Spike

They'll only destroy what can't be easily transported to be sold. Did the same in the Iraqi museums.

More worryingly, ISIS now controls over 50% of the areas in Syria after taking Palmyra. The war in/on Syria is going to last at least 10-15 more years, imo.

Quite obvious the US want to keep ISIS festering for a while. ISIS presents the most powerful and authentic Sunni antidote to the spread of Iranian influence in the Middle East. The UK did the same with ''offshore balancing'' in the 19c

Quite obvious the US want to keep ISIS festering for a while. ISIS presents the most powerful and authentic Sunni antidote to the spread of Iranian influence in the Middle East. The UK did the same with ''offshore balancing'' in the 19c

And as per usual it has mostly back fired. Iranian influence in the region, especially Iraq, has never been this strong. A near complete defeat of ISIS in Iraq practically means handing all of the country into Iranian hands.

The thing is, prior to the war in Syria, Iran did not seem to have many plans for regional domination, and if they did they were clearly not in effect. Sure they had an alliance with the Syrian regime (not nearly as strong as now), very limited influence inside Iraq and of course Hizbollah who share their ideology. The US and gulf countries meddling in Syria and the subsequent events in Iraq have made the Iranians (rightly) feel that the aim is to isolate them and now they are doing everything in their power to get hold of as many political cards in the region as possible.

And as per usual it has mostly back fired. Iranian influence in the region, especially Iraq, has never been this strong. A near complete defeat of ISIS in Iraq practically means handing all of the country into Iranian hands.

The thing is, prior to the war in Syria, Iran did not seem to have many plans for regional domination, and if they did they were clearly not in effect. Sure they had an alliance with the Syrian regime (not nearly as strong as now), very limited influence inside Iraq and of course Hizbollah who share their ideology. The US and gulf countries meddling in Syria and the subsequent events in Iraq have made the Iranians (rightly) feel that the aim is to isolate them and now they are doing everything in their power to get hold of as many political cards in the region as possible.

Thats when basic Marxist analogy is useful. The dominant global ideology isn't Islam, Sunni, Shia, christianity, hipsterdom :D its Capitalism pure and simple. Capitalism thrives on a constant ability to make profit for a few(unsubstainable), and dividing and ruling the rest. This is done on a macro and micro scale, and any size inbetween. In the sphere of international politics examples include shia v sunni, pakistan v india, or a ten year war between Iraq and Iran whereby both sides are armed by the same trans national corporations. Divide and rule is used in the smallest firms to the biggest corporations, it is used socio economically in terms of the colour of your skin, gender, what football team you support. One of the main agents of this in the UK is the corporate media, 90% of which is owned by five billionaires.

Thats when basic Marxist analogy is useful. The dominant global ideology isn't Islam, Sunni, Shia, christianity, hipsterdom :D its Capitalism pure and simple. Capitalism thrives on a constant ability to make profit for a few(unsubstainable), and dividing and ruling the rest. This is done on a macro and micro scale, and any size inbetween. In the sphere of international politics examples include shia v sunni, pakistan v india, or a ten year war between Iraq and Iran whereby both sides are armed by the same trans national corporations. Divide and rule is used in the smallest firms to the biggest corporations, it is used socio economically in terms of the colour of your skin, gender, what football team you support. One of the main agents of this in the UK is the corporate media, 90% of which is owned by five billionaires.

Superb post

Not sure mate, those hipsters seem to be gaining numbers fast! :D

So the authorities have stopped a young girl from traveling to Syria to become a Jihadi bride....Don't stop these fuckers, let them go.

But obviously it's safer to keep the mental cunts here and carry out acts here than over there....

Fucking hell.

15 years today since the liberation of the south of Lebanon from the Israeli occupation. One of the great examples of the triumph of the will of the people over incredible power and injustice. Though there remains a few Lebanese villages under occupation, I could not be living where I am living today, working where I am working if it weren't for the bravery and sacrifices of ordinary people who decided to fight for their freedom and rights and the rights and freedom of future generations, including mine!

Thd Mexican government is the most corrupt in the eorld, fuck the police

The so called "war on drugs" is an injustice and crime against humanity.

The reason US failed in the middle East was no Marshall plan.

If you take heads you also need bags.

Back in 1945 Italy-Germany and Japan were brought back to their feet through assistance programs.

Those countries had some infrastracture left intact -especially the Italians- and the peoples were also different.

But had the western allies left them alone, they 'd soon find themselves at the mercy of marauding communist gangs, for that was the threat against Europe at the time.
In Greece -an allied country of course- you see old plaques everywhere saying "US assistance program". In hospitals, libraries, schools etc (and the communists are despiseful of course)

In the case of the middle east instead of assistance the idiots just don't bother.

The reason US failed in the middle East was no Marshall plan.

If you take heads you also need bags.

