The FIFA Thread v2

Shane

About 20 odd. I actually like the game and like the steps they've taken to improve it - it certainly feels a lot more rewarding when you score goals now. Just a few things that they need to refine e.g. the passing is a little bit off and the way a first touch is affected should be notched down a little - just subtle changes that'll make it a better experience and make it a little bit less sluggish.

Looking forward to your report on it mate.

Might be later tonight, but I will be as in depth as I can be and you can make your decision from that.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have season ticket.

Meaning i have had the game since saturday.

Its good. Heading and finesse shots are overpowerered but EA are gonna release a patch to sort that. Though can be dealt withthrough diligient defending and sending the keeper out to catch or punch the ball. But even then its still overpowered.

But no longer is it just a pace fest as dribbling take more skill and you can't just hold sprint down all the time. Personally i quite like it, but its nothing groundbreaking from previous fifa's. Ultimately if you like Fifa you will probably like this. Might be a difference on next gen... Not sure. Also Amazon are doing a trade in deal so you can get it on the ps3 then upgrade to the ps4 for around a tenner.

Is it me or have the referees become more stupid? Lmao.

Overall I'm impressed right now, as @Hutcho said, the sprinting's become more limited so now you've actually gotta use some dribbling skills to be defenders. There's not a drastic change from 13.

On an aesthetic note, prefer the new menu style 100%!

I also had the game since Saturday (but now I have to buy it), and I am sad to say Ultimate Team is still very much pacey-whore!

Rmpr.....Who is in our squad IE the new signings Willian, Schurrle, Van Ginkel etc?

Rmpr.....Who is in our squad IE the new signings Willian, Schurrle, Van Ginkel etc?

They all are, including a gold KDB now!

Willian is a great player who doesnt go for much, I played with him and really enjoyed it. And so is Eto'o, but he is a little expensive...

You can see stats here: futhead.com

Took a little while to adjust to but I'm enjoying the game now. Feels very different to previous versions.

Few things I don't like though (taking into account I only play UT & clubs):

- The crossing/heading is ridiculously overpowered. From my experience most goals for and against have been through crossing, and the same on videos I've watched.

- Lobbed through balls are still too easy for any player to pull off. You could have Shawcross playing pinpoint balls like he's Pirlo.

- Players sprinting 100mph to retrieve the ball for a throw in. They seem to have overcomplicated this with the idea of having the play constantly in motion, but for me it doesn't look right.

- The referee blowing up for HT/FT when I'm in a dangerous attacking position. This has happened nearly every match so far, and can be quite infuriating at times (especially when behind).

I hear they are fixing the heading issue which would be good but overall I'm happy with it so far.