Joao Moutinho has joined AS Monaco

20m is definitely reasonable compared to those crazy prices porto kept giving us.

Porto must despise us for prizing away every major talent they've produced in the last nine years! Because it's us, we can assume another £10m will be stuck on the asking price.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a loser

If you were working at a company, would you not leave to a company, although only very recently on the way up, will be paying you big bucks?? I don't think its fair to slate any players who wants to get money as their careers are not the lengthiest.

Monaco are going to be title contenders straight away if they pull off the rumours ive heard so far!

french league still sucks though. will be very similar to the spanish league: 2 top teams, 2 or 3 above average teams and then 15 average - below average teams.

If you were working at a company, would you not leave to a company, although only very recently on the way up, will be paying you big bucks?? I don't think its fair to slate any players who wants to get money as their careers are not the lengthiest.

Actually , that is pretty stupid. I mean the comparision you made. Joao had an opportunity to go to Spurs. He could have easily pushed the transfer to go through with a transfer request. He could have been a PL player this season, insted of Lewis Holtby. This is a mercenary type of signing, because come on? Monaco?! You are at fuckin Porto! Porto is a great club, plays awesome football and always signs the best Latin-origined players. And you are going to leave for 20k more to go to Monaco? No my friend, that is a mercenary, and this is what is wrong with today's football.

Actually , that is pretty stupid. I mean the comparision you made. Joao had an opportunity to go to Spurs. He could have easily pushed the transfer to go through with a transfer request. He could have been a PL player this season, insted of Lewis Holtby. This is a mercenary type of signing, because come on? Monaco?! You are at fuckin Porto! Porto is a great club, plays awesome football and always signs the best Latin-origined players. And you are going to leave for 20k more to go to Monaco? No my friend, that is a mercenary, and this is what is wrong with today's football.

Exactly, nothing to do with football. Only money.

Same like Hulk and Witsel to Zenit; Eto'o, Willian to Anzhi, now Monaco. I get it that they're rich and can become a superpower in matter of years but French league is nothing compared to the likes of Bundesliga, EPL, La Liga. If he wanted to prove himself then he'd go to strongest leagues in the world and PERHAPS earn a little less. Money isn't an issue for them at any time in their life even after their career, unless they buy a Ferrari every other day. It's just money. Sad to see them ruin their careers if it's true. Same goes for Falcao.

L'Equipe saying Monaco have agreed deals for all Falcao, Tevez and Moutinho. If that's true and they're going to sign even more top class players, going there won't be just about the money because they will have a team that's capable of challenging for the title and even in Europe within a couple of years. And let's face it, who wouldn't want to live in Monaco? Getting more money than elsewhere is purely a bonus.

Their potential XI if they manage to sign most of their targets:

Falcao

Tevez - Ocampos - Menez

Moutinho Cabaye

Assou-Ekotto - ??? - ??? - Debuchy

Valdes

That's pretty good, isn't it?

The fact he didn't push for a Tottenham transfer and probable pay increase defeats your argument of Joao being a mercenary.

The fact he didn't push for a Tottenham transfer and probable pay increase defeats your argument of Joao being a mercenary.

didnt the move break down because of his wage demands?

It actually doesn't. Because if he wanted to play big football he would have pushed for a move to Tottenham , lowering his wage - demands. Instead of that he decides to stay at Porto, because he wants "to be paid properly" and if the reports are true, he now will be joining Monaco , because they can afford his wages. Excuse me, but that is a bit unacceptable in my eyes.

...There's nothing wrong with wanting to play in Ligue 1... :ph34r: Not everyone needs to play in the Premier League, and not everyone gets offers from the top clubs in Germany/Spain while Italy is on the decline.

It actually doesn't. Because if he wanted to play big football he would have pushed for a move to Tottenham , lowering his wage - demands. Instead of that he decides to stay at Porto, because he wants "to be paid properly" and if the reports are true, he now will be joining Monaco , because they can afford his wages. Excuse me, but that is a bit unacceptable in my eyes.

How is that unacceptable? Maybe he only plays football for money, I see nothing wrong with that. Of course it would be ideal if all players aspire to improve and play at the highest level, but it's still a job for them

How is that unacceptable? Maybe he only plays football for money, I see nothing wrong with that. Of course it would be ideal if all players aspire to improve and play at the highest level, but it's still a job for them

Football is not only a job. If you want a job, study. Football is a passion, a relligion, but we all know that. It's a sport. It's not just an ordinary job, so we can get money from it. When you start playing football, you want to be one of the best, don't you? You can play for the money, but come on, the guy has the money to live better than half of TC combined. Problem here is the greed, not the passion my friend. Let him join Monaco. I really admired him and Miguel Veloso, they were both great at the Euro, but at the end he would probably become another one of those , how do people on forums say it: " Money - grabbing cunt" .

Football is not only a job. If you want a job, study. Football is a passion, a relligion, but we all know that. It's a sport. It's not just an ordinary job, so we can get money from it. When you start playing football, you want to be one of the best, don't you? You can play for the money, but come on, the guy has the money to live better than half of TC combined. Problem here is the greed, not the passion my friend. Let him join Monaco. I really admired him and Miguel Veloso, they were both great at the Euro, but at the end he would probably become another one of those , how do people on forums say it: " Money - grabbing cunt" .

Same goes for nearly every job in the world. You are being way to idealistic about football.