Back in 1945 Italy-Germany and Japan were brought back to their feet through assistance programs.

Those countries had some infrastracture left intact -especially the Italians- and the peoples were also different.

But had the western allies left them alone, they 'd soon find themselves at the mercy of marauding communist gangs, for that was the threat against Europe at the time.

In Greece -an allied country of course- you see old plaques everywhere saying "US assistance program". In hospitals, libraries, schools etc (and the communists are despiseful of course)

In the case of the middle east instead of assistance the idiots just don't bother.

Maybe because people in the Middle East are very opposed in general to any sort of assistance from the EU?

Edit: not EU, I meant USA.

Maybe because people in the Middle East are very opposed in general to any sort of assistance from the EU?

That too is a possibility.

The Europeans and Japanese were different peoples as I remarked and the Italians especially were very much pro-american having previously been somewhat duped into fascism by Musolini.

But the Americans and Europeans now don't seem to really want to help the middle east nations make economic progress. They make nonsensical moves, like replacing Kadafi with an al-qaedda sympathising regime.

15 years today since the liberation of the south of Lebanon from the Israeli occupation. One of the great examples of the triumph of the will of the people over incredible power and injustice. Though there remains a few Lebanese villages under occupation, I could not be living where I am living today, working where I am working if it weren't for the bravery and sacrifices of ordinary people who decided to fight for their freedom and rights and the rights and freedom of future generations, including mine!

The so called "war on drugs" is an injustice and crime against humanity.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/may/22/mexico-firefight-drug-cartel-region

Attacked a farm. Some of them weren't wearing shoes. 42-1 in death toll? 37 rifles? No shirts, socks, and guns placed conveniently on their sides or on their stomachs. Sketchy as fuck. Went from armed citizens to suspected criminals? Looks like an ambush and they didn't entirely know who they were attacking, the government that is.

They are refusing to let familys transport the bodies and the public is accusing them of a massacre.

My aunt said that when she was giving her statement to request the body of her brother, "federal police officers at my back were making a mockery, saying that they were caught like birds in their nest". Fucking crooked government.

This is the article my aunt was in, translate it to understand what the government did.

http://www.marmorinforma.mx/familiares-de-abatidos-en-tanhuato-acusan-de-autoridades-de-masacre/

This group never killed civilians, never hurt them, never robbed anyone. It was another execution, that's what the government does. Just like Ayotzinapa and just like Tlatlaya.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/may/22/mexico-firefight-drug-cartel-region

Attacked a farm. Some of them weren't wearing shoes. 42-1 in death toll? 37 rifles? No shirts, socks, and guns placed conveniently on their sides or on their stomachs. Sketchy as fuck. Went from armed citizens to suspected criminals? Looks like an ambush and they didn't entirely know who they were attacking, the government that is.

They are refusing to let familys transport the bodies and the public is accusing them of a massacre.

My aunt said that when she was giving her statement to request the body of her brother, "federal police officers at my back were making a mockery, saying that they were caught like birds in their nest". Fucking crooked government.

This is the article my aunt was in, translate it to understand what the government did.

http://www.marmorinforma.mx/familiares-de-abatidos-en-tanhuato-acusan-de-autoridades-de-masacre/

This group never killed civilians, never hurt them, never robbed anyone. It was another execution, that's what the government does. Just like Ayotzinapa and just like Tlatlaya.

I know, I know, mate. The story is sadly similar every time I hear it. A few months ago it was a bunch of school kids: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/07/world/americas/43-missing-students-a-mass-grave-and-a-suspect-mexicos-police-.html?_r=0

The US and the corrupt Mexican government militarize the police with the excuse of the so called "war on drugs" and the weapons are used to kill schoolboys trying to demonstrate financial cuts to their school, or innocents civilians who have not broken the law including unfortunately your uncle.

All signs point that the Mexican police is no longer the protector of the people, it is just the biggest and most powerful gang in the country with international support, funding, and arming.

I know, I know, mate. The story is sadly similar every time I hear it. A few months ago it was a bunch of school kids: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/07/world/americas/43-missing-students-a-mass-grave-and-a-suspect-mexicos-police-.html?_r=0

The US and the corrupt Mexican government militarize the police with the excuse of the so called "war on drugs" and the weapons are used to kill schoolboys trying to demonstrate financial cuts to their school, or innocents civilians who have not broken the law including unfortunately your uncle.

All signs point that the Mexican police is no longer the protector of the people, it is just the biggest and most powerful gang in the country with international support, funding, and arming.

[emoji17] [emoji20]

BREAKING NEWS: Explosions Rock Gaza City (GAZA/ISRAEL WAR BACK ON)

http://lunaticoutpost.com/thread-547097.html

for the latest go to the twitter hashtag - #gazaunderattack

https://twitter.com/hashtag/gazaunderattack?src=tren&vertical=default