Nathan Aké

James

I'm not sure you know what type of player RLC is if that's the only thing you're comparing between them Ake is definitely better defensively, he's a defensive player. RLC is a much bigger threat going forward with his powerful and neat dribbling, and just general ability going forward. RLC is a true B2B midfielder, like Yaya/Pogba whilst Ake is just a true defensive player.

RLC isn't first and foremost a DM... Ake is. They're different players. RLC can become a force on both sides of the pitch when he sharpens up defensively and tactically. Ake only on one side (defensively, as a versatile LB/DM).

We'll see how it turns out though. RLC has the physical advantage to adapt easily in the league

Ake will have a lot of problems to be a DM in Chelsea or any other top team because he isn't strong enough. We can give him a chance in the LB if anyone in the club believes in him... but in the DM I can't see it. It's a position where normally you want to have big guys, or if they are not big they need to have a huge quality.

Hello Supporter,

Another enjoyable post. Thank you. I must say however that I don't agree about Nathan as a left back. I don't think he's very good at it. The club tried hard last season (13/14) to give him as much playing time as possible in that position for the junior squad. He did his best of course but he just isn't a natural full back. His movements always look like reactions rather than anticipations. It's as if he is always having to think about it, always having to tell himself, "Oh yes, I'm supposed to be over there now." He has no instinct for left back.

For me, DM is definitely Nathan's strongest position. That too was never his natural place in the side but he has an aptitude for it that he lacks for the full back position. At DM Nathan has great spacial awareness. He is excellent at letting the ball run across him to buy half a metre to make a pass, or at touching the ball into an area which his direct opponent can't reach because of his momentum is taking him away from that spot.

I am disappointed that Nathan has not had more chances this season so it's hard to be confident that he'll get minutes from Jose in the future. I am sure though that if Nathan struggles to get game time at DM, he'll struggle to get it elsewhere too.

Hi friend!

I agree with everything you say. The best position for Ake is midfielder and is certain that he as Left-Back can play but he has not internalized the movements of a Left-Back.

But as midfielder is very complicated that he can be in our starting eleven. And Left-Back is an easier position for a young guy can have more minutes. Although I think this guy is able to get anything, and he could return as midfield after being on loan.

But it is true, next season on loan at Boro with Aitor Karanka between Premier, FA Cup and League Cup Aké could play more than 35 matches as midfielder and I'm sure he will be one of the big surprises of Premier League next season, and probably Aké will occupy the role of leader of Boro and within a year he may come back with us and fight for a place in our starting eleven.

I think Aké is going to be a case similar to Courtois. This guy, as RLC, is pure gold.

Regards.

out of all the young players in our ranks He's the one player that doesn't really need a loan. he's very polished and has the looks of an established pro already imo.

Played well under Benitez but for whatever reason, he has been ignored since Mourinho returned...

out of all the young players in our ranks He's the one player that doesn't really need a loan. he's very polished and has the looks of an established pro already imo.

I think he would be an useful squad player if Mikel leaves. He seems to be more dynamic and has a better passing ability, but obviously not as much strength as Mikel.

Played well under Benitez but for whatever reason, he has been ignored since Mourinho returned...

I feel his versatility could help his case of making it Here. He can cover at cm as well as at lb, even at CB although he's a bit undersized for that position.

Ake IMO should go to a Premier League team. Not Boro in first division.

In fact, I would like to see Ake on loan in a team with ability to be in Europa League next season. Not a team to fight not to lose the category.

He should play more than 35 games next season between Premier League, FA Cup and League Cup. In the few matches that Ake has been in Reading he has shown a great performance. With continuity and playing 35 games ... Aké can return in 2016 to be an important player for us. I trust Aké.

For me, Ake and RLC are on par ....

Regards.

• 4 weeks later...

Beaten Championship play-off finalists Middlesbrough have agreed a deal with Chelsea to take Nathan Ake and Tomas Kalas on loan for next season, according to the London Evening Standard.

Not good enough for the Mikel role then. Too bad.

Ake has wasted too many years at Chelsea tbh. He would be smart to leave the club and join a Eredivisie side. He should be good enough to play for a top 5 side there. Get some exposure and develop. I understand the wages at Chelsea are good but for the sake of his career. He can become more than a decent player.

I feel Ake has been mismanaged over the last yr or so.

I feel keeping him around would have been justified had he been given even something like 7 appearances. I believe he is good enough to have got those.

He was not ready for more than 15 apps but certainly should have got alot more than he did.

I love Jose but Ake should have got more chances.