Spike

my God, Obama got fucking clobbered........

first off Obama looked so sluggish and bored, he didnt engage in any atacks TO Mitt Romney but decided he should talk to the American People. you do that on the campaign trail not in debates.

I gota hand it to Romney (as much as i dont want to) for how he was able to come right out and put behind the 47% comment, but that only happened due to the fact Obama was too dumb to jump on top of that comment and attack Mitt on his record at Bain Capital.

I expect a more rejuvanated Obama because this was absolutely horrific.

my God, Obama got fucking clobbered........

first off Obama looked so sluggish and bored, he didnt engage in any atacks TO Mitt Romney but decided he should talk to the American People. you do that on the campaign trail not in debates.

I gota hand it to Romney (as much as i dont want to) for how he was able to come right out and put behind the 47% comment, but that only happened due to the fact Obama was too dumb to jump on top of that comment and attack Mitt on his record at Bain Capital.

I expect a more rejuvanated Obama because this was absolutely horrific.

It was very disappointing BUT Romney has a massive advantage. He just promises everything. "I will lower taxes, increase spending on the military, and somehow also balance the budget" and people want to believe the impossible. Obama definitely needs to attack more though and call him on his B.S.

Maybe it's just an impression, but I think that Obama has cared only about his image, in this political campaign.

Don't know how his politic has been correct throughout the last 4 years(even if I've found correct and courageuos, in example, his approach about sanity, although I don't know how is practicable in the USA), but it seems that he has lost his empathy with people. Hope I am wrong...republicans mustn't win!

In fairness, I think even Hitler would score on the left in that test. Left principles are very perfect in theory but lack a lot of practicality imo.

That's the man talking.... Corporations and powerful interests love to throw that explanation out in defence of capitalism and right wing ideology. ?

Could someone pardon my ignorance of UK politics and bother to tell me in a few words what the hell happened to the Labour after the 80s?

enPartiesTime.gif

This looks more like a different party which holds the same name rather than one which had any sort of possible enlightenment.

Anyone here think Thatcher is responsible for a fundamental shift in British politics? Or is is the near permenant economic growth period experienced by the baby boomers; who are now protecting their interests at the expense of the next generation?

Allright, now that American elections are nearing, can someone please give me a low down on who's who? I know who Obama is. i am asking for something which is not really covered extensively by foriegn media. So Romney looking good to be the next president? Or will Obama work hi charm again? Here in India, there is not extensive coverage about any of them. Will you call Obama's term successfull? What different is Romney offering? And who is looking better? Thanks.

Allright, now that American elections are nearing, can someone please give me a low down on who's who? I know who Obama is. i am asking for something which is not really covered extensively by foriegn media. So Romney looking good to be the next president? Or will Obama work hi charm again? Here in India, there is not extensive coverage about any of them. Will you call Obama's term successfull? What different is Romney offering? And who is looking better? Thanks.

Ok, about Romney here's his story-- Romney the person is almost a mirror Obama, if you look at his record in Massachuesetts and the health-care plan he used its an exactt copy of what Obama used for the nation. However,, Romney being the "Republican" (notice the quotes) had to be more radical in his thinking than he normally is in order to appeal to the Republican base and get their nomination. Is he looking good to be president? no. just because he had one good debate you would think he was president already. Why is it not looking good? Because of his 47% comments in which he trashed half of America because they need help from the government, but tell me who woudnt in these bad economic times? not to mention that part of the 47% were republicans themselves! but also another reason he wont be president is because he gives no details, at all, on his policies. he says he'll lower taxes ok fine but then he gives no details on what government programs he will cut. The government cant finace medicare, medi-caid and obamacare if their lowering taxes, the math doesnt add up! And being the "republican" he cant raise taxes on corporations, thats totally against their fundamental values. Romney will promise anything to anybody to get elected, and you'll hear that alot. he wants to cut taxes but when u ask what programs he will cut he doesnt and most importantly cannot state them because he would lose the nomination. (if he mentions medi-care or medi-caid) he's lost all senior voters, end of discussion campagin over obama is re-eleceted.

will obama work his charm? well he hasnt had to do anything and i mean anything because Romney has been shooting imself in the foot time and time again. with th 47% coments and his Vice-President Paul Ryan making bad comment after coment. I will call Obama's first term mediocre. (and im a Democrat) Obama was too weak when he first got into office when he had the majority. He didnt include the public option (which in my mnd was a complete failure from the president) in his Obamacare health care plan and tried to get bi-partisan support when he didnt need to. he failed to get anything major accomplished in-part because of the Republicans stopping everything and anything he tried to do. Everything he did was getting fill-a-bustered or voted "no" against. He was able to kill Osama-Bin-Laden and th economy is on the rise as evident to the 7.8% unemployment rate but in his next term (which i think he will get) he will ofrce things down the throat and implement his own policies to grat effect.

hipefully this helps.

That's the man talking.... Corporations and powerful interests love to throw that explanation out in defence of capitalism and right wing ideology.

No I'm just saying that often when left wing parties are in power they do worse than their right wing opponents.

