Joao Moutinho has joined AS Monaco

Says who?

I think it's you showing naiveness not AVB...

Any football manager that has money to there disposal, that has been told to win the league, will spend it in an instance.

Ever since this FFP thing has come into say the board have been dealing with all the transfers. I'd lay money that AVB didn't even get a say in the Mata transfer.

Well you'd lose that money. Mata says he had a chat with AVB (before Mata had made up his mind to join Chelsea) where he was told how AVB would use him in the team. He said this was the reason he joined us.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you'd lose that money. Mata says he had a chat with AVB (before Mata had made up his mind to join Chelsea) where he was told how AVB would use him in the team. He said this was the reason he joined us.

Just cos he had a chat with AVB, doesn't mean it was AVB's decision to sign him...

AVB had to tell him he'd use him in the first team, which suggests that the prior negotiations weren't handled by AVB......When do I get my monies

Just cos he had a chat with AVB, doesn't mean it was AVB's decision to sign him...

AVB had to tell him he'd use him in the first team, which suggests that the prior negotiations weren't handled by AVB......When do I get my monies

It seems you didn't read my post. I said Mata stated that AVB was the reason he joined...

What are our chances of getting Moutinho...and do we need him for our midfield?

Chances, i'd say pretty good. We just have to match his release clause which is 30m? can't remember.

Do we need him? definitely. He runs games from midfield, and a very good passer of the ball.

He's also not bad defensively too.

Chances, i'd say pretty good. We just have to match his release clause which is 30m? can't remember.

Do we need him? definitely. He runs games from midfield, and a very good passer of the ball.

He's also not bad defensively too.

Matching his release clause for 30m would just be costly. IF we are to get him, hope it will be less than 25m or better, 20m.

As much as I want him here, we won't pay excess of 40 million for Falcao.

Why not? You know how Roman reacts to top strikers that are available. Maybe some sort of deal with Torres included?

Cavani is more keen on City or Juve...that means Falcao is more possible, especialy if we also snap Hulk and Moutinho.

Cabaye is one. Maybe he isn't world class (yet) but he certainly is a quality midfielder.

I think Newcastle will want in excess of 20m for him now.

Anyway back to Moutinho, 25m would be a perfect fee imo, but it's Porto, so 30-35m it is :P

I think Newcastle will want in excess of 20m for him now.

Anyway back to Moutinho, 25m would be a perfect fee imo, but it's Porto, so 30-35m it is :P

:lol:

Suspecting that Cabaye might have a release clause in his contract. 'Arry mentioned Ba has one in his and heard stories of a 15m release clause in Cisse's contract.