Nathan Aké

James

The fact he has to speak to Emenalo, not Conte, shows Conte clearly hasn't expressed desire to keep him around. It also implies it wasn't his idea to bring him back.

But good lad Conte; knowing the difference between an average pro footballer & exceptional ones. For us, seeing any youth product become just an average pro footballer is ecstasy, the youth program has succeeded :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Ake and Christensen should be considered for the LCB position. They are on the level of defenders we have been linked with - Koulibaly, van Dijk, Manolas - and adding a defender into the mix disturbs the integration of Christensen, Ake or even both into the first team.

Azpi, Luiz, Ake, Christensen, Cahill with youngsters as emergency cover Tomori (?) Omeruo (?) Kalas (?) Aina (?) 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Ake and Christensen should be considered for the LCB position. They are on the level of defenders we have been linked with - Koulibaly, van Dijk, Manolas - and adding a defender into the mix disturbs the integration of Christensen, Ake or even both into the first team.

Azpi, Luiz, Ake, Christensen, Cahill with youngsters as emergency cover Tomori (?) Omeruo (?) Kalas (?) Aina (?) 

I've been baffled myself why we're getting linked with so many cb's at stupid prices. I think Ake is a good fit for the LCB, Christensen a good fit for RCB and Zouma suiting the central role. Pretty well covered for CB's we should look at strengthening elsewhere

Nathan Ake Loan deals do count

Bournemouth 1/5
Everton 16/1
Watford 20/1
West Ham 25/1
To Stay at Chelsea (Does not include returning on loan following a permanent deal elsewhere) 7/2

Looks like he is gone ffs according to slybet , i will be pissed if we let Ake go 4sure:offtopic::angry::rant::fist:

On 2017-6-20 at 11:34 AM, mccg said:

Nathan Ake Loan deals do count

Bournemouth 1/5
Everton 16/1
Watford 20/1
West Ham 25/1
To Stay at Chelsea (Does not include returning on loan following a permanent deal elsewhere) 7/2

Looks like he is gone ffs according to slybet , i will be pissed if we let Ake go 4sure:offtopic::angry::rant::fist:

If he does go I hope we put a buy back clause on him 

Great deal for someone I doubt is in Contes plans, majority of his minutes were against Watford, after we had won the league. I prefer we concentrate on giving Christensen and Alonso enough minutes, if we are buying VVD + A.Sandro. 

The  £20m we should spend on Conti.

If true, this is another promising youngster not given a chance at the club. The buy-back clause does nothing to appease me. I would rather see him given a chance to play LCB ahead of Cahill. I think he is good enough for the LCB position. He has the technique, calmness and the athleticism for the position and is left footed. He proved himself in the Premier League at Watford and then Bournemouth before sitting on the Chelsea bench for the second half of this season. He stepped up in the FA Cup Semi-final when he was picked. 

Should the club really go out and splash 60million on Virgil van Dijk when there is Nathan and Christensen waiting to break in? 

Bournemouth are set to snap-up defender Nathan Ake with a £20million-plus offer after missing out on #Chelsea legend John Terry. [Sun]

Nathan Ake's expected to sign a deal with Bournemouth when he returns from his holiday in July, with other clubs being interested too. [Sun]

Conte is believed to be happy to offload Ake as he tries to bring in Van Dijk from Southampton, while also making a move for Bonucci. [Sun]

#Chelsea are expected to make a £60million offer for Virgil van Dijk, however, the 25-year-old is still keen on a move to Liverpool. [Mail]