Spike

What is your guys thought on gun control?

Obama is big on it, but will it really do a difference?

See the problem with gun control is that if you make it illegal in the states people will still find ways.

I mean hello drugs are illegal and people still find a way.

So I don't know if gun control will do much of anything.

But then there's people that say that everyone should have gun. And if everyone has one no one will rob because everyone can defend themselves. Sounds reasonable but there's something that just don't sit right with that.

Well what you guys think about it?

Of course it will make a difference. Suicides and murders plummeted in Australia due to difficulty of gaining weapons after they laws were legislated in 1995. The average joe schmoe isn't going to go out of his way to get guns if they are illegal, sure the radicals might but they are the minority. It won't stop gang violence or a organised violence that happens but it will make it a lot harder for a 15 year old to go to school and shoot up the place. A 15 year old doesn't have the connections to get weapons, most of the time they get it from their parents or vendors. It also makes it harder for people to kill themselves, a lot of people kill themselves only because a gun is easy to use and quick.

Deterrence doesn't work like that. I've said it before I'll say it again: everyone having guns proves nothing. There is too much human error to be involved. A criminal can easily rob someone because there is a 50/50 chance that they won't get shot. Not everyone has what it takes to attack someone that is robbing them or shoot them in retaliation. It can also raise tensions making people preemptively attack in fear of being attacked first. This could cause robbers simply to murder their target instead preemptively instead of simply just robbing them. Everyone being armed only makes people more alarmed.

That was the major fault in nuclear deterrence during the cold war. Russia was afraid the USA would attack and vice versa. But if they managed to get a preemptive strike that destroyed the other before retaliation it would secure their safety but a screw up could ensure mutual annihilation. But then there is the issue of the 50/50 reaction. What if the person in charge didn't want to retaliate and ensure mutual destruction? There are too many loopholes in deterrence to take it seriously as a solution.

Do not forget that in 1962 the world was literally one press of a button away from Nuclear holocaust. If not for one submariner's refusal to attack the world as we know it wouldn't exist.

Going all out on gun control is 0bama cynically deflecting attention with help from his lapdog media and fellow leftists the fact that he said isis couldn't attack us here, that they were JV, and that why did conservatives fear women and children refugees (it turns out to be 70% military aged males...) being imported here and it turns out that the woman is the one who radicalized the man.

watch the livestream it starts at 01:00 am england time
14:00 pm - my time.
President Obama Delivers an Address to the Nation

via the official whitehouse youtube channel

Scheduled for Dec 6, 2015
Live from the White House.
List of Oval Office Addresses
President
Date
Subject
Barack Obama
Dec. 6, 2015
Addressing the threat of terrorism
Aug. 31, 2010
End of U.S. combat operations in Iraq
June 15, 2010
Gulf of Mexico oil spill

Of course it will make a difference. Suicides and murders plummeted in Australia due to difficulty of gaining weapons after they laws were legislated in 1995. The average joe schmoe isn't going to go out of his way to get guns if they are illegal, sure the radicals might but they are the minority. It won't stop gang violence or a organised violence that happens but it will make it a lot harder for a 15 year old to go to school and shoot up the place. A 15 year old doesn't have the connections to get weapons, most of the time they get it from their parents or vendors. It also makes it harder for people to kill themselves, a lot of people kill themselves only because a gun is easy to use and quick.

Deterrence doesn't work like that. I've said it before I'll say it again: everyone having guns proves nothing. There is too much human error to be involved. A criminal can easily rob someone because there is a 50/50 chance that they won't get shot. Not everyone has what it takes to attack someone that is robbing them or shoot them in retaliation. It can also raise tensions making people preemptively attack in fear of being attacked first. This could cause robbers simply to murder their target instead preemptively instead of simply just robbing them. Everyone being armed only makes people more alarmed.

That was the major fault in nuclear deterrence during the cold war. Russia was afraid the USA would attack and vice versa. But if they managed to get a preemptive strike that destroyed the other before retaliation it would secure their safety but a screw up could ensure mutual annihilation. But then there is the issue of the 50/50 reaction. What if the person in charge didn't want to retaliate and ensure mutual destruction? There are too many loopholes in deterrence to take it seriously as a solution.

Do not forget that in 1962 the world was literally one press of a button away from Nuclear holocaust. If not for one submariner's refusal to attack the world as we know it wouldn't exist.

Agree with everything you said.

I just can't fathom why Americans are fighting gun control so hard. How many more school massacres do they need to have before it sinks in ?

Agree with everything you said.

I just can't fathom why Americans are fighting gun control so hard. How many more school massacres do they need to have before it sinks in ?

