Nathan Aké

James

1 month loan, ridiculous... At least he'll play I guess. He's kinda doomed tbh. Knew it from the moment BOTH Mikel and Matic were unavailable and he didn't get a single minute... It's a shame because I have (had?) really high hopes on him, one of my favourite prospects. José really has to improve on his youngster development.

He is such a talented player. Has excellent reading of the game, excellent technique and strength. It is not even about him regressing. It is more the fact that we just do not give the young players a chance. Hope he makes an impression at Reading and hopefully next seaosn will have a long season loan whre he plays regularly. His brother goes to the same university as me btw.

We offerred him a 5 year contract last season so we obviously see something in him and I hope he shows what he can do because his versatility and abilities on and off the ball is exceptional.

He was an insurance. Just in case an Arsenal-like injury bug hit us as I believe he's a wing back and central mid cover.

Fortunately for chelsea we were not hit. UNFORTUNATELY for Ake we were not hit.

Really? Matic and Mikel were suspended and injured respectively earlier this month and yet what did Mourinho do? Play Zouma - a CB - out of position in DM. Was probably soul-destroying experience to see that happened.

1 month loan, ridiculous... At least he'll play I guess. He's kinda doomed tbh. Knew it from the moment BOTH Mikel and Matic were unavailable and he didn't get a single minute... It's a shame because I have (had?) really high hopes on him, one of my favourite prospects. José really has to improve on his youngster development.

Oh he'll play but how many games to be exact? He clearly won't be 100% fit and considering Reading are not entirely out of relegation trouble yet, would Steve Clarke be patient and give him sufficient game time to get his rhythm going?

He is such a talented player. Has excellent reading of the game, excellent technique and strength. It is not even about him regressing. It is more the fact that we just do not give the young players a chance. Hope he makes an impression at Reading and hopefully next seaosn will have a long season loan whre he plays regularly. His brother goes to the same university as me btw.

We offerred him a 5 year contract last season so we obviously see something in him and I hope he shows what he can do because his versatility and abilities on and off the ball is exceptional.

The funny thing is, had Benitez stayed on as our manager, he might have played regularly in the first team. Benitez appeared to really rate Ake.

So he's going to play in the following fixtures (5 matches) :
Saturday 4th April 2015

Tuesday 7th April 2015

Saturday 11th April 2015

ReadingvBlackburn

15:00

Tuesday 14th April 2015

ReadingvBournemouth

20:00 Wednesday 22nd April 2015

ReadingvBirmingham

20:00

However, he will be back and can't play in this fixture (3 matches) :

Saturday 25th April 2015

ReadingvBrentford

15:00Tuesday 28th April 2015

RotherhamvReading

19:45Saturday 2nd May 2015

Why don't loan him to the end of the season ? I wonder if Chelsea somehow want to use him at the end of the campaign.

Regardless of the broken hearts via Jose's lies, I think he's too frail to play in the 2 man midfield we typically deploy. His frailness seems to lend him agility though so i'd happily have him in a 3 man midfield with more running and passing responsibilities compared to the more disciplined physical role taken up by Matic. If anything he would have been an interesting alternative to Fabregas in games where we're pressing for the entire 90mins, because he'd press better than half our midfielders do currently and also pass better than them too (Ramires, Mikel, possibly Matic?)

There's no gaping hole in our squad to be filled by him, not with our current system; it's a case of trying to fit a talented triangle player into a square hole.

He would do well at Arsenal, or perhaps a team in Germany that's on the ball lots, but not many sides are crying for a player like Ake, because you need a particular playstyle to get the best out of him. Someone like Loftus-Cheek can fit into multiple systems and is thus obviously the safer choice for a manager, and in this day and age it makes no sense to keep 2 youngsters both competing just for a minute on the field, especially when 1 is more versatile than the other, so loaning the less adaptable player is the right choice though it should have been done earlier.

(I think Ake would be really good at Atletico Madrid, for various factors including a less physically demanding league, but that's just a fantasy for me to try out on Fifa later.)

I'm probably wrong, but was he deployed in a 3 man midfield when Benitez was here? Or was he used in a 2 man midfield? If he was and he bossed in that position i'll eat my words.

Regardless of the broken hearts via Jose's lies, I think he's too frail to play in the 2 man midfield we typically deploy. His frailness seems to lend him agility though so i'd happily have him in a 3 man midfield with more running and passing responsibilities compared to the more disciplined physical role taken up by Matic. If anything he would have been an interesting alternative to Fabregas in games where we're pressing for the entire 90mins, because he'd press better than half our midfielders do currently and also pass better than them too (Ramires, Mikel, possibly Matic?)

