Spike

13 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Trump just won Florida. That is huge!!!!! 

And Trump is winning in Michigan and Wisconsin. If he wins those two and keeps Iowa, Trump is president. 

This is unbelievable :blink:

Another brexit event . 

People are tired of the establishment even though Trump ain't the best, but that's what you get when you have such two candidates . 

7 hours ago, kmk108 said:

IMO, voting for someone who isn't on the ticket is a complete waste of time. I hate the two party system, but that's what rules in the US and even voting for someone like Johnson is a waste of time.

I never bought into the "voting is your duty" argument.

Well today proved why voting is important . 

A lot was decided by small margins , meaning your vote does matter ! 

42 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Well today proved why voting is important . 

A lot was decided by small margins , meaning your vote does matter ! 

In my state, Trump won by 200,000 and I wouldn't have voted for Hillary or Trump.

My twitter feed is in full meltdown right now. 

Congratulations to Americans for dodging that criminal Wall Street bullet. Shit options but you got the most interesting of the two, fun times ahead. Maybe you will finally break out of your stagnation, time will tell.

Politically interesting times in my country as well. Our ruling party, which has been in power for the past 17 years, will be unanimously voted out of the government today by the rest of the parliament factions. It's looking very likely that a new leftist government will be formed. Interestingly the party that has been villanized as pro-Kremlin and been in the opposition for over a decade will take over. Uncertainty ahead globally and locally.

7 minutes ago, Despiadado.Maleante said:

I would say 'only in American', but Brexit also happened. 

I can't comprehend anyone can vote for him, yet alone the majority of the country. Americans are truly moronic.

I was born in the States and was there till I was 13 so I think I can say this. I would normaly say we deserve what we asked for but in this case it effects the world and nobody deserved him

The polls got it wrong.
It appears to me they are trying to construct samples which they think are as representative as possible of the population.
But in doing so they misjudge things, the wrong weighting coefficients are applied.
An excuse of the type "hidden voters appeared" has no place in statistics.
They seem to have abandoned the old swing theory that used to perform better.
I don't believe there was a "shame factor" at play with Trump. With Brexit there may have been, after the Cox murder, but not this time.

37 minutes ago, Despiadado.Maleante said:

I would say 'only in American', but Brexit also happened. 

I can't comprehend anyone can vote for him, yet alone the majority of the country. Americans are truly moronic.

Look, any rep with a "Mexicans out" platform could sway the party and win the nomination.
But performing in national elections too was the difficult thing.
Yet he managed it.
The people were tired after eight years of dem rule. That too worked to the reps advantage.

Ultimately extreme nationalism is on the up.
In the cold war years USA wanted to be the world's policeman, also showed some preference to military regimes.
But that thing is not the same as xenophobia.
If in fact the Americans were to exhibit xenophobia those years, it would betray the cause. Alliance of the "free world" and xenophobia at the same time ? Impossible !
Just listen to Nixon's resignation speech. Yeah that one - made in August 1974. Half of it is filled with praise to the American led free world alliance and how he -Nixon- did a good job to promote it (as Nixon believed about himself).
But with cold were gone the old Alabama style xenophobia rose again.
Cold war ended in 1990 but this state of affairs we 're in now could n't really take hold straight away, in 1992 or 1993. It took about 15 years and in fact the reps of 2008 were almost as hard line as Trump seems to be now. The only difference was that in 2008-2012 they lost - a 5% difference.

It's looking bad.
The once solid western world is the arena of a 3-4 cornered fight now.
It's like football hooliganism. No more playing football. We each take a stone and take aim at the floodlights of the stadium with it.

7 minutes ago, Fernando said:

The most interesting thing about this outcome is that putins like this outcome. 

That's something to think about , a nation and leader that has defied us and the president will be please with Trump ....

If Putin wants to extend his influence now is the chance.
Imagine a situation like this. People escape from East Berlin, or Prague after the invasion and the west instead of helping them to settle fire grenades against them. Spray guns on one side of the wall, but spray guns on the other side too.