Barcelona vs Chelsea

termninja

let them go wide!!! they cant cross, they dont have the physicality to come in and they lack pace on the right wing(foolishly playing iniesta on it). on the left they WILL BE cautious for a counter for rambo's pace. as far as the pitch is concerned it is 2*1 m bigger than sb's. just park the damn bus and hope for a counter. they can not break thru. i just dont understand the strat of some people to play attacking football. it would be playing into their hands.

COME ON CHELSEA.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such a shame Sturridge is not playing well at this moment in time.

I would have been been excited at the thought of having the Sturridge of earlier in the season on the right against Adriano, especially when we get the ball and counter.

I really don't know what's happened to him... He's just not up to the paces right after I got his jersey!! (Got it for Christmas) Really think he's gonna need a really good manager to get him playing the right way

Barca struggled big time today against a Real side that played the same way we did. Possession was like our game, 70-30 ish and yeah, Barca created some chances but never really looked comfortable. I don't know if this is in our favour or not tho as Barca won't want to slip up in 3 consecutive games but we'll certainly get a boost if Robbie and the lads sit down and watch that game. We need to play the exact same way and do the same job Real did today then we might sense some very unlikely glory.

I don't think playing like what real did is a good idea. Real has a very good attacking lineup whereas ours is very poor. We should play similar to 1st leg defend and long ball to drogba.

I really don't know what's happened to him... He's just not up to the paces right after I got his jersey!! (Got it for Christmas) Really think he's gonna need a really good manager to get him playing the right way

It's simple. He is not good enough. I never think he is good enough but AVB has to play him because he is our future.

I don't think this should come as any surprise here's my lineup

Cech

Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Mikel --------- Lampard

Meireles

Mata ------------------------------------- Ramires

Drogba

Really wanted one of Sturridge or Torres to make a claim for Kalou's spot but they were woefully bad today. We get the away goal and I think we get through.... we score one they need 3

It's simple. He is not good enough. I never think he is good enough but AVB has to play him because he is our future.

I disagree I feel he's a young man needing some proper guidance. No doubt he possesses the skills to play this game... He is playing in his first season and he's out of position

I disagree I feel he's a young man needing some proper guidance. No doubt he possesses the skills to play this game... He is playing in his first season and he's out of position

I agree he is young man with good potential, but is he good enough right now to be a full time starter in a team that is trying to win championship

Especially in nou camp where the pitch is realy big, they will try to stretch our defense even more.

They will create chances against us and hopefully they are as wasteful as they did against us and Madrid.

Stamford Bridge Pitch: 103 X 67 meters

Camp Nou Pitch: 105 X 68 meters.

Yeah thats ALOT!!!

Too much is being made of the pitch size. It doesnt matter how big it is, what matters is how you use it. :ph34r:

Cech

Mikel --------- Lampard

Meireles

Mata ------------------------------------- Kalou

Drogba

Where's Ramires? He's my biggest hope for this game.

Cech

Mikel --------- Lampard

Meireles

Mata ------------------------------------- Kalou

Drogba

Really wanted one of Sturridge or Torres to make a claim for Kalou's spot but they were woefully bad today. We get the away goal and I think we get through.... we score one they need 3

no rambo??? suprising

A couple of stats after El Clasico..

• Last time Barcelona lost 3 consecutive games in all competitions was back in 2003 - Valencia, Celta Vigo & Atletico Madrid.
  • Last time Barcelona failed to win in 3 consecutive matches was in 2012. Drew against Real Madrid, Villarreal & Valencia.
  • Lionel Messi failed to find the net in 12 of the 13 games in all competitions that Barcelona failed to win this season.

Yeah thats ALOT!!!

Too much is being made of the pitch size. It doesnt matter how big it is, what matters is how you use it. :ph34r:

that's over 6 foot by 3 foot! That's a fair bit on a pitch.

that's over 6 foot by 3 foot! That's a fair bit on a pitch.

6 by 3 feet is slightly more and there is no big difference. Everyone is making a huge deal about it. Old Trafford is as big as Camp Nou and yet Man Utd Parked Bus and scored a goal back in 2008. Wembley and Emirates are as big as Camp Nou.

Now Bernebau is much bigger stadium.

I read a stupid article today from paul merson in which he says that Chelsea will struggle against Barcelona because the pitch size is almost the double that at Stamford Bridge. :banghead:

Yeah thats ALOT!!!

Look at the bright side, even more pitch for Drogba to fall on. :D

I can't believe how nervous I am for this game. It's all I think about.

Same lineup as first leg. There's been some talk of not starting Mata. I don't agree. Do the same thing we did before. I want him out there for the majority of the game so that if we find a chance to counter, he's there to deliver to Drogba. He's also pretty good delivering corners and let's us have Lampard in the box as another big guy against their tiny side. When the time is right, sub in Kalou for fresh legs.