Spike

3 hours ago, Spike said:

You know, I really don't understand why gays want to be able to be married, aside from taxation purposes. Western marriage is derived from Christianity, which for a lot of people is anti-homosexuality. Why do they want to partake in a ceremony that is derived from a religion with such beliefs? A couple doesn't need a ceremony or legally binding contract to prove their love for one another. Why can't people just gather their friend and family and have their own ceremony and celebration? A person doesn't need a minister or a government official to bind love, all it takes is an earnest and sincere oath to one another. That goes for everyone, marriage is an old-school notion, leave it to the people that want to celebrate their love in that manner; it doesn't need to change.

Of course I do understand the desire to be recognised as life partners in the eyes of the government, that idea I can fully support. 

I agree with you. But as absurd as that sounds to you and me, there are some who do not think homosexuality and catholicism/christianity are incompatible. It probably has its appeal to those, besides the more practical benefits like taxation, since they believe they should be together in the eyes of god or something to that effect.

16 hours ago, Peace. said:

If such issues interest you, then you should and go watch a South Park episode of the season 18, the third I believe (called "the Cissy") !

Just saw it, good one. South Park is still classic when it comes to making fun of such issues. 

I still remember the episode they made about the recession of 08, margaritaville. :D

Well all these laws are just taking the world to another crazier dimension then ever before. 

Pretty soon they will make legal for people to marry more then one partners.....

And why not stop there, if people are born like quote on quote that then what about people are who adulteress? If they are "born being adulteress", then why people will get offended? They should have right to sleep with anyone they chose too....yeah crazy laws that do not make sense coming to a world near you! 

19 hours ago, Spike said:

Transgender people kill themselves because no matter what, sans bullying, sans cultural and societal acceptance they'll be lying in bed at night thinking 'Maybe I'm not a real woman because I can't have children. What is the point living this life?'. The same goes for the opposite sex. The doubt will always be there, it will never go away, even the most adjusted individual will have that little thought gnawing away at their insides waiting for a moment of weakness to make their world crashing down on them. It'd take years of CBT just to accept something like that. For me transsexualism is a mental illness like anorexia, nothing wrong with the former but work has to be done with managing it externally and internally. 

The only trans person that was significantly present in my life ranks high in my list 'worst people I've ever known' list. Man, that bastard was an all round terrible person and one of the most mentally ill. Others I've met have seemed 'fine' but I wouldn't know as I've only known them superficially. 

Not sure if that is what you mean but that sounds a lot like you are excusing people and society from any responsibility for the depressingly high suicide attempts for transgender people (around 40% iirc). That's just plain wrong. Of course discrimination against transgender people plays a huge part in that when 78% have experience physical harassment and 35% have been sexually assaulted! That's without even getting into the discrimination against them from employers and the enormous wage gap from transgender people. 15% of transgender people make under 10K per year in the US; four times more likely than cisgender people. Yeah, I'd be more inclined to kill my self if I were making less than 800$ per month too!

I don't put much emphasis on labels but calling it a mental illness is not in any way helpful (I personally don't find my cisgenderism to be that mentally healthy either!). It's not something that can be 'cured' but again it does legitimize discrimination. Lastly, I don't know why you are expecting all transgender people to share personality traits. That's usually a symptom of underlying bias. They're just people with a different gender than the one they were assigned at birth. That doesn't mean they aren't as complex as any other human or don't have all sorts of personalities. Weird and irrational to suggest otherwise.

EDIT: Right now in my community, similar arguments are being made but about homosexual people regarding how it is supposedly is a disease and linked to other mental illnesses with some even saying that the high suicide rates among homosexuals here is 'natural'; basically arguments that were made against homosexuals in the US and Europe in the 80s and 90s, but we've luckily moved away from that. So, I hope and do genuinely believe that we will move away from the discussion about mental illness and suicides among transgender people once they are better integrated into society.

1 hour ago, CHOULO19 said:

Not sure if that is what you mean but that sounds a lot like you are excusing people and society from any responsibility for the depressingly high suicide attempts for transgender people (around 40% iirc). That's just plain wrong. Of course discrimination against transgender people plays a huge part in that when 78% have experience physical harassment and 35% have been sexually assaulted! That's without even getting into the discrimination against them from employers and the enormous wage gap from transgender people. 15% of transgender people make under 10K per year in the US; four times more likely than cisgender people. Yeah, I'd be more inclined to kill my self if I were making less than 800$ per month too!

I don't put much emphasis on labels but calling it a mental illness is not in any way helpful (I personally don't find my cisgenderism to be that mentally healthy either!). It's not something that can be 'cured' but again it does legitimize discrimination. Lastly, I don't know why you are expecting all transgender people to share personality traits. That's usually a symptom of underlying bias. They're just people with a different gender than the one they were assigned at birth. That doesn't mean they aren't as complex as any other human or don't have all sorts of personalities. Weird and irrational to suggest otherwise.

EDIT: Right now in my community, similar arguments are being made but about homosexual people regarding how it is supposedly is a disease and linked to other mental illnesses with some even saying that the high suicide rates among homosexuals here is 'natural'; basically arguments that were made against homosexuals in the US and Europe in the 80s and 90s, but we've luckily moved away from that. So, I hope and do genuinely believe that we will move away from the discussion about mental illness and suicides among transgender people once they are better integrated into society.

