Nathan Aké

James

On April 25, 2017 at 7:07 AM, LondonsFinest said:

And? He is very limited and can always be a rotation option. If you tell me, that seeing that back 3 at the suppossed potential becoming real and they develop w'd have a phenomenal backline. All able to carry the ball under pressure, all being fantastically capable defensively. It would be criminal to sacrifice that for Azpi starting. I love him to bits, but he has his defficincies.

In what way is Azpi limited (for whats required as a RCB)? Just out of interest?

17 hours ago, the wes said:

According to De Telegraaf, Netherlands could lose Nathan Ake to the Ivory Coast.

16 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Wilmots has already convinced Boga, so he could follow suit

Would be very surprised if Ake did this. One, he was born and raised in Holland and 2 he stands a very good chance of being part of that defence in the future. Especially if he can nail down a position at us or elsewhere. He has got the playing characteristics they like for a CB too.

No offence to Boga, but he probably realised he has a better chance of representing Ivory Coast than France as he was even missing out on their U21 squad.

Would be very surprised if Ake did this. One, he was born and raised in Holland and 2 he stands a very good chance of being part of that defence in the future. Especially if he can nail down a position at us or elsewhere. He has got the playing characteristics they like for a CB too.
No offence to Boga, but he probably realised he has a better chance of representing Ivory Coast than France as he was even missing out on their U21 squad.

I'm honestly surprised Holland have already called him up. They aren't exactly spoiled for choice right now.

4 hours ago, Stats said:

Talent level in France is way too high, no chance Boga gets in ahead of the likes of Martial, Mbappe, Ousmane etc. 

13 hours ago, Tomo said:

In what way is Azpi limited (for whats required as a RCB)? Just out of interest?

His height and jumping limit him from being an aerial presence. His ball playing ability isn't great. Any tactically prepared team may/will target the area of our RCB and RWB and exploit it. Don't get me wrong, as I said, I love Azpi, I just believe, he should be rotated and played in the right circumstances, if he is to be a starter vs the big CL clubs next season.

15 hours ago, Tomo said:

Looks like he is well and truly ahead of Zouma in the pecking order now, thankgod.

Likely because Ake can play in 2 positions of the back 3 as opposed to Zouma, who is only used when Azpi isn't playing at RCB.

5 hours ago, Tomo said:

He carries out the ball brilliantly and is fantastic in possession for a CB. He may lack height but that is literally the only chink in his armour defensively and that doesn't even get exposed as much as is made out. Would you have dropped prime Carvalho for lack of height or prime Terry for lack of pace?

Also (and most importantly) Azpi is a fundementally better defender than anyone else in the squad and the best since JT was in his prime, his only weakness should be worked around given all the upsides he brings.

The fact that Azpi wasn't in the team of the year when he's probably the EPL's best defender shows just how under appreciated he is. Even Chelsea fans don't seem to rate him. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/05/2017 at 5:21 PM, Chelsea? said:

The fact that Azpi wasn't in the team of the year when he's probably the EPL's best defender shows just how under appreciated he is. Even Chelsea fans don't seem to rate him. 

Blimey mate I don't think that's true.

Yes he's the best defender in the EPL even Neville of the Mancs had to admit it, bet that hurt him lol

I really don't know where you get the "under appreciated" bit I don't think there's a CFC supporter that believes that.

hes1ofus

24 minutes ago, AChes1ofus said:

Blimey mate I don't think that's true.

Yes he's the best defender in the EPL even Neville of the Mancs had to admit it, bet that hurt him lol

I really don't know where you get the "under appreciated" bit I don't think there's a CFC supporter that believes that.

hes1ofus

There's a few here that wanted him out so Christienson could get a place. But I was referring to the general public who seem to underrate him. Chelsea fans know his worth. 

57 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Bournemouth are set to stun Chelsea by tabling a monster £40m offer for goalkeeper Asmir Begovic and midfielder Nathan Ake, reports the Mirror.

lol stun us, as if we can't reject the bid. 

“The main thing for me is to play games. Whether it is here, whether it is somewhere else, I don’t know yet. I need to see what Michael [Emenalo] thinks. That’s what we need to discuss and see where we go from there.”

-Nathan Aké; source: Guardian