Nathan Aké

James

I like how he's not afraid to try making long passes from the deep. He's still 19 so he has a lot to learn from Cesc but his talent is amazing and Jose is seeing that. Hopefully his development will continue and we'll see him even more often instead of John Obi Mikel as a backup of Nemanja!

It's tough to judge someone when they don't play competitive games week in week out. Ake looks to have decent technique and skill but he's not the finished article yet. I think a loan spell in January might do him some good.

He's 19, I would hope he's not a finished product. Loan for what? He's getting minutes and learning here, a loan would do nothing but stall his development.

He's 19, I would hope he's not a finished product. Loan for what? He's getting minutes and learning here, a loan would do nothing but stall his development.

He has hardly played for the first team this season and I don't see him getting a lot of game time unless it's the last minutes of a game we've already won or a match against lower league opposition.

If he can play competitive games for another club, he can develop his game skills and make mistakes that are part of the learning process. Sounds better than sitting on the bench.

Just my opinion.

What I liked the most about yesterday was that he played his game and looked the part even with a non-functioning partner. Cahill didn't dominate proceedings, Mikel was sloppy and Zouma a mixed bag but even with a below par support structure, the teenager looked like he belonged.

I like how he seems to be growing in confidence. Looks a lot more comfortable now than when he first broke through under Rafa. Still needs to improve his decision making which will naturally improve with experience.

• 1 month later...

In Jose's last press conference he did say Ake had a hamstring problem. damaged hammies need at least 3 weeks to mend.

Dang. We seem to have a CM shortage at the moment. Two injured. One suspended and one close to being suspended.

Damn, just when he was most likely gonna get a start in CM or play major minutes in our last Champions League group match.

I swear our youth guys are cursed when it comes to picking up injuries at the worst of times. I remember last year with MvG and how JM wanted him here but he picked up an ACL injury, or with Sturridge for the beginning of the 2012/2013 season when Torres was his only competition. Fucking blows, because i don't know when he'll get major minutes again in the foreseeable future.