Spike

43 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Voted remain but IMO you can't just go again cause don't agree with result.its daft.

That's my situation, and my attitude, exactly. My side of the argument got outvoted. Disappointing, but let's get stuck in to the new circumstance and try to make the best of it.

This vote had nothing to do with democracy in the slightest. Cameron was under pressure because he thought he'd lose some of his MP'S to UKIP so to appease them he promised to have a referendum on our membership in the EU. You reap what you sow and now thanks to Cameron we are out of Europe and Scotland will probably get independence. What's really disheartening is some of the real fascist bastards in world politics Farage, Johnson, Putin, Trump, Le Pen. Farage being a racist there's no other word for the man and this makes extremely interesting reading.

http://www.channel4.com/news/nigel-farage-ukip-letter-school-concerns-racism-fascism

30 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

This vote had nothing to do with democracy in the slightest. Cameron was under pressure because he thought he'd lose some of his MP'S to UKIP so to appease them he promised to have a referendum on our membership in the EU. You reap what you sow and now thanks to Cameron we are out of Europe and Scotland will probably get independence. What's really disheartening is some of the real fascist bastards in world politics Farage, Johnson, Putin, Trump, Le Pen. Farage being a racist there's no other word for the man and this makes extremely interesting reading.

http://www.channel4.com/news/nigel-farage-ukip-letter-school-concerns-racism-fascism

Cameron is the victim in the end...

no way on earth there will be a 2nd ref, look at how much time , money and reosurces the first one took.

spoilt young people need to fuck off, and realise everything isnt about them. same goes for london

12 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Cameron is the victim in the end...

Don't be stupid mate this is the man who victimised people all over Britian with bedroom tax, benefit cuts etc. How you think a millionaIre could ever be a victim is beyond the pale.

4 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

I meant his political career.

Nah he made a huge political misjudgement in calling the referendum in the first place. His going to go down in the history books as the man responsible for splitting up the UK and leaving England a much weaker country.

21 minutes ago, Parky said:

Nah he made a huge political misjudgement in calling the referendum in the first place. His going to go down in the history books as the man responsible for splitting up the UK and leaving England a much weaker country.

he had no choice? he wanted to be elected again, so he promised this referendum...

EU referendum

DAVID Cameron has confirmed that he well and truly fucked that up.

Addressing the nation from the steps of Number 10, the prime minister said: “Christ almighty, what the hell was I playing at?

“Giving provincial England – and the sodding Welsh – the chance to actively vote against foreigners? Mad. Just mad.”

Pausing for reflection, he then added: “Actually, you know what? Go fuck yourselves you bunch of ghastly, ill-educated, working class tits.

“What have you ever done? I was prime minister for six years, meanwhile you were all doing your best to qualify for the Jeremy Kyle Show.

“And let’s just see how Sunderland gets on when Nissan moves its Qashqai factory to Bulgaria. That will cheer me right up.”

Mr Cameron then stood silently in front of the media while giving the finger with both hands.

What I don't understand is that people seem to think that there will be zero immigration, or emigration to the EU in future will be banned.

It's called a visa; the process has gone on for years and years and anybody skilled can move to Europe is they choose as these countries will still want to attract talent. Most unskilled workers have no desire to leave Britain and similarly it works both ways, most don't want foreign labour to undercut the British market (which happens despite the minimum wage, many work under that money). That's the immigration argument; the key word is mass. Nigel Farage for example is vastly misrepresented by those that oppose him, he does not oppose all immigration nor does he hate foreigners (he has a German wife), and he also used to be a stockbroker, and was one of the chief victims of the ERM crisis. Immigrants should feel welcome in this country and what has been done to them as the occasion has been seized upon by the far right should incur severe penalties.

What bitter remainers are trying to do is portray Brexit voters as either racist, too 'old' to vote or somehow the 1 million majority was not decisive. Utterly disgusting, contempt of democracy makes you no better than the Bolsheviks post Russian Revolution 1917 or the Nazis manipulating the German parliament in order to install Hitler as Chancellor. I have no sympathy to those trying to do so with that stupid petition.
Obviously most remain campaigners are not like this and are now prepared to find the best solution for the country, but the whole debacle makes me sick.

Unfortunately, regarding the decision itself, the fact there was no decision made over what will happen, what approach will be taken and who will oversee the process is regrettable. Personally I think Boris as a leading figure is simply too abrasive at the moment for the public to swallow. I think Gove should do it personally, sensible, and is open to all options includng the one I would favour: That is, not using Article 50 but transferring all EU laws into British legislature, and stripping them away as we want to. We should also focus on hammering out trade deals with key partners like the USA and Commonwealth countries like India and Canada to stabilise the markets as soon as possible. For me, October is too late for a takeover, it should be done by the end of August. Things need to be done, and no, we don't need to do them the EU's way. We should also focus on key EU partners like Germany and France later. Both countries have an increasing Eurosceptic views and France, crucially, have an election at the end of this year and we may find it far easier to work with their next government than the current one, and Germany will not be prepared to let its export market suffer for too long, considering that EU demand for its goods will also decrease as its economy will slump with the exit of the 5th largest economy in the world.

