Spike

5 hours ago, Fernando said:

Wow that's a good analysis. So then according to that we are much warmer but it's out of the norm. 

Like warming up is normal but not at this rapid pace as blue armor mentioned. 

Now I'm curious, does such a thing exists for the sun? 

Certainly we can account for some change in weather because of human in this industrial age. 

But can the sun also be accelerating this trend? Are we able to measure the sun output of heat say the last 1000 years? 

We can measure the sun temperature with even greater accuracy because in many ways it's simpler than predicting that of a planet. Our sun is getting hotter and it will keep on doing so while expanding until it turns into a red giant and starts cooling off.

But the changes in the sun are too slow to be seen in hundreds or even thousands of years. You have to remember that our sun is 4 billion years old and it will be at least another 5 billion years before it starts turning into a red giant. 

The main cause of the current climate trend (not weather, not even global climate in a single year) is not a scientifically interesting question, because it incredibly obvious. You don't even need to be a scientist to deduce it:

graph-showing-that-rising-levels-correla

Global temperatures move almost identically as CO2 levels. Increasing CO2 levels due to the burning of fossil fuels are the number one contributor to climate change. Exxonmobil themselves knew this back in the 70s because science does not care about political partisanship nor economic systems. 

The thing about climate change is that most people's ideas for 'saving the planet' are just platitudes.Quite simply put, it is much easier to talk of living a pre-industrial society than actually doing so. The only solution that is even remotely plausible today is nuclear power, but that has an incredible social stigma due to Chernobyl and pop culture.

not sure on the political context as it were, but this is in sweden, pretty funny, have your volume up

as for the climate change issue, it's difficult to see what can be done, but as for improving the enviroment, loads can be done, Don't want to sound arrogant, but if I was in charge of it in England,  I could get a lot of things improved

1 hour ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Looks like The Trump Administration is moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem. Jerusalem to be officially recognized as the capital of Israel?

As it should be. 

They are the rightful owners of that land. 

UN is a farce 

18 hours ago, Spike said:

The thing about climate change is that most people's ideas for 'saving the planet' are just platitudes.Quite simply put, it is much easier to talk of living a pre-industrial society than actually doing so. The only solution that is even remotely plausible today is nuclear power, but that has an incredible social stigma due to Chernobyl and pop culture.

You are actually very soft in your words Spike because the number of people who are talking about reverting back to a pre-industrial society amounts to next to zero.

On the other hand, the vast majority of people that "fight" to "save the planet" are overwhelmingly people that embrace entirely the Society of Consumption. But the problem for them is that we are living in a world dominated by American paradigms and the Political Correctness is one of the most important of them. It means that, for instance, you can drop bombs over seven countries and kill thousands of muslims, yet if you make nice speeches about peace, it will be enough for people and they will considere you as some sort of heroic peace bringer — on the contrary, if you say something non PC about muslims you will be considered as the next Hitler even though you have never killed one of them.

It is the same with ecology and the climate change. You can overuse your mac & your ipad & your iphone then listen to music on your fancy stereo, sipping from a drink with ice cubes coming from your huge american fridge while chilling in your house and enjoying the cooled-down air from the air-conditioner. You can also travel the world in a highly polluting plane in order to showcase on social media how hype you are and how you are "culturally elevated" as you visit other cultures. And finally you can wear yourself with clothes made in China and eating meat that comes from New-Zeland while eating fruits from some other places.

All of that is perfectly fine — you can burn incredibly huge amounts of energy the day as long as the night you log in on twitter and shove down people's throat how much you are an ecologist, then everything is fine.

This is basically what are doing the people that contortion themselves over the fact that Trump is dropping the climate change from US policies. Through which medium all of those twitter activists are venting their outrage ? That's right, from a computer or a smartphone or an ipad — or even better for the most "connected" of them, from the three. Those people are an integral part of the problem, just as much as those with their big Jeep.

