test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jim

Nathan Aké

Started by Jim,

1,178 posts in this topic
11 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

All these sales mounting up large money to splurge big on big players. I like it.

we should use it....

Buy-back clause and I will stomach this. 

He is their record signing and I think he will have a good season with them. 

mccg likes this

I want a buy back clause. But this ia good move for Ake he need more playing time. Hopefully this show that we are getting sandro

Makes loads of sense, he would of been benched for the majority of the season because if we fetch in VvD or Manolas they will be ahead of him as will Sandro and Alonso for LB role.

Everyone wins here.

Fernando likes this

3 hours ago, mccg said:

Don't know what direction the club are going with this sale:dunno:

AFC Bournemouth complete club-record signing from Chelsea

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2017/6/30/15888484/chelsea-nathan-ake-sold-bournemouth-official

The direction is the road we've always been on and always will be on - quality over sentiment; it's the reason we've been above Arsenal/Liverpool/Tottenham all these years, just like Man City & Barcelona, who too haven't integrated youth in 5+ years.

Johnnyeye likes this

Imagine we kept him only for him to see 5 appearances vs. the 30+ he'll now see next season. Our own fans would slander the club to death, over this guy. 

The hierarchy can't win either way; but this time, they don't deserve any heat, at all. Incredible profit for a player who has no outstanding qualities.

Even Juventus sell their very best youth products every single season, inserting buy-back clauses.

10 minutes ago, Leif said:

The direction is the road we've always been on and always will be on - quality over sentiment; it's the reason we've been above Arsenal/Liverpool/Tottenham all these years, just like Man City & Barcelona, who too haven't integrated youth in 5+ years.

but we are overly setimental to the likes of cahill, ivanovic and have pushed better players away because of it

Strike, Johnnyeye, the wes and 1 other like this

5 minutes ago, lucio said:

but we are overly setimental to the likes of cahill, ivanovic and have pushed better players away because of it

I agree. For too long those exact players, & others, have seemingly stuck around solely because they're nice guys. Maybe it's something about their perceived locker room 'presence'. We as a club definitely seem uncomfortable when it comes to letting players go unless they've been absolutely horrid for a long stretch. If you're 'average', but already been here for a few years, you'll probably be here for a few more. Unlike at Madrid/Munich/Juventus.

Johnnyeye and lucio like this

He is a great lad and has a big potential, imo, he is ahead of the likes of Chalobah, RLC or Baker, even maybe from all of our academy players. For his age he is showing great composure on the pitch and will probably be a vital part of B'mouth team. Shame that we couldn't find place in the team for our best academy player, but personally going away from Chelsea is the best option for him, hope he can win a role in the Netherlands national team, wish him all the best.

Is there anywhere reported officially that there is a buy-back clause included in the deal? Because I wasn't able to find anything mentioned about it in the statements from both of the clubs.

Another one bites the dust. We're getting rid of players that could actually contribute while others are still on the books.

Disappointed to see him get sold, but at least we seemingly have a buy-back option.

Sad to see him go but glad he will be able to showcase his talents and grow them at Bournemouth.

Wish him all the success.

akgw13 likes this

What killed Ake was being brought back in January. I believe if he had stayed at Bournemouth and got a full season under his belt he would have been a far more polished player coming back here for pre season with a greater chance of pushing for a first team place.

The club has been panned for not bringing in youth players but when we last tried it to a degree in Carlo's second season it showed how lacking our squad depth was and how experience is so key at the highest level.

I do believe in the last couple of seasons the club has addressed these issues and is part of the way to getting academy players into the first team. The loan system, despite media and opposition fans moaning like crazy about it, is providing our youngsters with the experience they need before they can challenge here. We have made a lot of good decisions with a number of players for where to loan them out.

I think the final hurdle which needs addressing is the mentality of how academy players are seen once back here. If Christensen wasn't from our academy and had been contracted to Gladbach, there is a good chance given his performances in last 2 seasons that we would have been after him with a fee probably somewhere in the region of £20-30m. If we paid that the pressure is stronger to integrate that player into the first team. The price tag at the moment seems to give an extra foot up, which we need to eliminate.

For example if we buy Rudiger, in theory to start with he is behind the current back 3. It's up to him to perform and impress to dislodge one of those. The same for Christensen, but they should be starting on an even field coming in as new players. At the moment this doesn't seem to happen and must be addressed to start getting these boys coming through and establishing themselves.

15 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

19598508_10209926742873695_8672409473832385444_n.jpg

Says there is a buy back clause in Traore deal, in France there is no such thing as a buy back clause. So i am not sure this article could be trusted regarding both. 

King11Didier and Fernando like this

On 7/1/2017 at 10:35 AM, Clockwork said:

Says there is a buy back clause in Traore deal, in France there is no such thing as a buy back clause. So i am not sure this article could be trusted regarding both. 

It is likely an agreement in principle between the clubs. 

On 7/1/2017 at 8:05 AM, Clockwork said:

United have a buy back clause on Depay too.

Fernando likes this