Spike

5 hours ago, kmk108 said:

So many incidents of Trump supporters harassing and assaulting minorities. This is what happens when you fuel the mouth breathers.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/10664/video-trump-voter-dragged-his-car-and-beaten-gang-chase-stephens#

happening on both sides

And this is another reason I voted for Trump and not Clinton:

LGBT Rights Activists Fear Trump Will Undo Protections Created Under Obama

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/10/501610933/lgbt-rights-activists-fear-trump-will-undo-protections-created-under-obama

Hecks yeah I would love that. Me being a bible believing Christian I'm against Homosexual marriage. 

And evangelicals Christian needed to make their vote count. 

39 minutes ago, Fernando said:

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/10/501610933/lgbt-rights-activists-fear-trump-will-undo-protections-created-under-obama

Hecks yeah I would love that. Me being a bible believing Christian I'm against Homosexual marriage. 

I'm a Christian. I don't care whether gay marriage is legal or not, I think people should be happy with what they feel like doing with their lives. What I don't like is when a clerk of a state or counties exercises his or her religious rights by not approving what he/she doesn't feel good doing, he/she is sued and sympathy will always fall on the side of the "oppressed". What I don't like is if I own a business store and I refuse to sell to a customer for personal reasons, I am sued for being anti-gay. That is not fair. People should respect the religious freedom which the Constitution clearly states. 

I've seen protests everywhere, people are burning American flags, destroying cars, beating old people who voted Trump and are justifying it using this note that Clinton won the popular vote so the election wasn't fair. But she won by just about 200,000 votes and people forget that 17 million people voted in just California and New-York alone,  where she won about 70 percent of the vote in the two states. So if people want only the popular vote to count then damn, any candidate just needs to campaign in the populous states and forget about the needs of the rest of the other states in America. That's complete rubbish and that's why electoral votes were created to prevent votes skewed in people's favor like that. 

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

I don't care about lgbt rights , but this would be a bad move imo.

2 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

BY FAR the best thing I've heard about this whole thing:

More than anyone the left is responsible for Trump and Brexit and the entire shit towards extreme right in the world. 

I didn’t see this before. This is a fantastic video and anyone who didn't watch it should try.

The left have gotten lazy, they don't want to debate issues anymore. Anyone who is against their views is a racist, sexist, bigot, islamophobic and that is the end of the discussion. 

There is clearly an immigration problem in America, and Trump said he's going to build a wall, he's going to deport ILLEGAL immigrants. Instead of democrats to come out with a better plan to an obvious problem, like strengthening the borders or have checks, they call everyone that wants the immigration problem solved racist, bigot, islamophobic and mention all those "phobic" and "ist" terms while completely ignoring that there is a problem in the first place. 

I was struggling to find her ideas on what she wanted to do, the change to current problems and all I heard was "at least I'm better than Trump" and that isn't good enough. 

Then to make matters worse, they throw away a honest and passionate candidate like Bernie Sanders (who I like) and threw all their support behind clinton (proved from the email leaks on how the DNC influenced things)

Clinton who called Trump supporters deplorables. What was she thinking?? How is she going to convert those supporters over to her side after insulting them like that??

This is a woman who told wall Street in a speech to speak differently in public from what you want to do in private. How can the people trust her??

She receives donations from Saudi Arabia, wall Street corporate organisations and many other dodgy firms and people like George Soros. How can you vote and feel that she is the one running the country and not those dodgy firms and people??

All these people protesting should direct their anger to their party leadership, who stole a candidate like Bernie Sanders who would have fought for their values honestly. 

6 minutes ago, positivefootball said:

Where? Mexico? Iraq? Saudi Arabia? Nigeria?

Looking at Canada right now. Express entry could have me settled there as a permanent resident in a few months given my experience and skills.

3 hours ago, Fernando said:

But how do other peoples choice to get married affect you at all?

its not your life. 

3 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

I'm a Christian. I don't care whether gay marriage is legal or not, I think people should be happy with what they feel like doing with their lives. What I don't like is when a clerk of a state or counties exercises his or her religious rights by not approving what he/she doesn't feel good doing, he/she is sued and sympathy will always fall on the side of the "oppressed". What I don't like is if I own a business store and I refuse to sell to a customer for personal reasons, I am sued for being anti-gay. That is not fair. People should respect the religious freedom which the Constitution clearly states. 

I've seen protests everywhere, people are burning American flags, destroying cars, beating old people who voted Trump and are justifying it using this note that Clinton won the popular vote so the election wasn't fair. But she won by just about 200,000 votes and people forget that 17 million people voted in just California and New-York alone,  where she won about 70 percent of the vote in the two states. So if people want only the popular vote to count then damn, any candidate just needs to campaign in the populous states and forget about the needs of the rest of the other states in America. That's complete rubbish and that's why electoral votes were created to prevent votes skewed in people's favor like that. 

