Nathan Aké

James

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Depth is one thing but quality is another. We still don't know whether Christensen, Zouma and Ake are capable of playing in the back 3, both physically and tactically. And will those 6 players be good enough to help us challenge the Premier League and Champions League in the long run? I have my doubts.

Like I just said in post above ;)

Big decisions to make and I think some of us will end up disappoited

Adding to the discussion is also allowing Conte to bring in some players of his choice. While we value these guys highly due to a variety of reasons, Conte might want to put his mark on the team with transfers of his selection(which he has rightly earned) @Unionjack is right, some people will be disappointed. One thing we can all agree on though is that whoever is at the club be it youth products, expensive transfers or loan army, Conte will play the players who deserve the time and who will give us the best chance at being successful. Good enough for me.

On 06/12/2016 at 2:58 PM, akgw13 said:

Adding to the discussion is also allowing Conte to bring in some players of his choice. While we value these guys highly due to a variety of reasons, Conte might want to put his mark on the team with transfers of his selection(which he has rightly earned) @Unionjack is right, some people will be disappointed. One thing we can all agree on though is that whoever is at the club be it youth products, expensive transfers or loan army, Conte will play the players who deserve the time and who will give us the best chance at being successful. Good enough for me.

What we gotta be looking at too is HomeGrown.

With JT off and MAYBE Cescy and MAYBE Begovic to Wet Spam and HOPEFULLY Cahill thats us down 4

Leaves us Moses and Chalobah!!

This is a big reason our under 21s at academy and on loan are important if not for 1st team.

If we dont have enough HG   we will have to cut squad size and we really dont need trhat in Europe do se eh.

35 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Would Christensen, Ake, Aina, Cahill, Chalobah, Moses all classify as HG? I am not very educated on the HG rules. Any help would be appreciated.

All of them should, but not completely sure about Christensen with this loan spell.

38 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Would Christensen, Ake, Aina, Cahill, Chalobah, Moses all classify as HG? I am not very educated on the HG rules. Any help would be appreciated.

Yeah they all qualify as HG talent. It's also why Christensen wasn't loaned till last season. 

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

Aké vs Leicester: 96% pass accuracy, 7 clearances, 3 tackles won, 3 aerial duels won, 2 interceptions

Good thing he can't play against us next week :)

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

Aké vs Leicester: 96% pass accuracy, 7 clearances, 3 tackles won, 3 aerial duels won, 2 interceptions

I read reports Ake had a good game last nite has centre back maybe he could play left side at three at back for chelsea next season 

40 minutes ago, the wes said:

I read reports Ake had a good game last nite has centre back maybe he could play left side at three at back for chelsea next season 

I'm hoping so. He's fast, good in one on one defending and is far more comfortable with the ball than Cahill. He's homegrown, and he's left-footed too, he just fits. 

1 minute ago, kellzfresh said:

I'm hoping so. He's fast, good in one on one defending and is far more comfortable with the ball than Cahill. He's homegrown, and he's left-footed too, he just fits. 

HG is a good plus cause we are gonna be fucked in that departent.

Its going to ba a gamble with CBs isn't it?

We are going t o have 3/4 strong young talented lads all wanting a place but will they be good enough for Europe yet?

So do we buy in experience with a hopefully top class guy either soon or v early summer. Or really gamble on pre season with the younger element.

I personally would buy in and keep a couple of the lads who would hopefully work for a place and be patiant.

I'm not sure Ake woiuld be tho. Strikes me he wants out.

When you look at the physicality of Cahill, Luiz, Terry and to some extent, Azpi, does Ake really belong there? 

His best chance would come at LWB and Conte has said that 3-4-3 was not his first or second choice. He used that formation because of what he had. One would think after two transfer windows, Ake doesn't fit the mould of a Conte player. Even more so after you consider Kenedy. 

I would really consider selling for his, and our sake. Good lad just not Chelsea standard.