Nathan Aké

James

There's not much more the guy can do to get more playing time. It will be interesting to see how much he'll actually play.

I think he will likely go on loan. I think Jose sees him primarily as a defender and not a midfielder and with Iva, Azpi and Luis I don't see him getting much minutes.

That said, good performance tonight and a brilliant assist to top it off.

I think he will likely go on loan. I think Jose sees him primarily as a defender and not a midfielder and with Iva, Azpi and Luis I don't see him getting much minutes.

That said, good performance tonight and a brilliant assist to top it off.

Didn't Mourinho (very) recently say he's competing with Matic and Mikel?

He had a good game, but let's keep in mind that he came on when the game was already decided and he was under no pressure whatsoever. Very nice pass, though.

With Azpi missing 3 games he might get some playing time as a defender.

Didn't Mourinho (very) recently say he's competing with Matic and Mikel?

Nope. He said in the prematch conference for this match that he is a very good LB and even though he does not have the physical attributes and experience of Matic and Mikel he can play there if needed. It was a point related to both Mikel and Ramires being injured.