Nathan Aké

James

Really that was the case ? There were some talks from Anderlecht coaches you heard of ? Because if that's true Charly was really dump to come here. He'd be like Youri Tielemans now, there'd be talks about his price in that 8 figure region. And now he still plays youth, sometimes even on the bench because physicall players like Brown or Abraham are prefered (which is bullshit) without even perspective of first team. And he's such a special talent ... But at least money was good I guess.

A couple of months ago, Charly played with Belgium's u21 against Spain and Norway (won both matches) beïng the standout player. He got a standing ovation from the crowd there, wich is pretty big because Munir was also playing for Spain. In the match against Norway, he was taking selfies with the fans etc and made the news with beïng the most exciting youngster. Other players like Jordan Lukaku (brother of Romelu) commented that Charly was always the standout player when he was still at Anderlecht's academy.

After those matches. The manager of Anderlecht, Herman van Holsbeeck was a guest at some belgian news talkshow and said their plan was to have a Musonda/Tielemans/Praet midfield. When Charly was still at Anderlecht, he even had a special pass to go around the complex etc (+ his father was a youth trainer at Anderlecht). 1 youth coach that coached both Musonda and Januzaj mentioned that Charly always impressed him the most. Beïng Anderlecht's biggest talent since Vincent Kompany, he was beïng groomed for a debut at age 16. Ofcourse, some big clubs came sniffing around. Namely Barcelona, City and Chelsea. Musonda's dream team was Barcelona, and that was where he first went. Receiving a tour at Camp Nou etc (made possible by Johan Boskamp). Problem was both Barca and City only wanted Charly and not his brothers. Chelsea was the only club willing to add all 3 brothers.

Another argument Charly's father made was that Anderlecht where pushing him too hard. They where afraid that first-team football at age 16 would hamper his development, Romelu Lukaku beïng a prime example. At Chelsea he would play with players around his age. This does make sense, but i still think the money was just too much to ignore.

Im just hoping he'll be smart about the club he goes on loan to next season. Anderlecht had a first loan-option (if he goes back to Belgium), but Charly denied that last summer on twitter. Luckily he has a good mentor at Chelsea with fellow Belgian Eden Hazard :D. They appear to be good friends, and looking at his instagram account they spend alot of time together.

A couple of months ago, Charly played with Belgium's u21 against Spain and Norway (won both matches) beïng the standout player. He got a standing ovation from the crowd there, wich is pretty big because Munir was also playing for Spain. In the match against Norway, he was taking selfies with the fans etc and made the news with beïng the most exciting youngster. Other players like Jordan Lukaku (brother of Romelu) commented that Charly was always the standout player when he was still at Anderlecht's academy.

After those matches. The manager of Anderlecht, Herman van Holsbeeck was a guest at some belgian news talkshow and said their plan was to have a Musonda/Tielemans/Praet midfield. When Charly was still at Anderlecht, he even had a special pass to go around the complex etc (+ his father was a youth trainer at Anderlecht). 1 youth coach that coached both Musonda and Januzaj mentioned that Charly always impressed him the most. Beïng Anderlecht's biggest talent since Vincent Kompany, he was beïng groomed for a debut at age 16. Ofcourse, some big clubs came sniffing around. Namely Barcelona, City and Chelsea. Musonda's dream team was Barcelona, and that was where he first went. Receiving a tour at Camp Nou etc (made possible by Johan Boskamp). Problem was both Barca and City only wanted Charly and not his brothers. Chelsea was the only club willing to add all 3 brothers.

Another argument Charly's father made was that Anderlecht where pushing him too hard. They where afraid that first-team football at age 16 would hamper his development, Romelu Lukaku beïng a prime example. At Chelsea he would play with players around his age. This does make sense, but i still think the money was just too much to ignore.

Im just hoping he'll be smart about the club he goes on loan to next season. Anderlecht had a first loan-option (if he goes back to Belgium), but Charly denied that last summer on twitter. Luckily he has a good mentor at Chelsea with fellow Belgian Eden Hazard :D. They appear to be good friends, and looking at his instagram account they spend alot of time together.

I read that he was fantastic in the last games for Belgium in U21. No surprise there.

Do you think that his dad had influenced the decision to move abroad rather than stay with Anderlecht ?

He would play first team football and would probably hope for big money already. I'll save my judgment but I hope he didn't make big mistake coming here.

You think that loan to Anderlecht is an option ? He couldn't join them last summer because he had still one year to become homegrown here. So now the path is clear. I believe he will play first team football soon to quicken his progress, where is a question. In Chelsea, they gave him long term contract so they believe that he has significant potential to reach.

I hope that when he stops growing he really hit a gym. He still grows, he's taller than he was a couple of years ago so it's understable that he doesn't build muscles. However, let's hope that he becomes stronger and broader eventually because it's holding him back. He laughs off saying that Eden Hazard is not beast either but Eden has very well build thighs and he can stand on his feet when pressed. Charly has to really think about it. Even at this level he is shoved off the ball too cheaply. He has absoulutely stunning technique, I'd say that probably on level with the best first-teamers but he's too lightweight still.

