Since the season is coming to a close and we are missing out on top 4....

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should some of the youngsters get a chance against Blackburn and Liverpool?

Seen someone mention this on twitter earlier, do yous think we should give the younger players a chance to get some game time now in the PL since we are not getting top 4 after last nights defeat?

The likes of Lukaku, Lucas Piazon, Bamford, Hutch, Romeu and even Davilla (since hes now back at the club) could do with some sort of experience/more games despite some of them "possibly" not being ready yet. I think in the Blackburn game, Lukaku, Romeu and Sam should start and maybe see Piazon and Bamford get 20 minutes or something if we are winning by a few goals. Also against Liverpool I'm sure Lukaku could get at least 20-25 minutes there and Romeu and Hutch could possibly even start. Plus Bertrand is getting games and doing well now too so we can start him.

Plus if the youngsters get game time, key players would be fresher for the Bayern game, which is actually what I think Bayern are doing as well as they have missed out on the league. Yes we don't have too many youngsters but if the likes of Lukaku, Piazon, Bamford, Hutch, Romeu, Davilla and Bertrand play, it could let us rest Torres, Drogba, Mata, Kalou, Luiz, Bosingwa, Lampard and Ashley so they are in good condition for the CL final.

Anyway thoughts?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is no hope for 4th place by that time, then I see why not. Although against Liverpool we must play with a strong squad, not completely with reserves and youngsters.. because we can't just gift a win to the scum and in that game we'll still have hope for 4th.

No doubt we all want to see the younger lads getting game time but RDM must find the right balance and still put out a strong team in the remaining two league games. Need to make sure we get positive results so that we'll have a good momentum going into the CL final and also keep the players that are gonna start in that final match fit when it comes around.

Absolutely. I think we should play a couple of youngsters and those suspended in the CL final for the remaining league matches. Then add a few first team players like Torres and Sturridge into the mix to see if they can find good form in those games which could be a big help for Munich.

Torres / Lukaku

Ramires - Meireles - Sturridge

Romeu - Essien

Bertrand - Terry - Hutch - Ivanovic

Cech

Against Blackburn start with something like that and then bring on at least Piazon and Chalobah to make their first team debuts. For the Liverpool match I'd start with pretty much the lineup intended for Munich to see how well they play together against a decent opponent.

Absolutely. I think we should play a couple of youngsters and those suspended in the CL final for the remaining league matches. Then add a few first team players like Torres and Sturridge into the mix to see if they can find good form in those games which could be a big help for Munich.

Torres / Lukaku

Ramires - Meireles - Sturridge

Romeu - Essien

Bertrand - Terry - Hutch - Ivanovic

Cech

Start with something like that and then bring on at least Piazon and Chalobah to make their first team debuts.

How could I forget Chalobah in my post, omg :banghead:

With missing 4th spot before ucl final, there will be alot more pressure on players because that match will also decide if we will play i cl next year.

I think Lukaku, Romeu, Danny, Bertrand, maybe Davila and Piazon should play these matches in PL. Maybe recall Josh too?

Dont think there is any chance for us to get 4th, but at least Newcastle should be there, not Spurs.

Dont think there is any chance for us to get 4th, but at least Newcastle should be there, not Spurs.

Yeah, I also fancy Newcastle for 4th ahead of Spurs, but it really wont matter when we win the CL

Cant play all youngsters in that way there will get no vital experience.

The way it should be done next season is alternating their matches around, for example one match Lukaku, the next McEachran and the next Kalou :Goober:

Cant play all youngsters in that way there will get no vital experience.

Yeah I was just about to say this.

While I agree with OP it should be within reason. Especially with our next league game being at Anfield, I don't want us to throw that game for the sake of youngsters getting too much exposure. Whoever loses on Saturday will have a thing to prove!

Lukaku, Bertrand & Romeu are players that should start v. Blackburn and the latter 2 could probably start v. Liverpool. Piazon & Hutchinson should get about 15minutes v. Blackburn and no more.

Some of the players being mentioned will never happen this season no matter how impossible 4th place is. Bertrand/Romeu & maybe Hutchinson because of injury problems could possibly get some minutes. Feruz/Bamford/Piazon and the likes won't.

I'm not sure about the Liverpool game but the youngster need the 90 mins against Blackburn. Blackburn will be fighting with a lot of intensity, this match will show how the lads handle English ferocity.