Nathan Aké

James

I think he'll get more game-time than some think. I doubt Conte would bring him back from what has turned out, from a very rocky start, to be a very successful loan spell for him to just rot on the bench indefinitely.

He's the perfect 'jack of many trades' that the team could do with, providing cover in the back three, the left wing back slot, hell he can even slot in as a DM.

Obviously this could all be thrown back in my face if he does indeed just come back to make up the numbers, I just have a feeling Conte will have more for him.

32 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

If we'd really like to, we can recall any player currently on loan

If that's the case why did chelsea struggle to get Christensen back?? When we were struggling to buy Centre Back before we resign Luiz 

3 hours ago, LondonsFinest said:

Find it surprising people are saying he should make the LCB role his. We'd die on set pieces with him and Azpi. He's taylor made for LWB. Defensive stability, passing, technique, crossing ability, mobile. Ideal choice if we can't buy any top notch LB/LWB.

Ake is good but you might have overrated him there. Is he intelligent tactically to play the LWB role? Does he have the stamina to go up and down the flank all game? It's all very doubtful at this point.

Ake is good but you might have overrated him there. Is he intelligent tactically to play the LWB role? Does he have the stamina to go up and down the flank all game? It's all very doubtful at this point.

The jury is out on the stamina part as he hasn't played in a position that has required him to do much running. I personally can see him becoming part of the back three and we all know who would drop out, but I would be worried about communication between him, Luiz & Azpi.

Do you really think Conte is gonna replace Cahill with Ake? Never gonna happen. Conte clearly values Cahill more than our supporters do. Moreover the goals we conceded show how suicidal it would be to have CBS as tiny as him and azpi.

8 hours ago, Jason said:

I don't want to overrate the lad. I'm just saying he has the qualities to play there. He is intelligent, tbf. Stamina we'll see. I just don't think he's coming in as a CB. He looks good and despite me being skeptical, I think he can develop here.

AFC Bournemouth: Cherries loan star Ake returns to Chelsea

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/cherries/clubnews/15009437.AFC_Bournemouth__Cherries_loan_star_Ake_returns_to_Chelsea/

They thought alot about the lad didn't they.

I'll get behind the old boy wherever he plays. Gotta give him a chance

Dont agree with this.

He's just broken in the the bournemouth team the past month or two playing regular football, and he's now going to be sat on the bench/reserves for us? I doubt he will be a first team player yet and its not as if we desperately need the cover. Poor decision for his progression in my opinion  

2 minutes ago, gadget said:

Dont agree with this.

He's just broken in the the bournemouth team the past month or two playing regular football, and he's now going to be sat on the bench/reserves for us? I doubt he will be a first team player yet and its not as if we desperately need the cover. Poor decision for his progression in my opinion  

Lets put it this way. Ake sounds like hes wanting regular starting time so I don't think he will be here past the sumer otherwise.

Looks like Chelsea couldn't bring what Antonio wants so let's recall Ake. Just hope Ake is good enough to play and if he is that he'll actually play not being a bench warmer. He's 21. and after some regular football for the first time the absolute worst thing for him would be Michy, Zouma , Loftus- Cheek, Aina and Cesc destiny.

If we rate him as a player out of 10, he's clearly either a 4, 5, or a 6. We need more than 6's. Madrid and Barcelona have no 6's on their benches. I'd struggle to say Man City & Bayern have any 6's on their bench too. 

It is TOO LATE to start integrating 'not bad' youngsters just for the sake of it. It had a lovely novelty that I wanted to be a part of 5-10 years ago, but now, who else is trying to integrate randomers from their loan army ahead of bringing in already-made, performing to a high-level talent? More than ever you need instant success on the pitch; and all of our youngsters right now, from RLC, to Ake, to Chalobah, are so damn jack-of-all-trade players who excel at nothing. All of us would struggle to list proactive traits any of those players have. You put them on the field and your chances of scoring go down, and your chance of conceding just marginally, actually goes up. In my eyes anyway. All they are are fresh legs. Nothing special will come from any of them, ever, bar 1 freak goal for a lesser team one day.

