Spike

19 minutes ago, Spike said:

Well one way to look at it they just have class issues instead of class and racial issues. Hard to be racist when the country is 99.999999% the same ethnicity. :ph34r:

Japan has racial issues. They tend to be intolerant of anyone that isn't full-blooded Japanese.

9 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

Japan has racial issues. They tend to be intolerant of anyone that isn't full-blooded Japanese.

Yes, but as I said when a country is overwhelmingly homogeneous it really isn't an issue. It's kinda like 'if a tree falls in the woods does anyone hear it?'. It's hard for racism to be an issue when everyone is the same race.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Yes, but as I said when a country is overwhelmingly homogeneous it really isn't an issue. It's kinda like 'if a tree falls in the woods does anyone hear it?'. It's hard for racism to be an issue when everyone is the same race.

98.5% :yes:

I get what you mean. I would still say it's an issue, just not one that affects a lot of people. And a country's demographic makeup isn't the only thing to take into consideration as there are a lot of people that visit or live in Japan but aren't taken into consideration when looking at demographics. 

15 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

I get what you mean. I would still say it's an issue, just not one that affects a lot of people. And a country's demographic makeup isn't the only thing to take into consideration as there are a lot of people that visit or live in Japan but aren't taken into consideration when looking at demographics. 

Maybe, but I'm not sure how often tourists are harassed in Japan. It isn't a very crime ridden society, right? So I'd imagine it'd just be the odd rude person and I doubt many people visit Japan outside of Tokyo and Kyoto. Black people and other Asians probably have it worse that Whiteys.

I mean, I got shafted  £50 by a shifty Filipino when I was in the Philippines. I don't think he did because I am white but he knew he could have an easier time getting away with it because I am white. 

The Tory Daily Mail ran four stories today about the suicide bomber, Ron Fiddler aka Jamal Udeen from Manchester who was in Guantanamo,

The Daily Mail was moaning that he was freed from Guantanamo under pressure from Blair and then paid £1m in compensation. He then went to Syria and became a suicide bomber in Mosul this week. The thousands of comments raging under the articles were basically ''hang Blair, woolly fuckin liberals'' etc

Only problem is, they failed to mention he was freed under a campaign by the Daily Mail, and the £1m compensation was sanctioned by Theresa May.

Now they have suspended all comments with regard to the four articles :D

20 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

The Tory Daily Mail ran four stories today about the suicide bomber, Ron Fiddler aka Jamal Udeen from Manchester who was in Guantanamo,

The Daily Mail was moaning that he was freed from Guantanamo under pressure from Blair and then paid £1m in compensation. He then went to Syria and became a suicide bomber in Mosul this week. The thousands of comments raging under the articles were basically ''hang Blair, woolly fuckin liberals'' etc

Only problem is, they failed to mention he was freed under a campaign by the Daily Mail, and the £1m compensation was sanctioned by Theresa May.

Now they have suspended all comments with regard to the four articles :D

lol

Kinda like the time the NYTimes ran an article calling the term 'illegal immigrant' a negative term created by anti-immigration lobbyists in the mid-00s. Turns out the first time the term 'illegal immigrant' was used in the American media was in 1969 by... the NYTimes.

Regarding Yannapoulos, of course I have sympathy for him on a personal level for being a victim of sexual assault, but I'm very happy for his downfall as a public figure.

Yes, those comments he made about 13yos having relations with old men are being blown out of proportion, imo. But this is a man who has said and done far FAR worse and gotten only fame from it, mostly because he didn't have riots shutting down his talks before. 

This is a guy who's called feminism "cancer", who's said that women report sexual assault are only doing so to tell people that someone has hit on them, he's said about sexual assault "if someone's touched your tits, get over it!". He's claimed that all muslims hate everyone, and that the signature "delicacy" of muslim migrants are gang-rapes. He's called BLM the same as the KKK. He's publicly outed trans people and put their names and pictures on screens at his rallies and he's even called homosexuality a psychiatric disorder on several occasions.

