Marouane Fellaini

Atholy

Fellaini would fit in perfect with Mikel in the double pivot. Also in something like this:

Ramires - Mikel

Fellaini

Mata ----------Hazard

Ba

That's terrible. It's basically the same midfield that everyone seems to have a problem with in Ramires/Mikel. Where's Oscar?

Fellaini is a decent player but he's not needed here. We need true a playmaker in midfield.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's terrible. It's basically the same midfield that everyone seems to have a problem with in Ramires/Mikel. Where's Oscar?

Fellaini is a decent player but he's not needed here. We need true a playmaker in midfield.

we have had great midfields in the past without having a true playmaker.

He played well the other day, but only in the 2nd half when Arsenal had the majority of possession, and Everton were defending deep looking for the counter. Still a very limited player, and this was evident in the first half when Everton had more of the ball. Slow in possession, relies on his physical frame to get him out of trouble rather than his technical ability (or lack of). Caught out of position numerous times resulting in clumsy tackles. Anyone who watches the Belgian national team would know that he's one of the most frustrating players in the team, as Belgium usually have the majority of possession.

We have moved away from the sort of team Fellaini would thrive in, so I wouldn't want him here.

Eh, no its not.

Mata and Hazard can produce enough.

Oscar cant and shouldnt play every game. Our squad is thin. Fellaini would be a great addition. Something like this would probably be optimal

Fellaini - Mikel

Mata - Oscar - Hazard

Ba

Fellaini, Ramires and Mikel to be rotated in the pivot.

He played well the other day, but only in the 2nd half when Arsenal had the majority of possession, and Everton were defending deep looking for the counter. Still a very limited player, and this was evident in the first half when Everton had more of the ball. Slow in possession, relies on his physical frame to get him out of trouble rather than his technical ability (or lack of). Caught out of position numerous times resulting in clumsy tackles. Anyone who watches the Belgian national team would know that he's one of the most frustrating players in the team, as Belgium usually have the majority of possession.

We have moved away from the sort of team Fellaini would thrive in, so I wouldn't want him here.

Sorry dude, but I've followed Fellaini since he first started playing for Standard Liege and I respectfully but wholeheartedly disagree with you. Over the years and in the beginning of this season he's shown a remarkable mix of monster-like power ànd technical baggage. Denying that his holding of possession up front, abilty to pass, score and dribble are at times sublime simply means you haven't watched him play enough or only of late. Match of the day commentators left no doubt about that btw in the beginning of the season. Judging him on his last games is imo unfair,since he's clearly suffering from a lesser form. He's been injured in februari and suffered some bullshit row with his own supporters which might have damaged his motivation. About his role in the NT, there is a reason why Wilmots (coach of Belgian NT) says that a fit Fellaini will always have a spot in his team. That is because a fully fit and motivated Fellaini is a one man army battle tank who makes play for his team-mates a hell of a lot easier. I think intrinsically he's good enough to make any top-team - outside Spain.

I DO agree with you however, that Fellaini is not what we need right now. Not because he's not good enough, but simply because I think we should play LUIZ as a DM :)

Cheers

Eh, no its not.

Mata and Hazard can produce enough.

Oscar cant and shouldnt play every game. Our squad is thin. Fellaini would be a great addition. Something like this would probably be optimal

Fellaini - Mikel

Mata - Oscar - Hazard

Ba

Fellaini, Ramires and Mikel to be rotated in the pivot.

no mikel - buy someone better like camacho

I still think he's a great player and very underrated as a DM, but if we could get someone like Khedira then we should move on from Fellaini. Khedira and a playmaker (maybe Oscar or someone like Modric would be ideal) would be a fantastic pivot and we'd still have Ramires and Romeu to come in, as well as Chalobah and possibly De Bruyne. That is enough for a decent push at the title and Champions League in my opinion.

Sorry dude, but I've followed Fellaini since he first started playing for Standard Liege and I respectfully but wholeheartedly disagree with you. Over the years and in the beginning of this season he's shown a remarkable mix of monster-like power ànd technical baggage. Denying that his holding of possession up front, abilty to pass, score and dribble are at times sublime simply means you haven't watched him play enough or only of late. Match of the day commentators left no doubt about that btw in the beginning of the season. Judging him on his last games is imo unfair,since he's clearly suffering from a lesser form. He's been injured in februari and suffered some bullshit row with his own supporters which might have damaged his motivation. About his role in the NT, there is a reason why Wilmots (coach of Belgian NT) says that a fit Fellaini will always have a spot in his team. That is because a fully fit and motivated Fellaini is a one man army battle tank who makes play for his team-mates a hell of a lot easier. I think intrinsically he's good enough to make any top-team - outside Spain.

I DO agree with you however, that Fellaini is not what we need right now. Not because he's not good enough, but simply because I think we should play LUIZ as a DM :)

Cheers

I don't think I've denied that, nor have I said Fellaini isn't good enough. I'm talking about Fellaini playing as a defensive midfielder, which requires a different skillset to what he's shown as a deep-lying forward for Everton. All I am saying is that in a possession team like ours Fellaini wouldn't be best fit, especially against lesser teams who will play with 10 players behind the ball with us expected to break them down.

He is more suited to a quick and direct counter attacking team, and would very much be a luxury buy as a different option in a more advanced position.

I don't think I've denied that, nor have I said Fellaini isn't good enough. I'm talking about Fellaini playing as a defensive midfielder, which requires a different skillset to what he's shown as a deep-lying forward for Everton. All I am saying is that in a possession team like ours Fellaini wouldn't be best fit, especially against lesser teams who will play with 10 players behind the ball with us expected to break them down.

He is more suited to a quick and direct counter attacking team, and would very much be a luxury buy as a different option in a more advanced position.

I follow what you're saying, but intrinsically I actually think DM is Fellaini's best position. That's also what Wilmots and Fellaini himself think btw. He's simply been used up front by Everton because it's something he can also do,

not because he's a AM by choice or because he's been trained to do so. His ability to intercept attackers, defend on standard situations, tackle and bully the opposition makes him the ideal vaccuum cleaner in front of any defence.

He can also launch text book counter attacks, making him some sort of ultimate box-to-box DM :ph34r: come to think of it, I do want him to join our side :D

Just think about the MC cup game and then decide what our team needs (in such games)... Do you think Jaja Touré would have still had such a field day if he would've had to battle Fellaini time and time again?

Cheerio!

Hey guys, how much do you think Everton would ask for Fellaini? £15, £20?

More i think. They bought him for 20 million euros.

Seeing how he's an important part of their team and he's gained PL experience. Wouldn"t be suprised if they put a 30 million (euros) price tag on his head.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You