Really? Ummm money? Lots and lots of money to some of the people who own the country. It's really not at all complicated but rather very simple and straightforward.

Really? Ummm money? Lots and lots of money to some of the people who own the country. It's really not at all complicated but rather very simple and straightforward.

And whats wrong with that young man ? Do you have a problem with making money and out of death maiming and endless misery for the relatives?

What are youy some kind of lefty ? :D

And whats wrong with that young man ? Do you have a problem with making money and out of death maiming and endless misery for the relatives?

What are youy some kind of lefty ? :D

Well I have in the past been called a commie and a tree-huger (which is ridiculous because everyone knows that I HATE hugs) :D

I was talking about regular American people, not politicians. I know gun companies have got a large number of politicians in their pocket but i don't understand why so many regular Americans are against it.

The Americans are preposterous.

First of all re. guns the element of surprise is the all important thing.

Therefore 99% of the Americans will not be able to defend themselves with those hand guns of theirs.

In NATO exercises I captured entire telecommunications party because the element of surprise was in my favour.

The Americans are preposterous.

First of all re. guns the element of surprise is the all important thing.

Therefore 99% of the Americans will not be able to defend themselves with those hand guns of theirs.

In NATO exercises I captured entire telecommunications party because the element of surprise was in my favour.

Fantastic point.

Let's we go along with the idea that every person in America owns a firearm:

A thief breaks into a fellow's home at 3am in the morning. The thief knows the man owns a weapon. He has two option kill/restrain him in his sleep or ignore him. I don't see how a firearm in this situation helps the homeowner unless the homeowner is present, aware of the home invasion and has access to their firearm. All the cards are in the thief's hands; that is of course if the thief is capable and not a bumbling buffoon that knocks vases off mantle's and smashes windows to gain entry.

I will reiterate. I am not against gun ownership, I am not against guns, I am against loose laws and zero regulation. Many, many people are smart, trained and even minded enough to own and operate guns privately at no cost of public or private safety. I am 100% comfortable with people owning guns that have proven they are mentally stable, trained and licensed. In my home country of Australia, tight laws, training and certification are needed to gain one of many classes of gun licenses.

That being said, automatic, most handguns, concealed and open carry laws should be banned outright as they are the most dangerous to public safety. One does not need an M16AI or an M4 to hunt or protect themselves.

Gun ownership is a freedom that must be earnt. It is not a birthright; it is a privilege bestowed on those that capable of handling such weapons.

I was talking about regular American people, not politicians. I know gun companies have got a large number of politicians in their pocket but i don't understand why so many regular Americans are against it.

Same reason why anyone would support almost any politician when almost all of them are their to advocate and preserve the concentrated private interests of the elite: an elitist hegemony on the media which invokes irrational responses from the masses through misinformation, deception and playing on emotions and instincts.

On any account, in the US in particular, public opinion on such money related issues matters little as studies have shown that the attitudes of lowest 70% on the wealth scale have almost zero influence on official policies: http://wordsofdissent.com/chomsky-70-of-the-population-is-literally-disenfranchised/

Fantastic point.

Let's we go along with the idea that every person in America owns a firearm:

A thief breaks into a fellow's home at 3am in the morning. The thief knows the man owns a weapon. He has two option kill/restrain him in his sleep or ignore him. I don't see how a firearm in this situation helps the homeowner unless the homeowner is present, aware of the home invasion and has access to their firearm. All the cards are in the thief's hands; that is of course if the thief is capable and not a bumbling buffoon that knocks vases off mantle's and smashes windows to gain entry.

I will reiterate. I am not against gun ownership, I am not against guns, I am against loose laws and zero regulation. Many, many people are smart, trained and even minded enough to own and operate guns privately at no cost of public or private safety. I am 100% comfortable with people owning guns that have proven they are mentally stable, trained and licensed. In my home country of Australia, tight laws, training and certification are needed to gain one of many classes of gun licenses.

That being said, automatic, most handguns, concealed and open carry laws should be banned outright as they are the most dangerous to public safety. One does not need an M16AI or an M4 to hunt or protect themselves.

Gun ownership is a freedom that must be earnt. It is not a birthright; it is a privilege bestowed on those that capable of handling such weapons.

Yeah I totally agree on here, there is no need to have riffles and all that stuff.

A regular gun I would not have much problem, but m16...ridiculous.

Furthermore I wanted to ask you, do you think in Texas where guns are held by almost everyone is crime rate higher or lower then say California?

What's that old saying, 'guns don't kill people, people do'? Let's prove it and take the guns away :lol:

lol The late great Bill Hicks did a routine on guns and how the NRA trot out that. 'Guns dont kill people, people kill people'. Yeah, but I think the fucking gun has something to do with it :D