As a public official, your job is to carry out the laws of the state. If that state allows something that you don't agree with you can either bite your tongue and deal with it or quit. Your first amendment rights don't apply when you are at work. When you're on your own time, you can be as anti-gay as you want, but when you're carrying out the laws of the state, you have to obey them. When on the job, you are the government, and denying something like same-sex marriage then is an act by the government, something that is prevented by the establishment clause.

as far as a private business, go ahead and refuse business. I don't know the legal recourses in states that allow this, but I would hope that those businesses burn to the ground.

29 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

As a public official, your job is to carry out the laws of the state. If that state allows something that you don't agree with you can either bite your tongue and deal with it or quit. Your first amendment rights don't apply when you are at work. When you're on your own time, you can be as anti-gay as you want, but when you're carrying out the laws of the state, you have to obey them. When on the job, you are the government, and denying something like same-sex marriage then is an act by the government, something that is prevented by the establishment clause.

First of all, I'm not a gay hater. I respect their values, it's not easy for them.

Fair enough that if you work for the government you must abide by the law Obama and the 9 supreme Court judges alone enacted on the country. They would be better off working in an environment that they feel comfortable with or in another state which didn't abide by the Obama law like Indiana. 

as far as a private business, go ahead and refuse business. I don't know the legal recourses in states that allow this, but I would hope that those businesses burn to the ground.

Something happened in a state in US where a gay couple wanted to buy a cake, but they knew that the owner of the store is a devout Christian. They went to order the cake and requested they write on the cake: "F**k Jesus, I'm gay"

Now why would they do that except to provoke someone, so the owner didn't oblige and he was sued for millions and accused of being anti-gay. 

The point I'm making is there is a huge flaw in the law if that's what it takes to make millions, it's complete rubbish. It's not easy for gays but you don't need to demean others just to raise up the gays.

The last line is another reason why Trump won, but that's a topic for another time. 

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

They do when we get sued for not wanting to married them.....

As a government employee, you should be sued if you don't marry them. If you're talking about a church denying them a marriage service, that should be up to them to decide.

3 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Looking at Canada right now. Express entry could have me settled there as a permanent resident in a few months given my experience and skills.

im sure its much safer

would you be looking to leave if the election went the other way?

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

First of all, I'm not a gay hater. I respect their values, it's not easy for them.

Fair enough that if you work for the government you must abide by the law Obama and the 9 supreme Court judges alone enacted on the country. They would be better off working in an environment that they feel comfortable with or in another state which didn't abide by the Obama law like Indiana. 

Something happened in a state in US where a gay couple wanted to buy a cake, but they knew that the owner of the store is a devout Christian. They went to order the cake and requested they write on the cake: "F**k Jesus, I'm gay"

Now why would they do that except to provoke someone, so the owner didn't oblige and he was sued for millions and accused of being anti-gay. 

The point I'm making is there is a huge flaw in the law if that's what it takes to make millions, it's complete rubbish. It's not easy for gays but you don't need to demean others just to raise up the gays.

The last line is another reason why Trump won, but that's a topic for another time. 

But one (or even a few) instances of some assholes doesn't mean every private business is going to be subject to this. Trump supporters have done some horrible things since the election, but that doesn't mean every Trump supporter deserves some kind of retaliation.

As far as my last comment, it was harsh. Same-sex marriage is something that is a complete no brainer to me. My sister was married to a woman in the past. I saw how some in my extended family react to something that doesn't even affect them. I continue to see people argue against same-sex marriage and question why they care so damn much. You (not you specifically, Kellzfresh) don't want them to get married? That's fine. But there is absolutely no reason that they shouldn't legally be able to get married. Our government is not run by Christianity and it's not run by the Bible. There is no political or secular reason they should not be able to get married, and we have to keep a separation of church and state.

On 11/9/2016 at 5:36 PM, Johnnyeye said:

15057931_1017428575070234_2122193674_n.jpg

Seems like a lie.  Can you provide a legit link to this story in People magazine?  Furthermore:

<snip>

And a public relations representative with People told us that the magazine couldn’t find anything like that quote in its archives, either. People‘s Julie Farin said in an email: “People looked into this exhaustively when it first surfaced back in Oct. We combed through every Trump story in our archive. We couldn’t find anything remotely like this quote –and no interview at all in 1998.”

<snip>

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/11/bogus-meme-targets-trump/

But in 1999 Trump said in Wall Street Journal:

Trump, Wall Street Journal, Sept. 30, 1999: Let’s cut to the chase. Yes, I am considering a run for president. … Unlike candidates from the two major parties, my candidacy would not represent an exercise in career advancement. I am not a political pro trying to top off his resume. I am considering a run only because I am convinced the major parties have lost their way. The Republicans are captives of their right wing. The Democrats are captives of their left wing. I don’t hear anyone speaking for the working men and women in the center.