So, yeah. I'm quite glad he's less publicly prominent and that his image, and influence, has been been destroyed this week. 

On 2/19/2017 at 9:46 PM, Fulham Broadway said:

Choulo I think you are waaay overreacting -this is the self appointed ''virtuous troll'' who talks about ''mean words''

This one he is taken to task and is quite funny  -honestly he is an arsehole, but if you want to ban this, then its ridiculous.

Bill Maher's show reminds me that famous rap battle parody on youtube. Especially the overreactions of the crowd.

Larry Willmore:I am about to end his career.

Bill Maher:What career?

9 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

Bill Maher's show reminds me that famous rap battle parody on youtube. Especially the overreactions of the crowd.

Larry Willmore:I am about to end his career.

Bill Maher:What career?

That was a classic line

38 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Regarding Yannapoulos, of course I have sympathy for him on a personal level for being a victim of sexual assault, but I'm very happy for his downfall as a public figure.

Yes, those comments he made about 13yos having relations with old men are being blown out of proportion, imo. But this is a man who has said and done far FAR worse and gotten only fame from it, mostly because he didn't have riots shutting down his talks before. 

This is a guy who's called feminism "cancer", who's said that women report sexual assault are only doing so to tell people that someone has hit on them, he's said about sexual assault "if someone's touched your tits, get over it!". He's claimed that all muslims hate everyone, and that the signature "delicacy" of muslim migrants are gang-rapes. He's called BLM the same as the KKK. He's publicly outed trans people and put their names and pictures on screens at his rallies and he's even called homosexuality a psychiatric disorder on several occasions.

So, yeah. I'm quite glad he's less publicly prominent and that his image, and influence, has been been destroyed this week. 

This wave of feminism is pretty cancerous and BLM is full of shit as well.  The rest of the stuff is ridiculous but you cannot deny that this wave of feminism is just misandry and BLM is a hate group.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

This wave of feminism is pretty cancerous and BLM is full of shit as well.  The rest of the stuff is ridiculous but you cannot deny that this wave of feminism is just misandry and BLM is a hate group.

There are feminists that are bat-shit crazy, but feminism, which of course isn't one thing that can be defined or 'practiced' in one way, is more sorely needed that the majority realize. And that's true almost everywhere on earth. In the US it is sorely needed to battle traditional inequality that can be seen in the daily sexual harassment and assault, to battle systemic inequality that can be seen in the wage gap and the inequality from the over sexualization of women in popular culture that's basically psychological warfare against women. Needless to say how much feminism is needed in other areas in the world like our region here.

As for BLM, it's pretty ironic to call them a hate group while we're discussing Milo Yinnapoulas. They're a resistance group first and foremost. Systemic racism in the US is not in any shape or form doubtable, it's factual. BLM is rooted in the resistance of police brutality and system and non-systemic racism. Their resistance is a right. 

13 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

There are feminists that are bat-shit crazy, but feminism, which of course isn't one thing that can be defined or 'practiced' in one way, is more sorely needed that the majority realize. And that's true almost everywhere on earth. In the US it is sorely needed to battle traditional inequality that can be seen in the daily sexual harassment and assault, to battle systemic inequality that can be seen in the wage gap and the inequality from the over sexualization of women in popular culture that's basically psychological warfare against women. Needless to say how much feminism is needed in other areas in the world like our region here.

As for BLM, it's pretty ironic to call them a hate group while we're discussing Milo Yinnapoulas. They're a resistance group first and foremost. Systemic racism in the US is not in any shape or form doubtable, it's factual. BLM is rooted in the resistance of police brutality and system and non-systemic racism. Their resistance is a right. 

