The FIFA Thread v2

Shane

I haven't played UT in ages. My team is outdated. It was good 6 months months ago but with the MOTM and TOTY cards it makes my team look average. I have a La Liga team. All gold players

4-3-3

----Villa------Benzema-----Sanchez---

------Fabregas------------Ozil-----------

--------------------Alonso----------------

--Coentrao--Dede/Pique--Pepe--Ramos

---------------------Valdes--------------

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was lucky to get TOTY Aguero and Falcao in packs and got 1 million coins so could play around and experiment. I spent too much money on it this year tho, it almost feels like a gambling addiction, putting £15 on your account opening 6 Jumbo packs on happy hour to pull an IF Messi and sell him for 2 and a half million coins. Theres a TOTY Ronaldo currently going for 2,700,000. Put that into perspective you can sell 2.7 million coins on ebay for £450. I will probably stick a few quid if they re-release all the Euro 2012 MOTM cards together at the end of the tournament and see if i can bag one but tbh i'm happy with my team now, i like the diversity and look to it so will keep my money in my wallet now lol. I've actually gained 500,000 coins in matches alone.

I was lucky to get TOTY Aguero and Falcao in packs and got 1 million coins so could play around and experiment. I spent too much money on it this year tho, it almost feels like a gambling addiction, putting £15 on your account opening 6 Jumbo packs on happy hour to pull an IF Messi and sell him for 2 and a half million coins. Theres a TOTY Ronaldo currently going for 2,700,000. Put that into perspective you can sell 2.7 million coins on ebay for £450. I will probably stick a few quid if they re-release all the Euro 2012 MOTM cards together at the end of the tournament and see if i can bag one but tbh i'm happy with my team now, i like the diversity and look to it so will keep my money in my wallet now lol. I've actually gained 500,000 coins in matches alone.

I don't have money to use on UT, that's why I stopped playing. I hate how you have to use real money to get ahead in the game. Getting coins is too hard.

They had a tourney to get IF Honda but it's on Ultimate difficulty and you only get 2 attempts, it's impossible, they fuck with your heads these cunts. Tried it online but could only get to the semi.

Edited by Ollie

They had a tourney to get IF Honda but it's on Ultimate difficulty and you only get 2 attempts, it's impossible, they fuck with your heads these cunts. Tried it online but could only get to the semi.

I won the tournament online at my first attempt! Honda only sold for 13k :(

Finally managed to reawaken my love for FIFA again...I had a period of 2-3 months the game was just pissing me of and looked slow and clumsy...now I really and finally am enjoying my time in it.

Started the career with Newcastle, kicking arse so far. Signed Sturridge and Ballack. Playing 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-4(diamond)-2 and 4-4-2 depending on the opponent and players fit.

Hey Shon you might be able to help me out with this.

I've been using the new kit you posted somewhere a while ago but I've been having an issue with the crest. While every other "part" of the kit works fine I have 2 badges, one is a coloured badge that was part of the kit while the other is the standard badge that appeared on the previous kit and now overlaps the stylized badge but still lets a part of it be visible.

I'm too bored to create a screenshot so I hope the above makes sense :P

Hey Shon you might be able to help me out with this.

I've been using the new kit you posted somewhere a while ago but I've been having an issue with the crest. While every other "part" of the kit works fine I have 2 badges, one is a coloured badge that was part of the kit while the other is the standard badge that appeared on the previous kit and now overlaps the stylized badge but still lets a part of it be visible.

I'm too bored to create a screenshot so I hope the above makes sense :P

Easy to solve. Fire up CM12, find the kit and replace the first picture (our emblem, 128x128) with this one (png pic with removed background)

make sure you save it ;)

Lots of modders just put the crest on the kit texture to avoid misalignments.

Thanks. Knew CM12 was the answer. Got "Unable to retrieve information from the registry. Probably the game is not installed properly." when tried to launch it, any ideas (apart from reinstalling)?

Nevermind, got it. Cheers.

Edited by Kostas

Well i had a nice play about with my million coins.... fucked 500k away by trying different shit and buying players way over the odds, i aint into the bidding shit, just look, formation, position, yep, yep, by now, cheers. Sold for way under what i paid, created my above team but got bored eventually lol. I heard a rumour that Fifa 13 will be out on August, mega early. May not be correct but fuck it.... sold my 500,000 coins for £80 on ebay lol. Coulda got more come to think of it but hey, after winning my silly bet yesterday i'll take that now.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200778180337?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2649#ht_500wt_1156 lol

Just got a boring England team now for some more fun 4 star tournaments, keeping myself 40k to play with

Everyone on FUT spams 4-1-2-1-2 but i've always been a 4-4-2 traditionalist even tho it sucks on FIFA i try n modify it as best as possible. I always push the RM/LM higher and inwards and use one of the CMs a bit deeper. Then use a ST slightly behind the other. Lots of pissing about, especially in FUT.

What is your favorite tactic in FIFA and how do you like to play?

I usually go with 4-3-3, (2 wingers, 2 CMs and a DM) or 4-4-2 (narrow diamond with CMs instead of wingers).

Original FIFA thread should be unarchived shortly ;)

I usually play attacking but will play Possession/Tiki Taka football if I need to. My formation depends on the team I use. USUALLY it's either an attacking 4-3-3 (2 CM's, 1 AM) or a 4-2-3-1. On UT there is no real option other than to attack. You just have to play very quick and attacking on UT as it is more arcade-like.