The FIFA Thread v2

Shane

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now that FIFA 14 has been out for a month, thoughts? I must admit I like FIFA 13 better. The Player movement w/ the ball seems to be more fluid IMHO. On FIFA 14 anyone noticed how high Michael Essien is rated? He is an 81 :eek: Not sure how the game came up w/ that. Maybe 5 years ago but not today's Essien. Anyway have fun w/ FIFA, whatever version you are playing.

now that FIFA 14 has been out for a month, thoughts? I must admit I like FIFA 13 better. The Player movement w/ the ball seems to be more fluid IMHO. On FIFA 14 anyone noticed how high Michael Essien is rated? He is an 81 :eek: Not sure how the game came up w/ that. Maybe 5 years ago but not today's Essien. Anyway have fun w/ FIFA, whatever version you are playing.

Ps4 version will be the big teller. Apparently its like a whole new game. That could be the saviour for this year.

well if you get a PS4 & FIFA 14, do tell about your experience

I will do.

I'm only going off what one of the developers said in an interview. Who is not gonna say it's exactly the same.

Hopefully it's really good.

Speaking of ea sports. The nba 2k14 looks amazing on their ps4 trailer.

I will do.

I'm only going off what one of the developers said in an interview. Who is not gonna say it's exactly the same.

I think thats a major reason 2k and fifa lagged off this year,, they were really really putting major resources into the next-gen console game. Dude i read that Fifa 14 for ps4 was due to have nearly 70+ new annimations. Also yeah that 2k14 was as real as it gets man.

• 2 weeks later...

I will do.

Ive played it ps4 and the graphics are amazing. Like playing a real game of football. Slow gameplay like real football though.. and i mean very slow!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got this guy yesterday for PS4. Funny thing is: I never imagined myself playing football games at 26. First game I played in my life was Ronaldinho Soccer 97, a modified version of International Superstar Soccer:

Ronaldinho+97.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

confession of a guilty pleasure - I enjoy playing Seasons on both FIFA 13 & FIFA 14 for xBox 360. I always play w/ CFC & most of the teams I play against are Barca, PSG, Real & Bayern. Sometimes I have to play Argentina or Brazil. Still I love beating those guys. I can make Torres All World & Oscar is untouchable. When I play FIFA 13, I still have Mata & fools hate me. Yes call me Darth robdog on the xBox ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I decided to try FIFA14 as per my coworker's suggestion. I used to play PES for years, and here are a few of my observations.

First thing I noticed was that the default game speed was INSANELY quick, totally unrealistic. I had to change game speed to 'slow', it's a bit better now. Graphics are inferior to PES, many players I just cannot recognize apart from the name on the shirt. Some animations are better, some are worse. But the selling point to me is shooting... PES have in my opinion screwed up their shooting system in previous years. I literally have hit the bar and post tens of times from long shots in the latest version, but never scored. Shooting and scoring is a lot more pleasing in FIFA, because it's actually possible to score from any angle and distance and you don't feel like it's a waste of possession as soon as you hit the 'shoot' button. Also, career mode is a lot more interesting.

I have just begun my club career with Chelsea and instantly went wild in the transfer market. My team is:

------------------ Cech -------------------

Azpi ------ Varane --- Terry ----- Luis

---------------- Matic ---------------------

------ Oscar ---------- Pogba ----------

Willian ------- Eto'o ------------ Hazard

I also have Rakitic, Lukaku, Jackson Martinez and Shaw on heavy rotation. Luiz, Torres, Ba and Mikel got sold. Cole I traded for Filipe Luis and Ramires for Rakitic. I feel that this team is as complete as it gets now.

Meh headers are not as OP as many say, well for me anyway.

The only time I concede headers is when the fullback is out of position and I have to move a CB wide, so free space everywhere.

Otherwise it's pretty easy to deal with crosses, just need tall CB's like Pique etc.