Spike

Good to see John Oliver bringing up the issues that no one wants to talk about:

Speaking of, no one is even mentioning the civilian causalities from the "alliance" airstrikes, and there has been plenty. How are they any better than Assad himself?

Good to see John Oliver bringing up the issues that no one wants to talk about:

Speaking of, no one is even mentioning the civilian causalities from the "alliance" airstrikes, and there has been plenty. How are they any better than Assad himself?

Ahh, but theyre ' colateral'. If there are too many theres always the old israeli mantra of 'human shields'

Erdogan's new and effective methods of controlling and censoring the Turkish media:

"President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has been focused on getting major media into friendly hands, using behind-the-scenes pressure to control coverage and muzzle criticism. Arbitrary tax penalties are assessed to force newspapers into bankruptcy—after which they emerge, owned by friends of the president. According to a recent investigation by Bloomberg, Erdogan forced a sale of the once independent daily Sabah to a consortium of businessmen led by his son-in-law. Sabah is now an unofficial government mouthpiece, employing Erdogan’s son-in-law as a regular columnist.

As in many other countries, owning a Turkish newspaper has become a recipe for losing money. Helping to cover the losses of those papers that support Erdogan has become part of the price of doing business for companies seeking government contracts. One journalist aptly described media ownership as a “tax” on Turkey’s largest industrialists. In compensation, the government guides the flow of advertising dollars toward supportive media outlets, and away from opposition outlets."

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/foreigners/2014/10/president_erdogan_s_media_control_turkey_s_censorship_is_less_brutal_but.html?wpsrc=fol_tw

Foreign fighters in Syria by country according to a CIA study:

Bzwv5b5IMAA7jEZ.jpg

Honestly, those estimates are pretty low. I reckon there's a lot more than that.

I have to wonder why its happening? Why people from all over the world are walking away from their lives to join?

They've made it to Baghdad. The next few days are going to be rough.

There is only one rule: Don't touch our flag.

That idiots flown that drone in order to provoke the players and the spectators. Mitrovic had the right to throw that flag away as it's not the part of the game. I feel sorry for the fans who bought a ticket and went to support their team. Shame on those who can't respect sports and mix it with politics.

One more thing: if Spain can't face Gibraltar because of political reasons why can Serbia play with Albania? I think everybody knew there would be some trouble.

That idiots flown that drone in order to provoke the players and the spectators. Mitrovic had the right to throw that flag away as it's not the part of the game. I feel sorry for the fans who bought a ticket and went to support their team. Shame on those who can't respect sports and mix it with politics.

One more thing: if Spain can't face Gibraltar because of political reasons why can Serbia play with Albania? I think everybody knew there would be some trouble.

For wich fans do you feel sorry though? The 3000 Albanians outside who bought a match ticket but weren't allowed in or the Serbian fans who had no problem at all ?

And about Spain and Gibraltar.... Spain has power, Albania doesn't. If Spain refuses to play the competition, it will be a big deal. If Albania refuses, nobody gives a fuck.

For wich fans do you feel sorry though? The 3000 Albanians outside who bought a match ticket but weren't allowed in or the Serbian fans who had no problem at all ?

For any supporters who went there to see football.

For any supporters who went there to see football.

I got arrested for being a 1.90m tall guy with tattoos. Yes, this was the actual reason.

They never intended to let us in at all, they just got our money and then these corrupt fuckers didn't let us in.

Flag of Greater Albania is like the flag of Nazi Germany. Imagine one over Wembley or Stade de France!

http://www.telegraf.rs/sport/1266506-flag-of-greater-albania-is-like-the-flag-of-nazi-germany-imagine-one-over-wembley-or-stade-de-france

I have very little background on this, but that is one of the most biased illogical and poorly written political articles I've ever read!

And about Spain and Gibraltar.... Spain has power, Albania doesn't. If Spain refuses to play the competition, it will be a big deal. If Albania refuses, nobody gives a fuck.

That's bollocks mate. It's nothing to do with power. Azerbaijan and Armenia don't have any power either but they couldn't be drawn together. UEFA (rightly or wrongly) obviously just didn't expect such a stunt to be pulled. Hopefully the prevention of these teams playing each other will be implemented in future to stop this ridiculous spreading of politics into football.

Politics and Sport will not, and can never be separated.

With the rise of Nationalism and the number of nation states doubling since WW2 there will be doubtless very ugly scenes to come unfortunately

Hmm, you can argue that politics have indeed been separated from the premiere league for example.