Ok, about Romney here's his story-- Romney the person is almost a mirror Obama, if you look at his record in Massachuesetts and the health-care plan he used its an exactt copy of what Obama used for the nation. However,, Romney being the "Republican" (notice the quotes) had to be more radical in his thinking than he normally is in order to appeal to the Republican base and get their nomination. Is he looking good to be president? no. just because he had one good debate you would think he was president already. Why is it not looking good? Because of his 47% comments in which he trashed half of America because they need help from the government, but tell me who woudnt in these bad economic times? not to mention that part of the 47% were republicans themselves! but also another reason he wont be president is because he gives no details, at all, on his policies. he says he'll lower taxes ok fine but then he gives no details on what government programs he will cut. The government cant finace medicare, medi-caid and obamacare if their lowering taxes, the math doesnt add up! And being the "republican" he cant raise taxes on corporations, thats totally against their fundamental values. Romney will promise anything to anybody to get elected, and you'll hear that alot. he wants to cut taxes but when u ask what programs he will cut he doesnt and most importantly cannot state them because he would lose the nomination. (if he mentions medi-care or medi-caid) he's lost all senior voters, end of discussion campagin over obama is re-eleceted.

will obama work his charm? well he hasnt had to do anything and i mean anything because Romney has been shooting imself in the foot time and time again. with th 47% coments and his Vice-President Paul Ryan making bad comment after coment. I will call Obama's first term mediocre. (and im a Democrat) Obama was too weak when he first got into office when he had the majority. He didnt include the public option (which in my mnd was a complete failure from the president) in his Obamacare health care plan and tried to get bi-partisan support when he didnt need to. he failed to get anything major accomplished in-part because of the Republicans stopping everything and anything he tried to do. Everything he did was getting fill-a-bustered or voted "no" against. He was able to kill Osama-Bin-Laden and th economy is on the rise as evident to the 7.8% unemployment rate but in his next term (which i think he will get) he will ofrce things down the throat and implement his own policies to grat effect.

hipefully this helps.

Oh, that very helpful. Thank you for the patient writing it took. I appreciate it.

Ok, so i have always felt listening to Obama sometimes that he looks more of someone who uses big words but hasn't replicated that into work! It was like "all talk,no show" kind of thing. Am i somewhere close to being right or far far away from it?

Oh, that very helpful. Thank you for the patient writing it took. I appreciate it.

Ok, so i have always felt listening to Obama sometimes that he looks more of someone who uses big words but hasn't replicated that into work! It was like "all talk,no show" kind of thing. Am i somewhere close to being right or far far away from it?

you're right,,, He hasn't been able to accomplish anything really that he set out to do because the Republicans keep on voting no on ANYTHING, and i mean ANYTHING. when we needed to raise the debt cieling, the republicans held-out and costed us our AAA+ rating. but although they stopped all of his (Obama's advances) when Obama had the majority he tried to get EVERYBODY in the act instead of pushing through his agenda. Hopefully we will get back the majority in the Senate and House of Representives and because Obama will be in his 2nd term he can whatever and not worry about another election year. again thats only IF we get back the majority. to sum up what u said Obama has been rightly accused of "Leading from the Back" he wants to put forth ideas but not compromise he re-election so he was not the leader we all hoped and wanted and most importantly needed.

No I'm just saying that often when left wing parties are in power they do worse than their right wing opponents.

Usually because they are tidying up the mess left behind by chronic under investment in infrastructure, healthcare etcetra....

The NHS in the UK was a product of a left wing government, along with the welfare state. Though not always a success it's provided support to those in need for nearly 50 years, providing a vital safety net for British society. Take a look at the right wing reaction to Obama care.... then tell me that left wing governments always end in failure.

BTW, an absolutely fascinating read as to how political campaign evolved...in the New Yorker. http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2012/09/24/120924fa_fact_lepore

I highly reccoment it to anyone interested in politics. It's depressing (how people can vote against what they really want if you package it) but very interesting.

BTW, an absolutely fascinating read as to how political campaign evolved...in the New Yorker. http://www.newyorker...4fa_fact_lepore

I highly reccoment it to anyone interested in politics. It's depressing (how people can vote against what they really want if you package it) but very interesting.

Good read Toronto. ''How I got licked'' :D - an honest straight talking politician nowdays is rarer than hens teeth -and its a shame that in almost every ''liberal democracy'' US, UK, Canada, Australia etc etc it's generally the same shit, different wrapping

BTW, an absolutely fascinating read as to how political campaign evolved...in the New Yorker. http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2012/09/24/120924fa_fact_lepore

Politics is depressing. I'll never forget the labour manifesto of 1997 "education, education, education" followed immediately by abolition of free university access, which has subsequently turned into (effectively) private higher education.

What's more depressing is that the politicians and wider public are lambasting banks for thier short sighted ness. Yet this is the exact same curse which politicians now suffer from; say and do anything to insure that they remain in power during the next election, and screw the long term implications.

It's about time the political system (not parties) was scrutinized more closely, because (in the UK anyways) its simply now working.