And if you notice their demands, they are not demanding to people to drop their way of life — the High Consumption is too comfortable to be dropped. And not only they are not asking that, but they are demanding governments to raise the power of consumption of people who don't have the possibility to burn a lot of oil.

The most interesting is how those people manage to reconcile their need for huge energetic consumption and their need to have a good public image. The trick is pretty simple : they delegate their responsibility to their governments and to big companies. As I said, those people do not wish to lose their little comfort. They thus demand to their government to magically fix things and to come up with a solution to keep their consummaritary way of life while buring "clean" energy ; and as long politicians did not come out with the magic idea that ends all problems, those very same people will yelp — while sitting in their air-conditioned home —  that Exxon are polluters.

Bioenergy is a long way to be able to sustain our needs in energy wich are rising exponentially each and passing day — yet people want to consume. So while they are so proud of themselves to protest against big polluters and to """fight""" — only in words — to save the planet, there are people out there that have to come up with solutions to satisfy those people's need in energy (otherwise they will riot). And that solution is inexorably.... OIL — and for Americans specifically, it is SHALE OIL. Those hypocrites can criticize Trump all they want, but their way of life is requiring to use polluting industries and energies.

All those hypocrites of twitter activists that enjoy to act as if they were a special breed have to realise that their way of life requires to burn gigantic amounts of oil. Their way of life has a cost — a huge cost. Those White Knights have to choose : either they understand they are an integral part of the problem and that what is polluting is their way of life and not the petrol and thus they finally change how they live ; or they should simply shut the hell up because their moral crusade is very annoying and aside from a few 'likes' on the internet, it is non productive.

Great point. 

The hypocrisy is great, these people don't care about the climate or climate change at all. 

All they care about is money. And pushing climate change will enable them to put taxes and such for company and people a like for such things. 

All the more they could care less as your examples show. 

If we want to save the planet then the best thing to do is an EMP on the entire world. Take us back to the stone age and then we can't mess the planet up with our technologies. 

When Trump was elected, I was thinking/hoping his crazy remarks and attitude would calm down once he was president. I wanted to give him a chance, because there's nothing I can do about it. It's taken all of one weekend for me to worry about him.

8 hours ago, kmk108 said:

When Trump was elected, I was thinking/hoping his crazy remarks and attitude would calm down once he was president. I wanted to give him a chance, because there's nothing I can do about it. It's taken all of one weekend for me to worry about him.

I'm happy that at least we got some Christian values. That was lost with the Muslim Obama. And that we have some pro Israel people as well. 

But then again actions speak louder then words. So we shall see what are his actions. So far it's just words, praying in the name of Jesus reading the Bible are nice, but that's just lip service if the actions don't match. 

12 hours ago, Fernando said:

I'm happy that at least we got some Christian values. That was lost with the Muslim Obama. And that we have some pro Israel people as well. 

But then again actions speak louder then words. So we shall see what are his actions. So far it's just words, praying in the name of Jesus reading the Bible are nice, but that's just lip service if the actions don't match. 

To be honest, this post shocks me. Trump is sure the picture of Christian values isn't he? :lol:

And as I said earlier, I don't want religion in my government. Someone could worship a toy truck for all I care. If he knows how to run the White House, that should be the only thing that matters.

2 hours ago, Fernando said:

Of course, remember actions speak louders then words. 

Surely that was just a conspiracy theory -but even by a wild stretch if true that means he believed in Jesus as that was Allahs messenger ?

3 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Surely that was just a conspiracy theory -but even by a wild stretch if true that means he believed in Jesus as that was Allahs messenger ?

Well the Jesus of the Muslim belief is different. He is more like a prophet to them. 

Because the Jesus of the bible is God. That's a blaspheme for Muslim. 

So that's a major hole in those that say that "we all serve the same god". And that's no because my God is Jesus. Jews don't believe in Jesus and Muslim only god is Allah who has no son.