3 minutes ago, Leif said:

If we rate him as a player out of 10, he's clearly either a 4, 5, or a 6. We need more than 6's. Madrid and Barcelona have no 6's on their benches. I'd struggle to say Man City & Bayern have any 6's on their bench too. 

It is TOO LATE to start integrating 'not bad' youngsters just for the sake of it. It had a lovely novelty that I wanted to be a part of 5-10 years ago, but now, who else is trying to integrate randomers from their loan army ahead of bringing in already-made, performing to a high-level talent? More than ever you need instant success on the pitch; and all of our youngsters right now, from RLC, to Ake, to Chalobah, are so damn jack-of-all-trade players who excel at nothing. All of us would struggle to list proactive traits any of those players have. You put them on the field and your chances of scoring go down, and your chance of conceding just marginally, actually go up. In my eyes anyway. All they are are fresh legs. Nothing special will come from any of them, ever, bar 1 freak goal for a lesser team one day.

My thoughts exactly about aiming our sites too low.

But we arent any of those teams you mentioned and have always had proilems attracting 9s and 10s mate.

Me I'd pay whayevers necessary to get them and not worry about bringing in the accademy. But I'd probably bankrupt the club and every Blues fan would hate me for ignoring our overhyped youth.

In reallity a good mixture would be perfect but we do need more actual tallented creative players.

All really hard decisions to make and I hope Conte gets it right.

24 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Lets put it this way. Ake sounds like hes wanting regular starting time so I don't think he will be here past the sumer otherwise.

So that means he'll be walking into our 1st xi otherwise he wants out this summer? rather than him having another half season in the first team at Bournemouth gaining more premier league experience before coming back and fighting a first team spot next season.

a back 3 of Ake Zouma Christensen looks very solid and balanced but all need to grow and gain experience 

Not going to be CB but LWB and who knows could play in the middle as well. 

We shall see, very interesting shot Conte is taking  here. Plus he's doing what we wanted, use loan players instead of wasting money on stop gap players.

25 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

My thoughts exactly about aiming our sites too low.

But we arent any of those teams you mentioned and have always had proilems attracting 9s and 10s mate.

Me I'd pay whayevers necessary to get them and not worry about bringing in the accademy. But I'd probably bankrupt the club and every Blues fan would hate me for ignoring our overhyped youth.

In reallity a good mixture would be perfect but we do need more actual tallented creative players.

All really hard decisions to make and I hope Conte gets it right.

I agree with every word of yours. I think that bringing in the youth, is like a cherry on top of the cake. It's very pretty decoration. But, we still need a strong enough sponge/foundation first. And right now, our sponge is not completely ready. It's crumbly, and while it resembles a cake, if someone were to bite into it deep, they'd see that the core is not yet good enough to be leaping ahead to adding the decoration.

Maybe this wouldn't even be a conversation though if we were looking at our other youngsters. We do have some talent that I genuinely believe are already 6.5's, ready to be made 7/10 players very quickly under Conte. Those are Jay Dasilva, Musonda, perhaps Christensen, Tammy Abraham (he was already an absolute monster for the youth teams; the fact that he's now averaging a goal every 2 games in the Championship makes me think he's capable enough to be our next Demba Ba or whatnot.), & Kalas (still only 23, and when we played him, I thought he was truly superb. It confuses me why we don't use him). 

Those are our gems. Those are all players who'd be good enough for the top 6 or so Premier League teams, right now. No other team in the top 6 would take Ake, Ruben or Chalobah. We and City would both be better with Christensen, right now. Arsenal would be better with Abraham (he's perfect for their system; just stand up top and score, don't do much else.) Kalas would be useful here or at City; but he'd truly shine at Liverpool. Musonda is more delicate so I won't say anything about him in this regard. Dasilva similar. We have youth players already good enough for the Premier League's top 6, so why do we focus on our youth players that're barely good enough for the top 6 of the npower Championship