test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jim

Nathan Aké

Started by Jim,

1,178 posts in this topic
Just now, coolhead23 said:

My argument is what's the point in making the numbers!!! I dont know who would they recall Ake or Christensen because end of the day it makes no sense to recall someone and not use him when the need is there. Why didnt we just buy someone in Jan when we knew Ivanovic was moving out instead of recalling?

Football is a squad game. 23-25 players or whatever but how often do you ever need to use more than 18 players a season regularly unless you have massive injuries or constantly get suspensions/injuries. It was obviously an easier and cheaper option than going into the market to sign somebody in January, which is notoriously difficult to buy in. Maybe he will be part of the squad again next year and this last few months he has been learning tactical aspects because he didn't have a pre-season with Chelsea? Its almost more difficult for players who don't get a pre-season at any club. But who knows? 

People can come up with all the excuses of why he came back but the reality is it what is a stupid decision to bring him back. From playing every minute at a PL club and looking very impressive to being called back to the club only to be majority of the times not even in the matchday squad.

King11Didier likes this

27 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Football is a squad game. 23-25 players or whatever but how often do you ever need to use more than 18 players a season regularly unless you have massive injuries or constantly get suspensions/injuries. It was obviously an easier and cheaper option than going into the market to sign somebody in January, which is notoriously difficult to buy in. Maybe he will be part of the squad again next year and this last few months he has been learning tactical aspects because he didn't have a pre-season with Chelsea? Its almost more difficult for players who don't get a pre-season at any club. But who knows? 

I m well aware that Football is a squad game. But why get a player who is doing really well somewhere else and he hardly is on the team sheet forget the minutes? We have so many players on loan who we know are never going to make it to the first team, pick anyone out of them to make the numbers, pick someone from the youth squad to make up the numbers ... why pick someone who is doing well if we're not going to offer anything to him.

I get the logic that we shouldnt be tweaking the winning combination but yesterday was an opportunity and we still go for it. We changed the formation to accommodate Willian but didnt go a 3-5-2 where again Ake could have got a chance. 

And he has been regularly playing football at the PL level, doesnt need a pre-season to prove himself.

The only conclusion I can make out is ... If he doesnt enjoy the manager's confidence and he was forced to be part of the team just like Batshuayi from the Chelsea hierarchy then we would have a problem going forward. 

Really disappointed that Ake didn't get a sniff in. With Alonso injured he was the only one suited to deputising and at the same time keeping our shape at the back.

Zouma hasn't shown anything to suggest he fits in the 3 at the back system unfortunately. In the cup games, Ake had always done well at LB regardless of the opposition.

Azpi at LB backfired big time and he ended up over-tinkering with the formation, and ultimately confused some of the players (from what I saw). 

4 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Or has anybody just considered hes just not good enough to play ahead of Cahill or Pedro? Because I assure you if he was good enough he'd of played in Alonso's place or would have taken Cahill's role as LCB.

Nah man, blind trust is not what fuels an internet forum. Also, we lost, so that means mistakes were made from manager down. I feel this was one. Jose proved last season that we have every right to question world class managers' judgement. Conte has shown extraordinary judgement so far, but mistakes have been made for sure and I believe Michy and Ake are two players who he has mishandled and it's started to bite us in the finishing sprint.

Stats, The Skipper and Strike like this

2 hours ago, manpe said:

Nah man, blind trust is not what fuels an internet forum. Also, we lost, so that means mistakes were made from manager down. I feel this was one. Jose proved last season that we have every right to question world class managers' judgement. Conte has shown extraordinary judgement so far, but mistakes have been made for sure and I believe Michy and Ake are two players who he has mishandled and it's started to bite us in the finishing sprint.

"I believe Michy and Ake are two players who he has mishandled" perhaps you are right and a bit insensitive from the club with Ake.

"it's started to bite us in the finishing sprint." Now this is a conclusion leap: there is zero evidence that the two facts are tied. Whether they were or not mishandled, using them more would've probably made no difference. Are they so much *better* than the players who played? Are the players who have been playing tired by chance?

For me at least, it is far more likely this is just showing the limitations of our squad in terms of quality.

manpe and The Skipper like this

We needs to start him over cahill and zouma, amazing!

calm, intelligent, perform well under pressure

if we had him we might not had lost to man u...

Come on Antonio, you've seen what the kid can do. Apart from the goal (which he couldnt do much about), he kept Kane under control. Never "backed" away from a challenge and stood his ground.

blueblood22 likes this

I hope our back three from today stays the same way for the remainder. Played very well on the most part

mccg likes this

One of the most underrated players of his generation...Let's hope this game has finally opened some eyes! And Conte better play him cause otherwise he'll playing in Barca, Juve or PSG in no time.

blueblood22 likes this

Sign him up .... quality lol,   ffs the future is blue and true , conte will hopefully stick with him !

1 minute ago, Amblève. said:

If Ake was 5 cm taller it'd be question at all if he should be starting. He's got that Azpilicueta-esque tackling ability and tenacity on top of his great technical qualities.

I'm still not sure you can get away with Ake and Cesar in a back-3 on a weekly basis but he did unbelievably well today. I don't think any of us can even imagine the pressure of playing in a semi-final at Wembley months after your last appearance.

Get a true monster athletic cdm  6ft + in front next season ,Ake will be good to go , also have flexibility of changing certain players against certain teams will help , i'd be looking for 4-6 players coming in to improve squad in da summer to kick on and challenging champion league also !

Fantastic performance. I never panicked when they attacked down his side. I've said it before he's a better talent than Zouma and suits out back 3 better than him. He and Christensen are going to be immense for us in the coming years. World class potential between the both of 'em. 

Stats and Blue-in-me-Veins like this