Nathan Aké

James

Bournemouth's Harry Arter believes on-loan Nathan Ake will go back to Chelsea next season and slot into their team, such is the defender's quality.

"Nathan deserves all the plaudits he's getting at the moment," said Arter. "And I've no doubt that next year he'll go back to Chelsea and play in their side.

"I personally feel he's more than good enough, especially with the system they're playing now and it's a credit to him because he's worked really hard, even when he wasn't in the team, and he deserves all the praise he's getting."

HEAD AKE 

Chelsea transfer news: Nathan Ake could return in January due to clause but Bournemouth want to sign him on permanent deal

"Nathan deserves all the plaudits he's getting at the moment. And I've no doubt that next year he'll go back to Chelsea and play in their side. I personally feel he's more than good enough, especially with the system they're playing now."

"And it's a credit to him because he's worked really hard, even when he wasn't in the team, and he deserves all the praise he's getting."

-Harry Arter; source: Sky

No more jack of all trades please, just masters. He would be catastrophic at left back, non-influential in the middle compared to his peers, and useless up front. On the bench, he doesn't offer enough quality to be brought on to change a game, nor has he (yet) shown enough solid consistency to be the guy you bring on to shore up a game ahead of Ivanovic or whoever else.

I know it's nice to have youth products in the team, but if he'd never come from us, and simply came through the Bournemouth system, 90% of people here would flip their opinion and scrutinise those thinking this guy is anywhere near good enough for us. Instead, we should look at that Bertrand guy :DAnd I say that in all seriousness. Love the guy. 

1 hour ago, Leif said:

No more jack of all trades please, just masters. He would be catastrophic at left back, non-influential in the middle compared to his peers, and useless up front. On the bench, he doesn't offer enough quality to be brought on to change a game, nor has he (yet) shown enough solid consistency to be the guy you bring on to shore up a game ahead of Ivanovic or whoever else.

I know it's nice to have youth products in the team, but if he'd never come from us, and simply came through the Bournemouth system, 90% of people here would flip their opinion and scrutinise those thinking this guy is anywhere near good enough for us. Instead, we should look at that Bertrand guy :DAnd I say that in all seriousness. Love the guy. 

Agree. Bertrand was more than good enough to be a backup LB/LWB. 

People are letting their emotions get in the way when they say Ake should be here. If they have doubts about Alonso, then how on earth would Nathan make the team. 

On 20/12/2016 at 7:33 PM, -Kaplan- said:

Agree. Bertrand was more than good enough to be a backup LB/LWB. 

People are letting their emotions get in the way when they say Ake should be here. If they have doubts about Alonso, then how on earth would Nathan make the team. 

I think we always get too sentimental over players. Specially the younger ones

It made me losing my vision for a short periond with that burning image of seeing Lamps in that shiity washed out blue shirt from Mancland to realize that players dont have the emotions we supporters do about the team. They purely see it as a job. Like us when we change jobs we keep a mate or 2 and remember good/bad times but we do our job for our new bosses. Its just us fans that stay with one team all our lives.

Theres no doubt Ake's got some skills. We wont know IF hes Chelsea standard till Contes seen him working alongside the team.

But weith him already saying his fave position is as DM I cant see that happening. And with 3 or 4 other young LBs coming back (and Happy) we got a few all wanting that spot,

Its gonna be interesting to see which route Conte takes. I see us buying someone in. Lets hope hes fuckin great!

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

Ake was great yesterday againts Arsenal and he deserves to be in the squad next season he has been amazing for Bournemouth.

Has he played LWB before? Not that it matters much 'cause Moses hadn't either and this position is essentially a B2B full-back, but if Ake has then it'd be interesting to know how he fared.

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

Has he played LWB before? Not that it matters much 'cause Moses hadn't either and this position is essentially a B2B full-back, but if Ake has then it'd be interesting to know how he fared.

No,i don't thing he has he mostly plays CB for Bournemouth but i don't thing that playing LWB would be a problem for him i actually thing he would be great as a LWB.

4 hours ago, Chelsea4 said:

No,i don't thing he has he mostly plays CB for Bournemouth but i don't thing that playing LWB would be a problem for him i actually thing he would be great as a LWB.

He played LB last season at Watford :) 

Has no future at Chelsea. Funny some people here think he has one. 

Only Dutch CB ever making it in our starting XI at the moment is Van Dijk. Aké should've been smart and stayed at Feyenoord and go the same route Stefan de Vrij used instead of becoming a Chelsea loan merchant. Same goes for Marco van Ginkel. Should've joined Ajax a few years ago.