Spike

On 2/8/2017 at 9:16 PM, Fulham Broadway said:

Trump-  ''so obnoxious , karma might see him reincarnated as himself'' Frankie Boyle

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/08/donald-trump-obnoxious-karma-reincarnated-as-himself-frankie-boyle

I read that yesterday, The part about Melania waiting for stockholm syndrome to set in had me almost in tears. Only Frankie Boyle can come up with such brilliance :lol: 

On 2/8/2017 at 9:48 PM, Spike said:

I hate it when comedians foray into political journalism and abandon their main ability; 'comedy'. I'll be dead and buried when Frankie fucking Boyle actually has any moral integrity to chastise anyone on ethics and morality.

Weird. I don't like comedians who stay away from politics and social issues. Their acts just seem hollow and empty of any real material. Comedy is nothing if not a social and political critique.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy ordinary jokes, I just don't think of it as comedy.

Also, Frankie Boyle has the moral high ground literally on everyone in politics. 

3 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

Weird. I don't like comedians who stay away from politics and social issues. Their acts just seem hollow and empty of any real material. Comedy is nothing if not a social and political critique.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy ordinary jokes, I just don't think of it as comedy.

Also, Frankie Boyle has the moral high ground literally on everyone in politics. 

I didn't say that. I said political journalism. 

23 hours ago, kmk108 said:

What too many people don't take into account is that they're satirists. The things they're making jokes on don't have to tell the whole truth because their main point is to make a joke. Sometimes they bring up good points, sometimes they're just after laughs. They can take a stance on something, but all comedians take sides on issues.

I'll give you Colbert as a satirist, not the others. They just play themselves and skew everything from their perspective, it gets kinda old when they are so biased.

5 hours ago, Spike said:

I'll give you Colbert as a satirist, not the others. They just play themselves and skew everything from their perspective, it gets kinda old when they are so biased

Are there any right wing comedians -apart fromTrump ?

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Supporting Hitler, Oswald Moseley and the Blackshirts is a bit more than a 'toryade', :D (whatever toryade is)

Hitler in the beginning was seen as a benign folkloric figure.
One could even mimic him on stage.
It's true. Even Charlie Chaplin in the Dictator did not believe in his military strength. In the film it is suggested that Benito Mussolini is the strongest of the two allies.

6 hours ago, Spike said:

Well you were talking about Frankie Boyle; I don't think anything he's ever done classifies as journalism. 

Neither did Stewart or does Colbert. If people choose to take their news from their shows instead of papers and news channels says more about the state of main stream media.

As for John Oliver, I'm not his biggest fan, but he still does better journalism (not great but still better) than the majority of actual journalists. 

None of Oliver, Stewart or Colbert would be as successful and popular if it weren't for the massive gap in the quality of actual journalism and news reporting that's begging to be filled.

8 hours ago, Spike said:

Writing a column in the Guardian is hardly political journalism. David Mitchell ( British comedian) writes one as well you can't ignore the big issues of the day. British comedians have a history of satire going back to the early 60's with Beyond the Fringe with my comedy hero Peter Cook.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/27/who-else-might-donald-trump-want-hire-for-the-uk-nigel-farage-ambassador

2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Are there any right wing comedians -apart fromTrump ?

Don't know if you heard about that geezer Andrew Lawrence F.B he came out as a UKIP supporter. There was a Sky documentary about him called The Outcast.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/dara-obriain-reacts-to-bitter-self-delusional-andrew-lawrences-comments-about-balding-fat-comedians-9823733.html

40 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Don't know if you heard about that geezer Andrew Lawrence F.B he came out as a UKIP supporter. There was a Sky documentary about him called The Outcast.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/dara-obriain-reacts-to-bitter-self-delusional-andrew-lawrences-comments-about-balding-fat-comedians-9823733.html

OK  are there any funny ones ? :D

Just now, Fulham Broadway said:

Some psychiatrist was analysing old Trumpy and said he had a narcissistic disorder, and no sense of humour  -perhaps a trait in right wingers

Well they always seem to have the hump and never seem happy or content despite having lavish lifestyles.

Daily Mail has deleted that hackers' splash page, but here you can see it:

http://www.yeniakit.com.tr/haber/turkiye-dusmani-daily-maile-turk-soku-100-yillik-korku-pesinizi-birakmadi-275042.html

The comments of this Turkish site in English are:

The Spyhackerz Hacker Group, which organizes cyber attacks against the countries that are hostile to Turkey, has targeted the British newspaper The Daily Mail, which is the enemy of Turkey. Turkish hackers shut down access to the Daily Mail's site and obtained information about 500,000 members, along with all the information about the site.
The Spyhackerz Group warned Britain that this nation knew its secret enemy towards Turks and Muslims, and announced that all of the British sites were among the targets.

The Daily Mail site is obsolete.
One day it was down due to technical reasons - no hacking, and the error page it was taking us to was an ancient one, Explorer 1995.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has stated… 

“Jerusalem is not a settlement.”He believes and is correct that the historical connection between the Jewish people and the city of Jerusalem, and the land of Israel cannot be denied. Netanyahu has insisted, “The Jewish people were building Jerusalem 3,000 years ago and the Jewish people are building Jerusalem today. Jerusalem is not a settlement. It is our capital.” 

Many people such as the Palestinians believe Netanyahu is profoundly wrong, and East Jerusalem does not belong to the Jews. 

In government, under the Obama administration, Secretary of State John Kerry, pushed for the “two-state” solution. They wanted to divide Israel and envisioned an independent “State of Palestine” alongside the “State of Israel,” west of the Jordan River. The boundary between the two states is still subject to dispute and negotiation, with Palestinian and Arab leadership insisting on the “1967 borders”, which is not accepted by Israel. 

The territory question is always whether the Palestinian territories can become an independent state and how to resolve years of violence that include the Israeli occupation of the West Bank, the partial Israeli blockade of Gaza and Palestinian violence against Israelis. 

Both sides claim Jerusalem as their capital and consider it a center of religious worship and cultural heritage. The two-state solution typically calls for dividing Jerusalem into an Israeli West and a Palestinian East. The problem is, Jewish, Muslim and Christian holy sites are on top of one another. It appears the conflict will never end. 
At Prophecy in the News, we have just received a fascinating new DVD titled:

Israel Indivisible: The Case For The Ancient Homeland

https://prophecyinthenews.com/booksto...

From Abram and the Promise, to the fall of the Ottoman Empire, this extraordinary, one hour and 20 minute documentary film examines the historical, archaeological, legal and biblical evidence for the ancient and modern state of Israel. 

For those who love the Holy Land, but are confused by the turmoil we see in our daily news, you need to see this film. Find out if the Jewish people are truly the legitimate heirs of this land. 

It is one of the best documentaries on the history of Israel, from the ancient times to the present, ever made. It is remarkable what this nation has had to endure over the centuries.

http://www.prophecyinthenews.com

12 hours ago, Spike said:

I'll give you Colbert as a satirist, not the others. They just play themselves and skew everything from their perspective, it gets kinda old when they are so biased.

Satire doesn't always involve playing a pantomime of something. They're all considered satirical news, because the main focus of the show is to get laughs.

You think it gets old because every show makes fun of your ideals. They are biased because they are appealing to a certain demographic of people, because they're job isn't primarily to spread news, it's to make jokes based on the news. Similar to what Chuolo said, the fact that their satirical nature isn't blatantly obvious says more about actual news sources.The audience of Comedy Central isn't conservatives. It's liberals. Comedy's audience is more liberal than conservative.