champions being Star City. But he has not achieved and the trajectory of City in Champions has been a failure.

The big problem Toure is a strong personality. Winner sometimes. Problematic at other times. But his personality is perfect to be directed by Jose. Even Jose Yaya Toure may cause regain its true level again.

About your age, I think that despite having 32, Yaya Toure is the typical player who can have a TOP level to 36 years. He is not normal player, Toure is an extremely gifted physically. Someone far from normal. This guy may be playing four more years at TOP level. If he gets focus his mind and focus his ambition to lead a team to glory again Yaya can be a perfect player.

Obviously I prefer Koke, Pogba, Verratti or Gundogan. But if the market goes crazy maybe Yaya can be a good option.

By the way I remember reading Yaya saying he wanted to be coached by Jose Mourinho.

Regards.

Yaya and Matic in midfield would be incredible. If we can't land our main CM targets Yaya would be an excellent option for like a season or two. Ballack-esque signing.

Indeed. Wouldn't stunt RLC's growth either like someone like Pogba would. Yaya wouldn't be a 50-60 match player.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You