Liverpool vs Chelsea

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't care no more about this game.

After winning the FA Cup, now just focusing on the CL.

However if we can field a lot of youngster I will watch it. Want to see how they do.

So I hope RDM does not takes risk with any players that will play in the final of the CL.

It's nice to know that no one can overtake us aswell, still not nice to lose to Liverpool though.

Lets just play squads what will benefit the CL final, like try and get Ferriera or Sturridge in form, also try and see if Torres can play deeper and play just behind Drogba or something, so we have a better chance against Bayern.

Arsenal, Spurs and Newcastle all slipping up this weekend complicates things. It gives us a small glimpse of hope of a top4 finish but with Munich coming up the question is do we try to win both of the remaining games with the strongest available team and hope for at least two of the other teams challenging for the CL spots to fuck up next week or do we rest key players for the final? A couple of days ago the answer was clear but now not so much. :carlo:

I would probably still play a weakened side in the league games and if we win them then so be it. Two out of Arsenal, Spurs and Newcastle losing points next weekend isn't very likely and it's not like if we play a slightly weakened team we're certain to lose. Mata, Lamps and Cole have to be rested but even without those players we have decent chance of winning both our games.

RDM is great at rotation, so we'll win tomorrow without using everyone who's likely to start in the CL final.

We have somewhat of a chance to finish in top 4 and we should take advantage of it. Going to Munich, already assured CL for next season will relieve the pressure from us.

Assuming we win both our remaining games:

If Arsenal loses against West Brom, we can overtake them

If Tottenham draws/loses against Fulham, we can overtake them

If Newcastle draws/loses against Everton, we can overtake them

So at least two of these three have to happen.