There is no gaping hole in our squad that can be filled by him really, not with our current system; it's a case of trying to fit a talented triangle player into a square hole. He would do well at like, Arsenal, or maybe a team in Germany that's on the ball lots, but not many sides are looking for a player like Ake right now i think, because you need a particular way of playing to get the best out of him, whereas someone like Loftus-Cheek can fit into multiple systems and is thus obviously the better choice for a manager. (I think Ake would be really good at Atletico Madrid actually, for various factors including a less physically demanding league, but that's just a fantasy for me to try out on Fifa later.)

I'm probably wrong, but was he deployed in a 3 man midfield when Benitez was here? Or was he used in a 2 man midfield? If he was and he bossed in that position i'll eat my words.

Ake is taller and weighs more than Makalele. Way too early to write him off at midfield.

Ake is taller and weighs more than Makalele. Way too early to write him off at midfield.

Makelele was deployed in a 4-3-3 system with 2 players essentially protecting him at a time where his role was entirely unique to the league. Having a smaller player, Makelele, one with the best brain when it comes to his position, in that role is no biggie. Mak is the greatest to grace the league in his position unless you visit an Arsenal forum, his mind was just so far ahead of everyone elses. It's hard to compare a genius of their role with an up and comer like Ake who hasn't even played the same role at all. It would be like holding Izzy Brown to Zidane's light because he played in the hole that 1 time, and then assuming he'll make it because he's taller lol.

There was no writing off at midfield by anyone. Only in a 2 man midfield. 3 man midfields with Ake in them ahead of Matic i'm all for.

Makelele was deployed in a 4-3-3 system with 2 players essentially protecting him at a time where his role was entirely unique to the league. Having a smaller player, Makelele, one with the best brain when it comes to his position, in that role is no biggie. Mak is the greatest to grace the league in his position unless you visit an Arsenal forum, his mind was just so far ahead of everyone elses. It's hard to compare a genius of their role with an up and comer like Ake who hasn't even played the same role at all. It would be like holding Izzy Brown to Zidane's light because he played in the hole that 1 time, and then assuming he'll make it because he's taller lol.

There was no writing off at midfield by anyone. Only in a 2 man midfield. 3 man midfields with Ake in them ahead of Matic i'm all for.

Ake is slim but he is quite lean and handles the phsyical part of the game quite well. It is hard to say how he will adapt to the professional mens game in that aspect however he did not look out of place in our friendlies in the summer and I don't think that is actually a weakness. He obviously is not as strong as RLC but he has the tools to play there.

Mourinho may be a top-class manager but he's pathetic in terms of integrating youth into the first team

I can understand if a youngster simply isn't good enough to be in the team...but I don't think that's the case with Aké..

I can only hope we don't waste Loftus-Cheek by making him sit on the bench next season

Musonda Jr, Anderlecht we're about to play him in their first team at around age 16 (he's 18 atm).

Really that was the case ? There were some talks from Anderlecht coaches you heard of ? Because if that's true Charly was really dump to come here. He'd be like Youri Tielemans now, there'd be talks about his price in that 8 figure region. And now he still plays youth, sometimes even on the bench because physicall players like Brown or Abraham are prefered (which is bullshit) without even perspective of first team. And he's such a special talent ... But at least money was good I guess.

Really? Matic and Mikel were suspended and injured respectively earlier this month and yet what did Mourinho do? Play Zouma - a CB - out of position in DM. Was probably soul-destroying experience to see that happened.

You think Mou made a poor decision? If i remember correctly, chelsea won that game.

Now, should Mou play Ake over Zouma just because of hierarchy? Or is his job to field the best team (not to be confused with fielding the best players)?

You think Mou made a poor decision? If i remember correctly, chelsea won that game.

Now, should Mou play Ake over Zouma just because of hierarchy? Or is his job to field the best team (not to be confused with fielding the best players)?

Not arguing whether Mourinho made the right decision or not. The point was, we had a DM available in reserve to take Matic's and Mikel's place, but instead, Mourinho went for someone who isn't a midfielder to play that role. If you were Ake back then, you would have been very disappointed.

Not arguing whether Mourinho made the right decision or not.

But you did say "Matic and Mikel were suspended and injured respectively earlier this month and yet what did Mourinho do? "

Mou's job is first and foremost to win games. And Chelsea as a club has been notorious for firing managers for failing to win.