Nathan Aké

James

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

I want this lad to start tonight.

Conte said that Cahill "might be available" tonight. I don't know what this means but if Cahill is ready then Aké goes back to the bench,

7 hours ago, LondonsFinest said:

And? He is very limited and can always be a rotation option. If you tell me, that seeing that back 3 at the suppossed potential becoming real and they develop w'd have a phenomenal backline. All able to carry the ball under pressure, all being fantastically capable defensively. It would be criminal to sacrifice that for Azpi starting. I love him to bits, but he has his defficincies.

What do you mean so what? You don't put your best defender on the bench for a youngster with potential. Azpi is maybe the best defender in the EPL. Just cause you have a hard on for Ake right now doesn't mean he's as good as you think. 

Dont worry, next week you'll have another hard on for someone else. 

I cant stand people that think the grass is greener else where. Christienson and Ake are not good enough to displace Luis or Azpi. Maybe Cahill, but if Cahill played for a different team, you'd be dying for him too. 

what are Azpi's difficiencies? His height? Cause Ake is the same height. You've seen Ake play 2 good games for Chelsea and you want him to start over the best defender in the league, Laughable. Don't even get me started on Christienson, who plays for a mediocre team in Germany. But for some strange reason you think he's good enough to come replace our best defender. 

I'd love for one of them to start here. Azpi-Luis-Ake would make me happy. But don't think for a second anyone can displace Azpi. His spot along with Hazard, Tibo and Kante are the safest in this squad. 

45 minutes ago, Chelsea? said:

What do you mean so what? You don't put your best defender on the bench for a youngster with potential. Azpi is maybe the best defender in the EPL. Just cause you have a hard on for Ake right now doesn't mean he's as good as you think. 

I cant stand people that think the grass is greener else where. Christienson and Ake are not good enough to displace Luis or Azpi. Maybe Cahill, but if Cahill played for a different team, you'd be dying for him too. 

what are Azpi's difficiencies? His height? Cause Ake is the same height. You've seen Ake play 2 good games for Chelsea and you want him to start over the best defender in the league, Laughable. Don't even get me started on Christienson, who plays for a mediocre team in Germany. But for some strange reason you think he's good enough to come replace our best defender. 

I'd love for one of them to start here. Azpi-Luis-Ake would make me happy. But don't think for a second anyone can displace Azpi. His spot along with Hazard, Tibo and Kante are the safest in this squad. 

Same people who thought RLC was the next Zidane and were begging for him to start. 

Now, I rate Ake just not enough to become a starting CB. At this moment. 

3 hours ago, -Kaplan- said:

Same people who thought RLC was the next Zidane and were begging for him to start. 

Now, I rate Ake just not enough to become a starting CB. At this moment. 

He's higher in the pecking order than Cahill for me. Need to be bleeding in new blood at some point, and he showed enough against Spurs on Sat.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

He's higher in the pecking order than Cahill for me. Need to be bleeding in new blood at some point, and he showed enough against Spurs on Sat.

He has a better chance of displacing Alonso. 

I think Conte likes experienced and commanding leaders as CB. I'm not sure Ake is that. 

3 hours ago, -Kaplan- said:

He has a better chance of displacing Alonso. 

I think Conte likes experienced and commanding leaders as CB. I'm not sure Ake is that. 

Ake is not a LWB at all for me. Sure, he could be deployed there because he has decent ball playing ability and a left foot, but he isn't comfortable there at all. 

Im sure either him or Zouma wont be in our squad next season. Zouma would go on loan or Ake would be sold.

Cahill, Luiz, Azpi, Christensen, new CB and either Zouma or Ake.

Ake was brilliant against Spurs, not only his defensive work, but his composure on ball and he looks quite mature in his play. Very nice. Zouma on other hand, is having nightmare of a season so far. Indeed he is coming from big injury and it will take time, but most probably expected that he will gain his composure by now, however his displays were very nervous so far.

Judging by that, I think sending Zouma on loan would make more sense.

5 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Im sure either him or Zouma wont be in our squad next season. Zouma would go on loan or Ake would be sold.

Selling Ake would be stupid imo, or sending on loan for that matter. We need a larger squad next season, we will also lose some HG players (JT, Bego at least). Ake is a player who can play in different positions and he has the quality to be a rotational option. Unless he wants to go, sending him away voluntarily would be a dumb move from the club imo.

17 hours ago, Chelsea? said:

I've never said Christensen will start over Luiz, I said he plays the exact same role and does it better, far more intelligently and should start there, while Luiz takes the sweeper role of Gary/Azpi. I realize Ake won't be starting over Azpi right now or next season. I love Azpi to bits, I am happy with him, because I've been one of his biggest defenders. Still, Ake, to me, is superior and will only become better. Christensen is a no brainer. I don't have a hard on, I just hope we play even better football. So, keep your pants on and calm down.

3 hours ago, LondonsFinest said:

while Luiz takes the sweeper role of Gary/Azpi.

They are the furthest thing away from a sweeper, in fact they are anti-sweepers because they proactively close down their zones. If anyone, then Luiz is playing the sweeper role as the deepest of the lot.

4 hours ago, manpe said:

Selling Ake would be stupid imo, or sending on loan for that matter. We need a larger squad next season, we will also lose some HG players (JT, Bego at least). Ake is a player who can play in different positions and he has the quality to be a rotational option. Unless he wants to go, sending him away voluntarily would be a dumb move from the club imo.

I know, it would be stupid considering his versatility and potential, but I think that is what club would do if we get other player. Add Christensen, new Cb and potentialy two new wingbacks and there is absolutely no room for Ake if Zouma, Cahill, Azpi, Luiz. Probably Ake wouldnt be happy with such role either. 

Unless obviously we loan Zouma out, then Ake takes his place.

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

I know, it would be stupid considering his versatility and potential, but I think that is what club would do if we get other player. Add Christensen, new Cb and potentialy two new wingbacks and there is absolutely no room for Ake if Zouma, Cahill, Azpi, Luiz. Probably Ake wouldnt be happy with such role either. 

Unless obviously we loan Zouma out, then Ake takes his place.

Zouma definitely will be loaned out next season. He can't get into 1st team here with how he is now.

chelsea has no need to sell ake, It depends on whether he want to stay here and fight or not.

2 hours ago, manpe said:

They are the furthest thing away from a sweeper, in fact they are anti-sweepers because they proactively close down their zones. If anyone, then Luiz is playing the sweeper role as the deepest of the lot.

Depends on the situation really. Sometimes both push up, other times it's just Luiz. It's a transition thing. It's just that Ake brings the balance Conte wants. Left footed LCB, pace, intelligence, etc.