test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jim

6. Nathan Aké

Started by Jim,

1,106 posts in this topic
2 minutes ago, Fernando said:

What a waste. 

Should have stayed at his last team. 

No point in bringing him back. 

He's insurance in case Alonso and some defenders got injured. And he's another number for Chelsea's HG roster. That's why he was brought back. Horrible for him but that's football.

Tautvix and Blue-in-me-Veins like this

Not selected for the Dutch squad.

I love Conte but I'm furious he brought back Nathan under false promises. This guy has no future at Chelsea. He will never be a starter and he isn't even on our bench in PL games. He told Ruud Gullit that Conte told him on the phone he's impressed with him and wants to bring him back as a reward. What reward? Playing against L1 or Championship sides in a cup game. Shambles, Conte. Shambles.

Chelsea need to stop with this ridiculous loaning business. Sell Aké back to Bournemouth where he can actually play and while you're at it, sell Kalas and Piazon to Fulham, Van Ginkel to PSV, Pasilic to Milan and so on. These guy's need to get on with their football and their careers. 

manpe, Fernando, Tautvix and 1 other like this

Not selected for the Dutch squad.
I love Conte but I'm furious he brought back Nathan under false promises. This guy has no future at Chelsea. He will never be a starter and he isn't even on our bench in PL games. He told Ruud Gullit that Conte told him on the phone he's impressed with him and wants to bring him back as a reward. What reward? Playing against L1 or Championship sides in a cup game. Shambles, Conte. Shambles.

Chelsea need to stop with this ridiculous loaning business. Sell Aké back to Bournemouth where he can actually play and while you're at it, sell Kalas and Piazon to Fulham, Van Ginkel to PSV, Pasilic to Milan and so on. These guy's need to get on with their football and their careers. 

I doubt Conte ever promised him a first team place. He clearly was a stopgap until the summer unfortunately.

3 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:
3 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

sell Aké back to Bournemouth 

Doing that might come back and haunt us like it did with Lukaku and KDB 

We should do what Real Madrid did with morata do the same with are loanees only if they turn out to cracking players 

Don't forget we have made money from buying players cheap and loaning them out to clubs the like of T.Hazard Bamford papy 

This shit needs to end. And no, not because he's a Dutchie like I am but it's ridiculous business and career-destroying.

I dont think Its strange Conte didnt play him yet, but instead brought him back to be a backup for Cahill and perhaps Alonso. Since Alonso was coping with some injury. And why buy someone in January for Cb/Wb backup when we had the option to recall Ake? Now he can train with our first team and get accustomed to Conte and his tactics and perhaps the way he wants to use him next season. We almost played the entire same starting 11 since we changed the system to 3-4-3. And since we are so close to clinching the title, why change our "winning" team? I see it as a big "pre-season" for Ake, untill the summer pre-season games begin and he will probably get chances enough then as Cahill his replacement or perhaps Alonso even. Sure you can call it a waste that he aint playing now, but he is training with the best Squad in the EPL atm, and we all know what the boy is capable of. And I really believe Conte wants to use him, and knows his potential. Unlike the Batman which probably wasnt Conte buy in the first place. So before everyone claims he wont make it here, or that It is a waste he aint playing untill the end of the season, or atleast untill we wrap up the title considering the "risks" that your putting a boy in a team that has been a well oiled machine since the change of system. Again, Im sure he will get his chance pre-season or if we have spare games left if we win the title early to show he can shine. And knowing our board I doubt we will be splashing cash like the Manchester clubs, and with Christensen returning as well. Most money will go towards a striker(s) / replacement for William / and probably a capable midfielder. So I for one have no doubts or indications that it was a waste to bring him back. I mean, how long did it take Ivanovic to play his first game. Have some faith guys! Again he's training with the best!

Well he must be either that bad that he can't take Moses place when injured and Conte uses Pedro. 

Or conte is like many managers of the past that just don't do youth? 

Or has anybody just considered hes just not good enough to play ahead of Cahill or Pedro? Because I assure you if he was good enough he'd of played in Alonso's place or would have taken Cahill's role as LCB. Harsh realities here, we cant assume every player we have out on loan is going to be a good player for us. Sure we have had exceptions, Christensen will also be in that mold I would imagine but the harsh realities are that playing CB for Bournemouth and Chelsea is two hugely different things. 1) Is he even ready to play for Chelsea? 2) What is his best position, he is able to play CB, LB and DM, that to me is a good advantage for some teams but also a disadvantage because whats his best position? Where do you play him continuously? I'm sure Benitez thought he would be a good option at CDM and Conte probably thinks CB or LWB? 3) He is a home grown player, that is probably the only reason hes back in the squad. 

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Or has anybody just considered hes just not good enough to play ahead of Cahill or Pedro? Because I assure you if he was good enough he'd of played in Alonso's place or would have taken Cahill's role as LCB. Harsh realities here, we cant assume every player we have out on loan is going to be a good player for us. Sure we have had exceptions, Christensen will also be in that mold I would imagine but the harsh realities are that playing CB for Bournemouth and Chelsea is two hugely different things. 1) Is he even ready to play for Chelsea? 2) What is his best position, he is able to play CB, LB and DM, that to me is a good advantage for some teams but also a disadvantage because whats his best position? Where do you play him continuously? I'm sure Benitez thought he would be a good option at CDM and Conte probably thinks CB or LWB? 3) He is a home grown player, that is probably the only reason hes back in the squad. 