Regarding Gibraltar, we could simply disregard Spain. We can implement our own Gibraltar only visa which allows travel there for the Spanish workforce so Gib is not deprived. It has nothing to do with the Spanish government (which doesn't exist) and we should certainly not pass sovereignty over the island against its wishes.

And regarding Scotland, well, I thought at the time that if Ms Sturgeon really wanted Scotland to leave the Union, then she should have allowed England to vote in the referendum. The Scottish can scrounge off of the EU (if it exists) as opposed to us - they wanted to base their economy on oil. They will get what they deserve, Euro and trimmings included.

35 minutes ago, CurlyHairLikeLuiz said:

What I don't understand is that people seem to think that there will be zero immigration, or emigration to the EU in future will be banned.

It's called a visa; the process has gone on for years and years and anybody skilled can move to Europe is they choose as these countries will still want to attract talent. Most unskilled workers have no desire to leave Britain and similarly it works both ways, most don't want foreign labour to undercut the British market (which happens despite the minimum wage, many work under that money). That's the immigration argument; the key word is mass. Nigel Farage for example is vastly misrepresented by those that oppose him, he does not oppose all immigration nor does he hate foreigners (he has a German wife), and he also used to be a stockbroker, and was one of the chief victims of the ERM crisis. Immigrants should feel welcome in this country and what has been done to them as the occasion has been seized upon by the far right should incur severe penalties.

What bitter remainers are trying to do is portray Brexit voters as either racist, too 'old' to vote or somehow the 1 million majority was not decisive. Utterly disgusting, contempt of democracy makes you no better than the Bolsheviks post Russian Revolution 1917 or the Nazis manipulating the German parliament in order to install Hitler as Chancellor. I have no sympathy to those trying to do so with that stupid petition.
Obviously most remain campaigners are not like this and are now prepared to find the best solution for the country, but the whole debacle makes me sick.

Unfortunately, regarding the decision itself, the fact there was no decision made over what will happen, what approach will be taken and who will oversee the process is regrettable. Personally I think Boris as a leading figure is simply too abrasive at the moment for the public to swallow. I think Gove should do it personally, sensible, and is open to all options includng the one I would favour: That is, not using Article 50 but transferring all EU laws into British legislature, and stripping them away as we want to. We should also focus on hammering out trade deals with key partners like the USA and Commonwealth countries like India and Canada to stabilise the markets as soon as possible. For me, October is too late for a takeover, it should be done by the end of August. Things need to be done, and no, we don't need to do them the EU's way. We should also focus on key EU partners like Germany and France later. Both countries have an increasing Eurosceptic views and France, crucially, have an election at the end of this year and we may find it far easier to work with their next government than the current one, and Germany will not be prepared to let its export market suffer for too long, considering that EU demand for its goods will also decrease as its economy will slump with the exit of the 5th largest economy in the world.

Regarding Gibraltar, we could simply disregard Spain. We can implement our own Gibraltar only visa which allows travel there for the Spanish workforce so Gib is not deprived. It has nothing to do with the Spanish government (which doesn't exist) and we should certainly not pass sovereignty over the island against its wishes.

And regarding Scotland, well, I thought at the time that if Ms Sturgeon really wanted Scotland to leave the Union, then she should have allowed England to vote in the referendum. The Scottish can scrounge off of the EU (if it exists) as opposed to us - they wanted to base their economy on oil. They will get what they deserve, Euro and trimmings included.

That's true and false at the same time.
Immigration controls is basically a thing of the seventies.
We (GR) were not in the EU until 1980 but I have seen old letters of my father's former school students addressed to him from England in 1965. Those school students after university were employed by various firms. Then in the 70's things were strict, after the 80s it was free.
But the environment is kind of hostile sometimes.
At the time I had no idea. I vaguely remember a Greek newspaper in the mid sixties saying something about the graffitti "keep Britain white" in London streets. I thought this was an aberration, the work of some fringe elements.
But not so in reality. Some people even believed that foreigners from western countries represented a danger bigger than that of "international communism" - the scourge of cold war years.
How can one work and make progress like that ?
If the environment resembles Dachau concentration camp, because of the said mentalities.
it creates many diffculties.

DIALOGUES OF OUR TIMES

Britannicus (brexit lover) - Bloody immigrants.
Europius (non-brexit lover) - Hey, knock it off !
Britannicus - Errr, yes of course, that's not what I meant. I mean we are concerned with the invisible Brussels dictatorship.
Europius - And what exactly do you mean by that ?
Britannicus - Errr, hmmm, bloody immigrants !