I read that he was fantastic in the last games for Belgium in U21. No surprise there.

Do you think that his dad had influenced the decision to move abroad rather than stay with Anderlecht ?

He would play first team football and would probably hope for big money already. I'll save my judgment but I hope he didn't make big mistake coming here.

You think that loan to Anderlecht is an option ? He couldn't join them last summer because he had still one year to become homegrown here. So now the path is clear. I believe he will play first team football soon to quicken his progress, where is a question. In Chelsea, they gave him long term contract so they believe that he has significant potential to reach.

I hope that when he stops growing he really hit a gym. He still grows, he's taller than he was a couple of years ago so it's understable that he doesn't build muscles. However, let's hope that he becomes stronger and broader eventually because it's holding him back. He laughs off saying that Eden Hazard is not beast either but Eden has very well build thighs and he can stand on his feet when pressed. Charly has to really think about it. Even at this level he is shoved off the ball too cheaply. He has absoulutely stunning technique, I'd say that probably on level with the best first-teamers but he's too lightweight still.

Im not so sure what happened at Anderlecht, but what i have heard was that the move caught the board offguard. His father promised Anderlecht he would stay, but apparently it was the mother that was very eager to move abroad. I doubt that he is going back to Anderlecht, because he firmly said he did not want to come back (only when he is at the end of his career). He still loves the place though. But for his growth i wouldn't recommend a PL club t his age.

About his physical stature, he actually is a bit taller than Eden currently but still has a very slim frame. He does hit the gym quite regularly though. I would compare him to Neymar in build, and a mixture of Xavi/Iniesta in ability.

But you did say "Matic and Mikel were suspended and injured respectively earlier this month and yet what did Mourinho do? "

Yes but what did I say after that as well? "Play Zouma - a CB - out of position in DM." Same point as I mentioned in the previous post.

Mou's job is first and foremost to win games. And Chelsea as a club has been notorious for firing managers for failing to win.

You need to stop treating Ake as if he's a 16-year-old who has no first-team experience whatsoever. He's got that and has proved more than adequate in the Premier League and in Europe. This issue here stems from the fact that Mourinho just doesn't trust the youth players to begin with.

Yes but what did I say after that as well? "Play Zouma - a CB - out of position in DM." Same point as I mentioned in the previous post.

You need to stop treating Ake as if he's a 16-year-old who has no first-team experience whatsoever. He's got that and has proved more than adequate in the Premier League and in Europe. This issue here stems from the fact that Mourinho just doesn't trust the youth players to begin with.

He is good enough to Captain the Dutch under 21s ,,as you point out he isnt a schoolboy

Who cares if Zouma is a natural CB? The team needed to stop the supply to Eriksen.

You clearly feel that Ake should be higher than Zouma in the pecking order/hierarchy. So now youre punishing Zouma to give Ake some playing time.

Who cares if Zouma is a natural CB? The team needed to stop the supply to Eriksen.

Oh, as if Ake can't do the job if he was given it...

You clearly feel that Ake should be higher than Zouma in the pecking order/hierarchy. So now youre punishing Zouma to give Ake some playing time.

Punishing Zouma?! Oh god. :doh:

Why don't loan him to the end of the season ? I wonder if Chelsea somehow want to use him at the end of the campaign.

Get him some playing time and then give him a chances in May once we have secured the title.

On the website it says until 22 April? Does the season and then for them? That's like a loan spell of less than 1 month, why do we do this?

I think they will extend the loan if it turns to be succesful. I doubt he'd come back if he became a starter.

What's even the point of keeping him anymore?

Infact, we might as well sell anyone we didn't buy for more than 15m because they'll never get a chance.

So we should sell Courtois, Cahill, Ivanovic, Zouma and Azpilicueta?

Aké's situation is annoying but we have some cheap and good quality players.

So we should sell Courtois, Cahill, Ivanovic, Zouma and Azpilicueta?

Aké's situation is annoying but we have some cheap and good quality players.

Nobody would have thought Courtois would have turned out as good as he did in his years at Atletico. We weren't even the ones to develop him.

Azpilicueta wasn't bought by Mourinho, and when Mourinho did come back Azpilicueta was a recognized squad player. Zouma had already proven himself at St. Ettiene. The only one who started from the ground up was Ivanovic

Nobody would have thought Courtois would have turned out as good as he did in his years at Atletico. We weren't even the ones to develop him.

Azpilicueta wasn't bought by Mourinho, and when Mourinho did come back Azpilicueta was a recognized squad player. Zouma had already proven himself at St. Ettiene. The only one who started from the ground up was Ivanovic

You are right but that's not what you said in your previous comment :)

Also, Aké is still very young and can prove his talent on loan. Hopefully we'll find him a team that suits him for next season.

Tbf, I think you guys are forgetting that throwing a youngster who hadn't played in a first team match for >2 months into our biggest game of the season so far at Wembley might have been a bit too quick.

And before you bring the "Zouma's 20" argument in, he's also been played for 15 or so apps before that and not against opponents such as Watford, not the same at all imo.

I do think he'll be back next season, hopefully in place of Mikel.