The counter argument to that is difficult because he's been fetched back and hasn't even been given a sniff. Like I said in an earlier thread, had he been blooded in since his arrival back even for 20-30 minutes at a time, maybe, just maybe he would of slotted in for Alonso yesterday. Instead, what we had was an emergency situation that nobody saw coming and it was back to square pegs in round holes.

20 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Maybe you're correct, maybe he doesnt fit here ... however if that is the case then why did we recall the player who was doing extremely well at Bournemouth, he was a starter there and getting regular football... more importantly doing well. Recalling him means no sense when we are not going to give him any time on the field. Again he been a home grown player and not getting a single minute makes no sense. 

Stats likes this

6 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

Maybe you're correct, maybe he doesnt fit here ... however if that is the case then why did we recall the player who was doing extremely well at Bournemouth, he was a starter there and getting regular football... more importantly doing well. Recalling him means no sense when we are not going to give him any time on the field. Again he been a home grown player and not getting a single minute makes no sense. 

But also a potential option for depth. I doubt Conte expects anyone to get major injuries but its better to have someone as a back up or to rotate with Alonso/Cahill incase they do. Maybe he overestimated the players level too? I don't know, maybe I'm underestimating his level as well its just a matter of opinion but its clear Ake is thought of highly at club but until I see him doing well in a Chelsea shirt the verdict is still out. Also we sold Ivanovic in January so it was a like for like replacement maybe, both can be a CB or wing back option.

5 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

difficult to say, but perhaps the fact that he's homegrown played a big part when the club needed to find cover for certain positions Ake is familiar with.

Or as far as we know this IS his chance at chelsea! perhaps the club really did think to give him a shot after the many good performances he's had. So, this could be his big break and he might not be impressing the manager enough to get minutes. Or they might be preparing him, letting him bake for next season as suggested above.

It's tough on the player, sure, but it's not easy for a big club to give minutes to aspiring players when every point counts. Doesn't even the FA discourage clubs from heavily rotating in cup matches?

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

But also a potential option for depth. I doubt Conte expects anyone to get major injuries but its better to have someone as a back up or to rotate with Alonso/Cahill incase they do. Maybe he overestimated the players level too? I don't know, maybe I'm underestimating his level as well its just a matter of opinion but its clear Ake is thought of highly at club but until I see him doing well in a Chelsea shirt the verdict is still out. Also we sold Ivanovic in January so it was a like for like replacement maybe, both can be a CB or wing back option.

Come on, mate ... Common sense!!! What is the point in having depth when we are not going to give any minutes to the kid. How does it make a difference if you have 23 players or 22 because for all those who dont get games are just making numbers which has no value. Yesterday was the best example of playing the ones who are not getting chance or who have been brought in for depth  ... I feel Ake could have done a job based on his stints at Watford and Bournemouth. 

Again i m not denying what you mentioned before but it is baffling as to why should we get back a player who is doing well and hardly making the team sheet in here. I m just confused.... 

2 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

Come on, mate ... Common sense!!! What is the point in having depth when we are not going to give any minutes to the kid. How does it make a difference if you have 23 players or 22 because for all those who dont get games are just making numbers which has no value. Yesterday was the best example of playing the ones who are not getting chance or who have been brought in for depth  ... I feel Ake could have done a job based on his stints at Watford and Bournemouth. 

Again i m not denying what you mentioned before but it is baffling as to why should we get back a player who is doing well and hardly making the team sheet in here. I m just confused.... 

Hes making up the numbers obviously!! Ivanovic left so we needed another CB/WB player... so we recalled one. If it was a player to be used in the first team regularly do you really think they would of recalled Ake ahead of Christensen? 

1 minute ago, Robguima said:

difficult to say, but perhaps the fact that he's homegrown played a big part when the club needed to find cover for certain positions Ake is familiar with.

Or as far as we know this IS his chance at chelsea! perhaps the club really did think to give him a shot after the many good performances he's had. So, this could be his big break and he might not be impressing the manager enough to get minutes. Or they might be preparing him, letting him bake for next season as suggested above.

It's tough on the player, sure, but it's not easy for a big club to give minutes to aspiring players when every point counts. Doesn't even the FA discourage clubs from heavily rotating in cup matches?

:)

As i mentioned above what is the point in having one extra player if he is not getting into the team sheet forget minutes because that player's contribution is zero.

The theory that he is not impressing the manager is just too vague for me because both managers have really praised him for his work rate in the last 2 clubs and he is a young lad without any issues. If we are preparing him for next season, my argument would be atleast give him some minutes like Chalobab and Loftus Cheek. 

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Hes making up the numbers obviously!! Ivanovic left so we needed another CB/WB player... so we recalled one. If it was a player to be used in the first team regularly do you really think they would of recalled Ake ahead of Christensen? 

My argument is what's the point in making the numbers!!! I dont know who would they recall Ake or Christensen because end of the day it makes no sense to recall someone and not use him when the need is there. Why didnt we just buy someone in Jan when we knew Ivanovic was moving out instead of recalling?