Nathan Aké

James

He might have I'm not suggesting he defiantly would not have but now he's established as the best left back in the league, there's no need to tinker with it now.

Maybe not now but 1-2 years down the road, especially when Terry calls it a day and retires/leaves the club.

He has been a lot better at left back than he was at right back, at RB he got the run around a couple of times (CWC semi and Jarvis) at LB he's almost unplayable from a defensive POF.

He's as good a defensive LB as we can get, hes not Marcelo going forward (not as bad as made out tho), but how many of the current best wingers in the world would still be considered one of the best if we put their defensive abilities into serious consideration?

One rule for fullbacks, another for wingers.

It all depends on what we're looking for. I'm more than happy to have our defence sit back and do their job, but only when the front four does theirs. The rules for both are quite straight forward, but having Willian and Iva/Dave on the same side does nothing for the team going forward.

That's my problem in the first place. Add to the fact that we need to promote youth when needs be (sell Filipe and replace him with Ake). I just hope Mou finds balance this season, as we can't be reliant on three players going forward (especially Hazard).

He might have I'm not suggesting he defiantly would not have but now he's established as the best left back in the league, there's no need to tinker with it now.

Why not? Lahm is a great example of a player that keeps up his consistency no matter what side he's played at. He'd play season at LB, some at RB. Azpi is of a similar ilk IMO.

Why not? Lahm is a great example of a player that keeps up his consistency no matter what side he's played at. He'd play season at LB, some at RB. Azpi is of a similar ilk IMO.

Lahm is one of the greatest players of this generation...

• 2 weeks later...

Aké has played today the entire 90 minutes against MK Dons (MK Dons 1-2 Chelsea U-21) and, according to the report of our official website, he has played as a left-back, and he even scored a goal.

under-21-report--mk-dons-1-2-chelsea.img

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/08/under-21-report--mk-dons-1-2-chelsea.html

Chelsea: Mitchell Beeney (Jamie Butler 63); Fankaty Dabo, Alex Davey (Fikayo Tomori 79), Jake Clarke-Salter (Jay Dasilva 71), Nathan Ake; Oriol Romeu ©, Nathaniel Chalobah (Kasey Palmer 75); Jeremie Boga (Charly Musonda 71), John Swift, Lucas Piazon (Kevin Wright 79); Islam Feruz (Tammy Abraham h/t)

Scorers: Ake 36; Abraham 55

I wish that Aké can be on loan into a Premier League team next season and he could return in 2016 to be in our starting eleven (as left-back or as midfielder).

Good luck dude!

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...

New 5 year deal and loan to Watford: http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/08/new-deal-for-ake.html?

That's all of him, Bamford and MVG playing in the EPL this season. Kind of gives an idea who the club has the highest hopes for.

now i just cant understand why exactly he would do that.

jose will never give him a chance in midfield.

we have a 25 year old azpi along with a 21 year old baba as our LBs.

we have a 21 year old zouma, looking to buy a 21 year old stones for th future.

i mean why the fuck would u relegate urself to years of loan deals, no stability. a different team every year, different players with whom you have to develop a rapport and a chemistry in a short span.

honestly would love to see what goes on inside these kids' heads.

New 5 year deal and loan to Watford: http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/08/new-deal-for-ake.html?

That's all of him, Bamford and MVG playing in the EPL this season. Kind of gives an idea who the club has the highest hopes for.

5-year deal? That's interesting considering the likes of Bamford, Kane only got a 3-year extension earlier this year.

I think today is a good day for Nathan Aké and for us. Watford is a good option for him. A team that just arrived in the Premier League after a great season in the First Division, a team which needs a leader and maybe Aké can be that leader as he was in the few matches that Aké was on loan last season with Reading .

Furthermore, Watford has Quique Sanchez Florez as his manager. He is from Spain, and Quique coached Atletico de Madrid from 2009 to 2011 and he did a great job. As I said several times, Atletico de Madrid in Spain is my team and I remember how Quique Sanchez Flores did a great job with the players of Atletico Madrid. Especially with young players because he is a coach with a lot of empathy for the young players (besides being a great person). I think Aké and Quique are going to understand between them perfectly. Quique is a good coach for Aké.

I'm glad he has signed five more years with us. That means that the club knows he is a player with a great future. Aké can return next season with more than 30 matches of experience between Premier League, FA Cup and League Cup to fight to be in our starting eleven.

So, good luck dude!

Regards.