Joao Moutinho has joined AS Monaco

Do so many people want him because he was good at the Euro, or because he really good with Porto ? Because, it is never a wise thing to sign players only based on what they did in international competitions.

While I agree with that to an extent, Ozil made a massive name for himself in the 2006 World Cup and he's been sensational for Real Madrid ever since. Now I know Moutinho hasn't made the same impact, but his link-up play with Ronaldo & Nani was sensational. With the wingers we've got on our books now, I think someone like Moutinho would be perfect for team balance. Obviously Ozil is an exceptional talent, so I'd be naive to assume the same pattern would occur, but it's a risk that should be considered..

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta stop AVB taking him to Tottenham

To be fair though, who did AVB manage to lure here from Porto? If Porto will play hardball with us, they'll definitely do so with Tottenham. They'll account for the fact the latter has no European football and sell that story to their players.

I think we must forget modric and offer porto 32 mil for this guy. We should never deal with levy. Give porto 70 mil and get moutinho and hulk. Sell malouda , essien , benayoun and merelies

He is worth 32 mil just as modric is worth 36 mil , we need 1 of them and we can sell benayoun and essien

and mierles and lower amount of games lamps plays. thats what would happen if we sign modric or moutinho.

however if we sign *cough fellaini *cough or *sneeze dembele *sneeze then lamps could play more games.

u dont spend 30+ mill on a plauer to ask to play 30 game minimun has to play least 40games

Moutinho can play next to lamps some games, the team will be fresh ,we will have depth, we will be able to change tactics and deal with injuries without weakening the team. Robbie get moutinho and hulk

Exciting player, hard to predict if his style suits the Premier League though. If he is cheaper than £20 I could see him at almost any top club in Europe.

If he is cheaper then 20 quid then surely we will sign him :Goober:

Man u tabled a 20 million bid for him according to The Times...

We should get in there for 25mil - I prefer him to Modric even tho unproven in Prem...

I also think Modric is full of shite, if he had wanted to join us lat year, why didn't he this year, especially as we are now European champs!!!

They sold Carvalho and Ferreira to us in 2004 and that was haf of their defence.

And if I'm not mistaken, they sold Deco that same window, who was one of the best midfielders out there the previous season.