The wage gap is a myth, men are also overly sexualised in popular culture (the key difference is that men aren't as affected by 'body shaming' as women are; how many time do you see a big ol' cock in a film as opposed to a vulva?), where is this 'daily sexual harassment and assault'? 

http://college.usatoday.com/2017/02/22/the-factual-feminist-debunks-stats-about-sexual-assault-and-the-wage-gap/

http://time.com/3222543/wage-pay-gap-myth-feminism/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/karinagness/2016/04/12/dont-buy-into-the-gender-pay-gap-myth/#690b4cd64766

http://www.askmen.com/news/fashion/the-sexualisation-of-men-in-advertising.html

http://www.economist.com/blogs/prospero/2016/04/inequality-screen

BLM advocates black supremacy, racial segregation, violence against police, 'protesters' OFTEN attack innocent bystanders because of their race, and they've destroyed private and government property. It isn't a resistance group, it's a mobilised riot that is given legitimacy because of it what says despite what it does. It states to be a 'movement' based on equality, justice and peace but until I see that from the ground up, I refuse to believe it. An army moves only as fast as it's slowest soldiers and BLM's soldiers move very slow.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/special-reports/charlotte-shooting-protests/article105105896.html

http://www.ibtimes.com/black-lives-matter-most-controversial-quotes-statements-2492936

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/437694/black-lives-matter-hypocrisy-cheering-violence

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/pigs-in-a-blanket-chant-at-minnesota-fair-riles-police/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3710701/White-people-march-Black-Lives-Matter-protest-leader-calls-racial-segregation-demonstration-outside-DNC-Philadelphia.html

http://www.nber.org/papers/w22399

https://www.aol.com/article/2016/07/27/black-lives-matter-protestors-segregate-media-by-race-at-democra/21440131/

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/29/us/black-lives-matter-blowing-it/

http://www.phillyvoice.com/video-black-lives-matter-organizer-tells-white-people-get-back/

9 hours ago, Spike said:

Well one way to look at it they just have class issues instead of class and racial issues. Hard to be racist when the country is 99.999999% the same ethnicity. :ph34r:

Its hard to move forward without proper representation though.

There are places in downtown Tokyo, in plain sight, which flat out won't let in people of a specific ethnicity. Written in plain english. This wouldnt be allowed in downtown Berlin, with signs today, or even 10 years ago from reading about it.

7 hours ago, kmk108 said:

Big issue. When there are Koreans in Japan, who proudly would wear the flag or North Korea/represent them in the world cup, then there is clearly an issue. Especially when the official north korean view on Japanese people are that they are actual demons:lol:.  You must be experiencing that true grade USDA 100% racism for you to see that, and view the society you grew up/live in, and say "Thats about right".

5 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Its hard to move forward without proper representation though.

There are places in downtown Tokyo, in plain sight, which flat out won't let in people of a specific ethnicity. Written in plain english. This wouldnt be allowed in downtown Berlin, with signs today, or even 10 years ago from reading about it.

Big issue. When there are Koreans in Japan, who proudly would wear the flag or North Korea/represent them in the world cup, then there is clearly an issue. Especially when the official north korean view on Japanese people are that they are actual demons:lol:.  You must be experiencing that true grade USDA 100% racism for you to see that, and view the society you grew up/live in, and say "Thats about right".

Why should any nation have representation in another? Japan (or any nation) shouldn't become multicultural for the sake of representation.

That is terrible, but how many people does it affect? Yeah, it's shitty if you happen to be apart of that 1.5% but my heart doesn't bleed as much compared to an issue like Kurds in Turkey. If I go to city in Serbia and stand in the town square and scream 'I HATE NIGGERS!' it doesn't hurt anyone because there is no one around to hurt. It's still racist as anything else but there hasn't been a victim. I agree with you that they shouldn't be racist but I don't think have to be especially when they are a homogeneous society. People choose to visit and I know I wouldn't if I knew they were a bunch of racist a-holes.

Berlin is different to Tokyo. Japan is a nation that has been homogeneous and cut off from the rest of the world for nearly the entirety of it's existence whereas Germany has different ethnic group for thousands of years, from Saxon, Alpines, Franks, Poles to the east, Italians to the south, ad nauseum. It is the centre of a cultural and ethnic hub; which is something Japan has never been.