You didn't understand my post at all.

• I didn't excuse society from responsibility of high suicide rates amongst trannies.
  • Being poor is no justification for suicide, the wage gap may be an end to a means but it's not the cause for suicide.
  • I didn't say that trans isa mental illness and I didn't say it can be cured.
  •  I forgot to clarify that Gender Dysphoria is a mental illness and the internal strife one experiences needs to be addressed with CBT. So yes there is a cure for that. Do you honestly believe someone can go through something as traumatic as gender reassignment and not need psychotherapy?
  • I didn't judge trans people on that one person, that was merely an example of my experiences; nothing more. 

I honestly believe you are over simplifying the struggle of a transgendered person.There is more to the internal struggle than simply environmental and societal stimuli.

3 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

On a different note, this is your new foreign minister, UK?

Really? REALLY?! 

He also called Hilary Clinton a psychopathic nurse in a mental hospital and Putin Dobby out of Harry Potter

I think this is Theresa Mays way of saying, you fucked up and took us out of Europe, now deal with the rest of the World.

Bloke is a posh buffoon whose career should have gone no further than a clown at childrens parties

4 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

On a different note, this is your new foreign minister, UK?

Really? REALLY?! 

yep. Still hoping I'm going to wake up soon and the last 3 weeks have all been a terrible dream. We've become an absolute worldwide joke.

Dozens reported dead as truck plows into crowd in Nice, France (GRAPHIC IMAGES)

https://www.rt.com/news/351086-panic-nice-france-crowd/

BREAKING NEWS: At least 50 feared dead and shots fired as lorry RAMS into crowd celebrating Bastille Day in Nice leaving bodies strewn across the road in suspected Terror attack

• Dozens of people have been killed and 150 have been injured in a Bastille Day attack in Nice, southern France 
  • Eyewitnesses reported a gunfight between police responding to the attack and suspects at the scene 
  • Soldiers have been deployed to the streets in an effort to restore calm to the city  

By Peter Allen In Paris and Jake Polden For Mailonline

Published: 07:27 EST, 15 July 2016 | Updated: 08:03 EST, 15 July 2016

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3691019/Several-people-injured-truck-crashes-crowd-Bastille-Day-celebrations-Nice.html

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1127251/pg1

http://lunaticoutpost.com/thread-671401.html

13 hours ago, Spike said:

You didn't understand my post at all.

• I didn't excuse society from responsibility of high suicide rates amongst trannies.
  • Being poor is no justification for suicide, the wage gap may be an end to a means but it's not the cause for suicide.
  • I didn't say that trans isa mental illness and I didn't say it can be cured.
  •  I forgot to clarify that Gender Dysphoria is a mental illness and the internal strife one experiences needs to be addressed with CBT. So yes there is a cure for that. Do you honestly believe someone can go through something as traumatic as gender reassignment and not need psychotherapy?
  • I didn't judge trans people on that one person, that was merely an example of my experiences; nothing more. 

I honestly believe you are over simplifying the struggle of a transgendered person.There is more to the internal struggle than simply environmental and societal stimuli.

1) I wasn't sure you did which is why I said so at first.

2) 'Justification' for suicide is a weird concept. But being poor is definitely a factor that makes suicide more likely, especially in a society that teaches you to value your life based on what you own.

3) You literally said it was a mental illness :blink:

4) Don't disagree there at all but how traumatic gender reassignment has a lot to do with not just the lack of acceptance of transgenderism in society but also how much weight we put on genders and the distinctions between the two. I think that can and should change.

5) Sorry for assuming you did but it did look an awful lot like you were, tbf..

To clarify, I hope that I'm not simplifying the struggle of transgender people; I certainly don't mean to. The original point, if you remember, was how laws excluding queer people from civil rights such as marriage legitimize bias and discrimination which in turn contributes to (not solely causes) the high harassment and suicide rates among them. 

11 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Boris Johnson as foreign secretary what could possibly go right ?. 

Was listening to democracy now yesterday and they literally introduced him as "Johnson, the new UK foreign secretary who is known for offending foreign people" :lol: 

10 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

He also called Hilary Clinton a psychopathic nurse in a mental hospital and Putin Dobby out of Harry Potter

I think this is Theresa Mays way of saying, you fucked up and took us out of Europe, now deal with the rest of the World.

Bloke is a posh buffoon whose career should have gone no further than a clown at childrens parties

Tbf, given the reputation British politicians have, it's probably a good thing he didn't end up working near children! 

9 hours ago, Liquidator said:

yep. Still hoping I'm going to wake up soon and the last 3 weeks have all been a terrible dream. We've become an absolute worldwide joke.

It's such a joke that I'm half expecting it to be revealed as the most elaborate prank of all time. Even the name 'United Kingdom' is starting to sound sarcastic! :P

I don't see why it

2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Terrorist in Nice named as Mohammed Lahouaiej he was shouting 'Allahu Akbar' -god is great according to witnesses -10 babies and children killed.

This will strengthen the National Front and garnish them a lot more votes

I don't see why it will strengthen the anti-europeans when it was not europeans who did this, but it may.

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 1:57 PM, cosmicway said:

I don't see why it

I don't see why it will strengthen the anti-europeans when it was not europeans who did this, but it may.

Front National support in France always increases after a terrorist attack.