Trying to Overturn the Suspensions

UEFA will not change itsrules to allow the six suspended Chelsea and Bayern Munich players to play in the Champions League final despite appeals for clemency from international players' union FIFPro.

UEFA would not do anything to help out Chelsea.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be amazing if they would but football is a strict horrible game these days, they don't care about common sense or footballers loving their job. This is supposed to be the pinnacle of club football, a dream match for players. To be suspended for a pety yellow card is just a real shame, especially Ivanovic who allegedly kicked the penalty spot. It's a great sport run by arseholes.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/28042012/63/di-matteo-unveils-truth-cards.html

Roberto Di Matteo admitted he deliberately did not tell his Chelsea players which of them were one booking away from missing the Champions League final ahead of their sensational victory over Barcelona.

The interim boss insisted he had no regrets about hiding the truth from them, despite seeing four of them suspended for next month's Munich showpiece. Branislav Ivanovic, Ramires and Raul Meireles were all booked, while John Terry was sent off.

Di Matteo said: "I decided not to tell them because I wanted them to focus just on the game, and there isn't an issue with any of the players."

Di Matteo's extraordinary revelation came in the wake of defender Ivanovic's stunned reaction on live television after Tuesday night's semi-final triumph to being told he would miss the final.

Ivanovic admitted he had no idea he had been walking a disciplinary tightrope, something made all the more galling by the fact his yellow card was for kicking the penalty spot in frustration.

Insisting he would not have done differently in hindsight, Di Matteo added: "As you saw the other night, you can be booked for anything. You have to focus on the task you have to do."

Can understand where RDM is coming from but not sure if that was really a good idea.

http://uk.eurosport....ruth-cards.html

Can understand where RDM is coming from but not sure if that was really a good idea.

It was smart in its own right, but it backfired badly. Two of them got booked for dissent which easily could have been avoided.

In a sense.. he's still right, you need to be 100% focused, and not worrying about missing a final. Even though Ivanovic only got booked for merely 'kicking a penalty spot', who knows.. having that potential suspension on his mind could have negatively effected his performance.

The real insane part of this, is that they hadn't figured this out for themselfs as individuals, baffling...

The real insane part of this, is that they hadn't figured this out for himselfs as individuals, baffling...

Thats exactly right.

how half of the footballing world knew they are one yellow away from suspension, and they didn't, is beyond me.

But how often do you see a yellow given for 'kicking a penlty spot'. Either the ref was a complete twat or there was more to the booking, who knows

Thats exactly right.

how half of the footballing world knew they are one yellow away from suspension, and they didn't, is beyond me.

But how often do you see a yellow given for 'kicking a penlty spot'. Either the ref was a complete twat or there was more to the booking, who knows

Precisely, no self awareness..

And never mind the frivolous cards for kicking a penalty spot. Even JT's 'incident' would have most likely only been a stern yellow in the PL.

Precisely, no self awareness..

And never mind the frivolous cards for kicking a penalty spot. Even JT's 'incident' would have most likely only been a stern yellow in the PL.

I doubt it. Off-the-ball incidents are generally dealt with harshly, like Iva's suspension. All the same, the linesman probably wouldn't have noticed it in the PL.

http://uk.eurosport....ruth-cards.html

I think what RDM did was completely right in doing what he did. I know there was some consequences to it but if you look at it, it was something which was totally absurd on that yellow cards. It couldnt have been prevented even if the players knew that they were one card away from suspension because those cards were not from the book ( how can u yellow card someone for stamping the penalty spot or just arguing with the ref)

Out of the Blue: Di Matteo did not tell Euro stars about looming final bans

Chelsea boss explains why he deliberately kept result of being booked against Barca in Champions League semi's decider from Ivanovic and co

Di Matteo said: "I decided not to tell them because I wanted them to focus just on the game, and there isn't an issue with any of the players."

Insisting he would not have done differently in hindsight, he added: "As you saw the other night, you can be booked for anything. You have to focus on the task you have to do."

http://www.mirror.co...berately-810046

Out of the Blue: Di Matteo did not tell Euro stars about looming final bans

Chelsea boss explains why he deliberately kept result of being booked against Barca in Champions League semi's decider from Ivanovic and co

Insisting he would not have done differently in hindsight, he added: "As you saw the other night, you can be booked for anything. You have to focus on the task you have to do."

http://www.mirror.co...berately-810046

This was already posted...