Nathan Aké

James

On 14/12/2016 at 5:56 PM, -Kaplan- said:

When you look at the physicality of Cahill, Luiz, Terry and to some extent, Azpi, does Ake really belong there? 

His best chance would come at LWB and Conte has said that 3-4-3 was not his first or second choice. He used that formation because of what he had. One would think after two transfer windows, Ake doesn't fit the mould of a Conte player. Even more so after you consider Kenedy. 

I would really consider selling for his, and our sake. Good lad just not Chelsea standard. 

He's almost tailor made for the LCB role and also provides good cover at CM imo. 

1 minute ago, The Skipper said:

He's almost tailor made for the LCB role and also provides good cover at CM imo. 

Do you see him him displacing Cahill anytime soon? Also, don't you think that a defence of Azpi-Luiz-Ake would be weak aerially?

3 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Over who?

Better than Chalobah/Happy. Dont forget Happy is a very handy CM. He ruled ovr Fellaini. And another one over Chalobah - just not sure.

And Ake doesn't strike me as beig patiant so he wont hang round long on the bench.

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Over who?

Better than Chalobah/Happy. Dont forget Happy is a very handy CM. He ruled ovr Fellaini. And another one over Chalobah - just not sure.

And Ake doesn't strike me as beig patiant so he wont hang round long on the bench.

He was given a pecific task in a one off game playing cautious tactics, doesn't mean he will make a full time CM. Infact i have a feeling Zouma will be Conte's Mata, not sure he fits this system atall.

20 hours ago, Tomo said:

He was given a pecific task in a one off game playing cautious tactics, doesn't mean he will make a full time CM. Infact i have a feeling Zouma will be Conte's Mata, not sure he fits this system atall.

Well Tomo, I would even be tempted to say Zouma does not fit our squad in light of the aspirations we have.

Sentimentality put aside, Zouma is a bad ball-player and in regard to tactics he is kind of "raw" — which means he is a "mad dog". Unfortunately, our team is cruelly lacking of technic — lack of or inability to use it (either because of a lack of mobility or of football brain). We are not in a situation where our team is full of technically gifted players which would allow us to adapt a poor ball-player in the team.

Because of this set of reasons, on the medium term, Zouma's futur here will not go further than — I am afraid — the bench. Christensen is considerably better equipped to take Cahill's spot in the team next season. That being said it is not a fatality because he has a good profile to be used as tactical substitute — either during the game or for certain types of games — when we need more muscle.

17 hours ago, the wes said:

Lads what's Ake crossing ability like?? You need to be good at crossing the ball playing left wing-back position 

No you don't. This  widely held, yet wildly inaccurate, idea is a great big fat myth. It's why so many people wrongly believe that Ricardo Rodriguez is a tip-top full-back; they've seen him hit a cross or two on  youTube. 

In the list of attributes required to be a good wing back, crossing ability is rock bottom last of them.

11 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

No you don't. This  widely held, yet wildly inaccurate, idea is a great big fat myth. It's why so many people wrongly believe that Ricardo Rodriguez is a tip-top full-back; they've seen him hit a cross or two on  youTube. 

In the list of attributes required to be a good wing back, crossing ability is rock bottom last of them.

I woulda thunk it would be a major attribute from a WB to be a good crosser.

Surely one of the uses of a WB is to utilize the width of the pitch. So when the WB gets to the top 1/3 the FB comes out to him thus creating space for the attackers and taller players to use. Specially when the bus is parked up.

11 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Rock bottom is an exaggeration. Wide players need to be able to cross, especially if they are playing on their stronger side (i.e. left-footed LWB and right-footed RWB). Remember Bosingwa and how many attacking chances he ruined from good crossing positions? Or Ivanovic from last season? Modern wide defenders aren't that good at defending anyway, so they better have some useful tools going forward and crossing is 100% one of them. Alonso for example is a decent crosser, he's created many dangerous situations by putting in good crosses and it is one detail that has contributed to our much improved performances this season.