Joao Moutinho has joined AS Monaco

Ive wanted him since 2007, would be a class signing.

He has to be main priority, no point going near Modric again we missed our big chance to get him before Tottenham even did.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moutinho for 20-30m may not necessarily be a bad thing either although anything higher than 25m would leave a sour taste in the mouth. Kinda self contradicting here a bit. :P

Tbh Joao is a bit too....."main stream" for my taste! :lol:

Well not if you're only checking the papers for potential signings. I think we proved we could buy quality players for reasonable prices by signing Romeu, Mata, Cahil and Marin.

We dont know yet if marin is quality!do not expect him to be!

We should've got Modric before Spurs did anyway, somewhere around 2006-2007 before he fucked off to a rival who wouldn't sell for a ridiculous price. It's the club's fault. Train well missed.

Joao Moutinho on the other hand rhymes with Jose Mourinho, so he must be good.

Is there any particular reason behind that?

I have been watching him since he has started playing well for mönchengladbach and i just dont see him getting over his injury problems and living up to the hype he has was given by the german media..He is a player which plays ok when he is in form and bad when he is not! But i hope he will surpirse me but i just cant see it!

I have been watching him since he has started playing well for mönchengladbach and i just dont see him getting over his injury problems and living up to the hype he has was given by the german media..He is a player which plays ok when he is in form and bad when he is not! But i hope he will surpirse me but i just cant see it!

Well I've only watched him a handfull of times and I thoought he always played well when the bar was raised, that is when he played with the national team. I hope you're wrong mate.

I said this last summer and I will repeat it, we NEED to sign this guy and he said if a big club offered for him he WOULD move!!!

He is basically capable of playing as a deep lying playmaker, higher up in advanced positions and even left and right midfield as he has before at Sporting. Even though he plays in the Portuguese league, he is one of the major stand out players in the Porto squad along with Hulk and James Rodriguez.

He may cost about 25 million but I think it is worth it, it will be a good investment as he has his best years ahead of him as he hasn't peaked yet and he has good technique. I'd say he is kind of like Xavi with his footballing intelligence and technique.

The only good thing AVB would do if we kept him, would be to bring Moutinho, Hulk and Falcao. He had philosophy and we would have fuckin great team. Now, question is if one of them will come...It would be nice to see the Porto attacking trio and our defence.

Mikel-Moutinho

Hulk-Mata-Marin

Falcao

:D

The only good thing AVB would do if we kept him, would be to bring Moutinho, Hulk and Falcao. He had philosophy and we would have fuckin great team. Now, question is if one of them will come...It would be nice to see the Porto attacking trio and our defence.

Mikel-Moutinho

Hulk-Mata-Marin

Falcao

:D

That's what cost AVB his job. When Mourinho came he brought Porto players that he trusted. He also bought some other players and immediately began rebuilding the team. He made his mark immediately. AVB however was naive and didn't bring anyone. I guarantee you if he brought Hulk, Falcao and Moutinho with him he would still be here.

Very bold statement.

He could've wanted to bring the world and his dog with him.....Unfortunately it's more up to the board.

The board? You mean the board that Spent 50 MILLION on Torres? That board? Exactly. It's pretty obvious the board were ready to spend but for whatever reason AVB chose not to (other than Mata)

The board? You mean the board that Spent 50 MILLION on Torres? That board? Exactly. It's pretty obvious the board were ready to spend but for whatever reason AVB chose not to (other than Mata)

The board that have bought various other players without even consulting managers. Yes, that board!!!! Unlike most other football clubs, at Chelsea FC, the board decides which players we sign, not the manager. Terrible way to run a club and expect results.

The board that have bought various other players without even consulting managers. Yes, that board!!!! Unlike most other football clubs, at Chelsea FC, the board decides which players we sign, not the manager. Terrible way to run a club and expect results.

Difference was AVB was brought into rebuild Chelsea. So the board and Roman were ready to listen.

Difference was AVB was brought into rebuild Chelsea. So the board and Roman were ready to listen.

Says who?

I think it's you showing naiveness not AVB...

Any football manager that has money to there disposal, that has been told to win the league, will spend it in an instance.

Ever since this FFP thing has come into say the board have been dealing with all the transfers. I'd lay money that AVB didn't even get a say in the Mata transfer.