Nathan Aké

James

I fear we will buy midfielders in summer and this kid will NOT get any chance...

I fear the same for many of our youth talents like Piazon and Josh. Honestly don't think we need much of reinforcements in the summer. A top class striker and a defender is probably all we really need.

I don't think he's that good. Well, not in that deep role and not for us. I expect better dispossession from a 'defensive' player. From what I see he'd be better in a normal central role.

:ph34r:

I fear the same for many of our youth talents like Piazon and Josh. Honestly don't think we need much of reinforcements in the summer. A top class striker and a defender is probably all we really need.

C'mon are You serious? this is not Football Manager - Josh isn't great in second league, Ake is 18 years old, Piazon is still question mark and you want to win Champions League and contender in Premier League with these guys?

C'mon are You serious? this is not Football Manager - Josh isn't great in second league, Ake is 18 years old, Piazon is still question mark and you want to win Champions League and contender in Premier League with these guys?

10 to 15 games for such youth players wouldn't be bad at all.These players need to be given the opportunity to play for the first team more often instead of having their situation predetermined.

This

These 3 haven't done enough to be part of the first team squad yet, however KDB, Courtois and Lukaku had very good loans so they ahead in the peaking order

Really grew into the game yesterday after a few early missteps and has real composure on the ball. Obviously needs a bit more experience and might be one of the first players who has a loan arranged next season but it needs to be akin to Chalobah's where he is playing competitive football in a decent team week in and week out.

If he does stick around then one of the main things he offers is versatility. He's a proper Dutch sweeper-type player although at some point he is going to have to pick a position and stick to it.

Why are people so obsessed with the yoof? We shouldn't play the yoof just for the sake of it. We've left go some decent players over the years (stoch, matic) but players like piazon, ake and josh are never going to make it here and I'm not going to shed a tear.

Why are people so obsessed with the yoof? We shouldn't play the yoof just for the sake of it. We've left go some decent players over the years (stoch, matic) but players like piazon, ake and josh are never going to make it here and I'm not going to shed a tear.

Because the youth are the future of this club, and that's something people care about.

As for your assessment of those three players, I think you're wrong but that's up to you to choose to be wrong. There are plenty of people who have watched these kids over a number of years and believe they've got a good shot at making it at this club and I suspect if they don't they will shed a tear because they've emotionally invested in these kids because they're part of the Chelsea family.

How silly of them. :rolleyes:

The very good @chelseayouth twitter account made a good point yesterday that foreign kids bought in for transfers fees will get more chances because there is more praise for the scouting department/board members than they would receive for local lads coming through. He may not have said it like that but it's what I took from the comments.

Will RLC, Baker, Swift, Kiwomya etc all get the chances Ake and Piazon got? Even Chalobah hasn't made a single appearance for the club and Ake has 6 for the senior team.

Because the youth are the future of this club, and that's something people care about.

As for your assessment of those three players, I think you're wrong but that's up to you to choose to be wrong. There are plenty of people who have watched these kids over a number of years and believe they've got a good shot at making it at this club and I suspect if they don't they will shed a tear because they've emotionally invested in these kids because they're part of the Chelsea family.

How silly of them. :rolleyes:

I read that 4 times and I've still got no idea what you're rambling on about.

The very good @chelseayouth twitter account made a good point yesterday that foreign kids bought in for transfers fees will get more chances because there is more praise for the scouting department/board members than they would receive for local lads coming through. He may not have said it like that but it's what I took from the comments.

Will RLC, Baker, Swift, Kiwomya etc all get the chances Ake and Piazon got? Even Chalobah hasn't made a single appearance for the club and Ake has 6 for the senior team.

The local lads still need scouting and developing so I'm not quite sure I agree. Obviously if there is a fee attached then the club probably has a duty to try and get the most out of them but from my experience the coaching staff treat the kids equally and the players who get a shot are given it on merit.

The financial commitment to someone like Loftus-Cheek will guarantee that he gets chances, but he also happens to be a very good player who probably has the skillset best suited to making the transition to first-team football.

Baker, Swift and Kiwomya probably won't get similar chances but that's primarily down to them not being quite as good/ready. All three of those need loans to Championship/League One clubs first and they'll all need to show something to be considered for a first-team shot.

I read that 4 times and I've still got no idea what you're rambling on about.

Oh well.

The local lads still need scouting and developing so I'm not quite sure I agree. Obviously if there is a fee attached then the club probably has a duty to try and get the most out of them but from my experience the coaching staff treat the kids equally and the players who get a shot are given it on merit.

The financial commitment to someone like Loftus-Cheek will guarantee that he gets chances, but he also happens to be a very good player who probably has the skillset best suited to making the transition to first-team football.

Baker, Swift and Kiwomya probably won't get similar chances but that's primarily down to them not being quite as good/ready. All three of those need loans to Championship/League One clubs first and they'll all need to show something to be considered for a first-team shot.

Oh well.

Fair enough, maybe I'm just being a bit myopic. I did find it strange last season the way Piazon was being hyped up by the club, interviews/pres stuff and even winning young player of the year etc when in my opinion there were more deserving candidates like Chalobah and Feruz. It seemed like a concerted effort to heap praise on Piazon rather than it being merited. Perhaps I'm just looking into things too much.

Just to give this kid more credit, but both goals came from good defensive work by him.

The first goal starts with him playing a one touch ball out of defence to start the break which is key to catching Everton in transition.

The second goal all starts from him putting a strong tackle in on Pienaar, knocking the ball into Mata and then getting the ball back off him before putting it into Torres who then knocks it wide for Oscar to put his cross in. What's more impressive is that he continues to track the play forward and occupies the space about 5 yards outside the box so that if the ball does come out he's ready.

He could be the modern day DM we need. His first instinct always seems to be to defend (he dropped in to cover Luiz and Cahill on a number of occasions) but he's a very switched on player in attack too. I love the effort he puts in. You can easily see why some people have been omitted from recent squads when we have young, hungry talent like this on the cusp.