5 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

Also, RE Bill Maher being 'on the left' here's 7 minutes of him being a bigot:

I remain shocked how Maher became a mouthpiece for liberalism. I remember when I was a kid he hosted an unfunny comedy show on ABC that would talk about the droll that was American 90's politics. We got to the 00's, and him waxing lyrical about how brave Muhammed Atta was led to him being canceled quickly. 

He has taken down milo, but it remains to be seen if this also sinks him(once again)

8 minutes ago, Spike said:

Why should any nation have representation in another? Japan (or any nation) shouldn't become multicultural for the sake of representation.

That is terrible, but how many people does it affect? Yeah, it's shitty if you happen to be apart of that 1.5% but my heart doesn't bleed as much compared to an issue like Kurds in Turkey. If I go to city in Serbia and stand in the town square and scream 'I HATE NIGGERS!' it doesn't hurt anyone because there is no one around to hurt. It's still racist as anything else but there hasn't been a victim. I agree with you that they shouldn't be racist but I don't think have to be especially when they are a homogeneous society. People choose to visit and I know I wouldn't if I knew they were a bunch of racist a-holes.

Berlin is different to Tokyo. Japan is a nation that has been homogeneous and cut off from the rest of the world for nearly the entirety of it's existence whereas Germany has different ethnic group for thousands of years, from Saxon, Alpines, Franks, Poles to the east, Italians to the south, ad nauseum. It is the centre of a cultural and ethnic hub; which is something Japan has never been.

Representation leading to greatness is definitely a reason it should be though. Japan was at her greatest, in my opinion, when there was distinct outside representation. From the Western Industry forged by Commodore Perry opening her up, and from Chinese heritage which we all share.  There is a reason every Japanese baby has a government name in Chinese characters. You cant separate the motherland from her child. If a place in Tokyo does not let in Chinese people it hurts all Japanese people because that Chinese bond is one of the things that actually makes them Japanese.

Berlin, presently, is only different in Tokyo in that they have allowed themselves to grow past a point where things are not acceptable. Germany has advanced to this level, past Japan, since 1945 because they made an effort to do so, while also remaining the top of the food chain in their region. Japan has not only let this opportunity past, but is no longer the big dog in their region thanks to failed economic policies. A complete failure culturally and economically compared to the germany of today.

7 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

I remain shocked how Maher became a mouthpiece for liberalism. I remember when I was a kid he hosted an unfunny comedy show on ABC that would talk about the droll that was American 90's politics. We got to the 00's, and him waxing lyrical about how brave Muhammed Atta was led to him being canceled quickly. 

He has taken down milo, but it remains to be seen if this also sinks him(once again)

Representation leading to greatness is definitely a reason it should be though. Japan was at her greatest, in my opinion, when there was distinct outside representation. From the Western Industry forged by Commodore Perry opening her up, and from Chinese heritage which we all share.  There is a reason every Japanese baby has a government name in Chinese characters. You cant separate the motherland from her child. If a place in Tokyo does not let in Chinese people it hurts all Japanese people because that Chinese bond is one of the things that actually makes them Japanese.

Berlin, presently, is only different in Tokyo in that they have allowed themselves to grow past a point where things are not acceptable. Germany has advanced to this level, past Japan, since 1945 because they made an effort to do so, while also remaining the top of the food chain in their region. Japan has not only let this opportunity past, but is no longer the big dog in their region thanks to failed economic policies. A complete failure culturally and economically compared to the germany of today.

He didn't really do anything to take down Milo. Some foundation found archival footage from about a year ago and used it to character assassinate him. I don't particularly care about Milo (he does entertain me) but it is pretty sus how the whole incident occurred. I dont' agree with Milo on a lot but I think it's dastardly to paint someone as a 'paedophilia advocate' when it simply isn't the truth; and that is all I care about, the truth. 

I guess it's all about checks and balances. The Western Roman Empire fell due to unchecked and poor immigration policies that led to it being from the inside out, and I suppose Japan's economic collapse is due to austerity in the face of other nations. The loss of cultural identity must be prevented but also stagnation of culture.